2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CS front fascia bumper question.

Search this Thread

Old 8/29/18, 04:34 PM
Tms Mustang Member ------ The Customizer!

Received 126 Likes on 90 Posts
CS front fascia bumper question.

Im sure SOMEONE did this. I need some information.
Im looking at add the CS front bumper (fascia) to my 07. I know that I need kit 6R3Z6320049AA but what else do I need to do this?I read somewhere that I need a GT grill, gt fog lights and something about the connectors from the v6 won't fit with the gt fog lights? Is this all true? I can understand the gt grill but the rest?Any input will be appreciated.
Old 8/29/18, 07:54 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 667 Likes on 541 Posts
Yes, I have. Awesome rocks this bumper cover, love it.

You will need a GT type grille, but it doesn't have to be a GT grille unless that's what you want. Just a grille kit that is for a GT. A V6 one will not fit, it's too small.

The GT/CS front bumper kit (for which you have the correct part number), if you can still find it, comes complete with the front bumper cover, the two 'fog lamp' inserts for the lower grille, the brackets left and right, the lower 'splitter' that is required to make the undertray from the GT work, and the license plate bracket. One stop shopping.

Again, if you can find it. I mean, they're saying it's $560 installed at a local dealer to me here, which I find quite surprising...

https://accessories.ford.com/front-fascia.html

But I'd be more likely to believe you'll have to shop and shop to gather the parts. Look at this page, which is for the GT bumper setup:
https://parts.lakelandford.com/a/For...L/JC05011.html

And compare it to this page, for the GT/CS bumper setup:
https://parts.lakelandford.com/a/For...L/JC05012.html

That's the list. I can't say they have all the stuff. Specifically, you'll need these items numbered in the picture to have all the parts needed to make a GT/CS happen on your V6:

Qty 1 item 1 (the bumper. Items 2-8 and 15 are to get it on the car.)
Qty 2 item 2 left/right
Qty 2 item 3 left/right specific.
Qty ? item 4 all over the place. (Idk how many, get a dozen and you can use them all kinds of places.)
Qty 2 item 5 left/right
Qty 2 item 6 left/right specific.
Qty 2 item 7 left/right
Qty 2 item 8 left/right specific.
Qty 2 item 15 left/right
Qty 1 item 16 Lower panel is required for engine undertray mounting.
Qty ? item 17, required for 16 (Same as 4 above, just get a bunch, you'll use 'em.)
Qty 2 item 18, left right specific (the 'grilles' in the corners.)

And only if you want to put the license plate on the bumper itself... ugh...
Qty 1 item 19
Qty 2 item 20

But why would you do that, that's wrong.

So you now have the list of things (tm) that came in the hard-to-find kit, all you gotta do now is shop. Get the cover painted and then just slap it on, it's (supposedly) easy, although I did have someone else do it for me, 'cause it made more sense when the car got bumped by a semi up front... Heh.

Hope that helps, good luck!
The following users liked this post:
VGMStudios (8/30/18)
Old 8/30/18, 08:46 PM

Thank you so so very much Houtex for the in depth answer and for all the links and your help.
I really so appreciate this very much.
I cant wait to get this on my car!!!
The following users liked this post:
houtex (8/30/18)
Old 8/30/18, 09:24 PM
Legacy TMS Member

One is glad to be of service!
Old 9/1/18, 10:36 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
CS front fascia bumper question.-photo249.jpg

CS front fascia bumper question.-photo63.jpg

I have found the grill. Needs a little dusting but here it is all in one piece.
Old 9/1/18, 11:52 AM
Legacy TMS Member

What you want for that? Gimmie! Please? (I'd add the 'raising hand in classroom emote as well as some sort of puppy dog looking up emote, but the editor is whack on my browser lately... but hopefully this descriptive text helps in some way..)
Old 9/5/18, 11:04 AM

I'm already buying this from him.
He was just posting the pictures for me to see.

Last edited by VGMStudios; 9/5/18 at 11:37 AM.
Old 9/6/18, 01:48 AM
Legacy TMS Member

NOOOOOooooo......

I haz a sad.

Oh well, good on ya, it'll be great!
Old 9/6/18, 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by houtex
NOOOOOooooo......

I haz a sad.

Oh well, good on ya, it'll be great!
Sorry man and thanks.
I did manage to find it online if you are interested.
Old 9/6/18, 09:10 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Yes please!

I tried to find it, but havin' struggles...

/ooh, the editor's workin' again! Cool, thanks mods!

Last edited by houtex; 9/6/18 at 09:13 AM.
Old 9/9/18, 04:20 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts
So Houtex, what you are saying is that the time for me to convert my front fascia to a GT/CS has come and gone?

That's a bummer...
Old 9/9/18, 10:03 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Nooo....

