2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Convertible Interior/Top Color

Search this Thread

Old 6/15/06, 03:59 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Convertible Interior/Top Color

So, here I am...ready to order my 07 GT Premium Convertible and I am torn about a couple of things...

Redfire...it has to be redfire...and originally I was going to go with the red interior...but considering the color doesn't seem to match the exterior along with the "pink-ish" seats possibility from fade due to UV/time/cleaning....I am seriously leaning toward the new chamois leather.

But then...I am quesitoning the top color...I really want the black cloth...and I think it is the only way to go...the tan top will look dirty with time and does not have the aggressive stance of a black top...but will it clash with the interior? I don't think it is crazy to have a redfire body with chamois interior and black cloth top....but what say you?

Then there is the whole GT Appearance Package...to tell you the truth, while the engine cover is nice it is not a must have...and after looking at pics of that grabber orange with the GT appearance package...I am not that impressed with the tailpipe chrome...which leaves the non-functional scoop....I need to see it on a redfire convertible...but I cannot find a pic...I keep flipping back and forth between cheesy rice? and a waste of money that could be spent on axle backs that have better chrome......or go ahead and get the scoop and enjoy.

Let it be known that I am not a modder....with a 6 month old, and 2 year old and a 3 hour round trip commute every day...I don't have the time...so the way I buy it is the way it is going to stay (with the possible exception of those axle backs...but I don't want to get too loud with a vert).

I'm die'n heah!!
Attached Images  
Old 6/15/06, 06:06 PM
Bullitt Member

For what it is worth I just ordered an 07 Redfire with Black top (not cloth) and Black and Camel interior. The Chamois is a bit to orangy for me but I have not seen it in person. I did see an explorer on the showroom floor which had the camel interior and it looks very much like the medium parchment so i ordered it.

I went with the black top because I have seen that combo in person and it looked great. No clash in my opinion at all. I did not pick the cloth top due to the additional maintenance it requires. Also bird droppings can stain it.

Good Luck,
Bob
Old 6/15/06, 06:54 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by keeper
So, here I am...ready to order my 07 GT Premium Convertible and I am torn about a couple of things...

Redfire...it has to be redfire...and originally I was going to go with the red interior...but considering the color doesn't seem to match the exterior along with the "pink-ish" seats possibility from fade due to UV/time/cleaning....I am seriously leaning toward the new chamois leather.

But then...I am quesitoning the top color...I really want the black cloth...and I think it is the only way to go...the tan top will look dirty with time and does not have the aggressive stance of a black top...but will it clash with the interior? I don't think it is crazy to have a redfire body with chamois interior and black cloth top....but what say you?

Then there is the whole GT Appearance Package...to tell you the truth, while the engine cover is nice it is not a must have...and after looking at pics of that grabber orange with the GT appearance package...I am not that impressed with the tailpipe chrome...which leaves the non-functional scoop....I need to see it on a redfire convertible...but I cannot find a pic...I keep flipping back and forth between cheesy rice? and a waste of money that could be spent on axle backs that have better chrome......or go ahead and get the scoop and enjoy.

Let it be known that I am not a modder....with a 6 month old, and 2 year old and a 3 hour round trip commute every day...I don't have the time...so the way I buy it is the way it is going to stay (with the possible exception of those axle backs...but I don't want to get too loud