I'm saying you can't (likely?) get the entire kit in a box(tm) like I was able to a couple-three years ago. That ship has (apparently?) sailed.

But I (sorta-kinda-semi-confidentlyish) can guarantee you can piece the whole kit together from the bits and pieces listed above. Hardest parts will be the numerous lil' bits such as those pushpins and stuff like that. ALL the part numbers are available in various places, I looked. Honest, I did! Or so they say, who knows if their online 'yeah, we got it!' is accurate.

Some from RockAuto... some from FordParts... and on like that...

So don't dispair! Just more 'legwork' to do! You can do it, I believe in you!

/Although I have no idea how you use your leg to work a mouse and keyboard, but hey, if it works...
Old 9/10/18, 12:33 PM

wait a sec.. I found 6R3Z6320049AA at a various places, what did you mean "that ship has sailed"??
Are you saying those places that have 6R3Z6320049AA is not everything? I is a little confused.
Old 9/10/18, 03:18 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Currently Unavailable.

Ditto. Ditto.

Discontinued.

And while it says 'sure' here... all that stuff makes me take grains of salt with it.

There's more sites that say "nosir, not here" than not. And it makes me believe that unless you got extremely lucky and found a NOS NBO NBU MIB example, you're going to have to put it together from the various parts from various places rather than just get one big ol' box from somewhere.

That said, I enjoin you to prove me wrongly upon my supposition of things regarding this kit. Love to know where another one is just to know, m'self. I might just buy it for 'in case', like I did the driver power seat I have.

/Acronym key for those who need it: NOS=New Old Stock. NBO=Never Been Opened. NBU=Never Been Used. MIB=Mint In Box. Used for collectibles and old parts.

Last edited by houtex; 9/10/18 at 03:20 PM.
Old 9/10/18, 05:51 PM

Ahh that's what you mean.
​​​​​​I found s few sites like this:
https://accessories.ford.ca/front-fascia.html

https://www.youroempartsstore.com/oe...-6r3z6320049aa

https://www.xportautoparts.com/oem-p...-6r3z6320049aa

What do you think?
And I do have an extra power driver seat rails if anyone is interested. Haha.
Old 9/10/18, 08:17 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Well, lemme tell ya a story.

Recently, Awesome needed new shoes. So I go around them thar intarwebs lookin' for new rubber rings for her wheels. And by far, the cheapest for known decent tires, ones I'd had before, were at Sears.

Yes. Sears. I mean, I honestly don't care where they come from, as long as the price is right and the tire is right. I also shopped Walmart, Amazon, Tire Rack, Discount Tire Direct, TireBuyer, Simple Tires, Big 10... etc, ad nauseum. 'cause 275/40R18s in All Seasons aren't exactly popular or cheap, so every lil' bit counts... And since I do the dismount/mount/balance myself (work at an autogroup), I just need the tires in my hands, I got it from there.

So I pull the trigger. Gimme four of those GMax AS-03s.

A few whiles later, they aren't delivered as promised. One note: They would only deliver to a Sears Auto Center. Odd. But ok, whatever, probably some logistics issue, I can still go get 'em... except I can't.

I start up a chat with the online people. They tell me weird stuff. I call the service center. They tell me weirder stuff.

So Long Story Short (too late), Sears listed the tires at a really good price on sears.com. But the thing is, the website doesn't know what's up. They listed them as available... but they weren't. Being as they're not gonna be /being made anymore. Getting rid of stock, as the newer AS-05s (which weren't at a good price) are the replacements. So strike one for the website knowing what's going on. But worse? I had to go do the automotive center to resolve the bill, because Sears is not sears.com, and neither is Sears Auto Center. The particular auto center, might I add. The why of it is sears.com takes the order, takes your money, then ships it to the Auto Center where they *completely* wash their hands of it.

Utter. Fiasco. Just the dumbest possible thing there.

Lesson: Do not shop Sears.com for anything automotive. Or just no more Sears except to go to the brick and mortar store... oh wait...

Second Lesson: These other websites can say anything they want, and even take your money while they're at it... but if most places say "don't gots, won't gots" then maybe you need to call them (not email, not chat, not write a letter) and have them absolutely verify there's a box there for you. Like tell them to send you pictures of it, opened and parts shown, all dated and signed on a little card with 'Pineapple cake is win' to verify it's not a forgery.

Because I'm betting they didn't update the website, and they really don't have it.

But don't let my doubtfulness dissuade you from going forth! I'm just an armchair parts guy.

/By the way, I wound up going back to TireBuyer and gettin' the N5000 Plus from Nexen. They're a decent tire, I like 'em fine. Ain't no Cooper RS3-As though, but Cooper don't make 'em in my size.

Last edited by houtex; 9/10/18 at 08:22 PM.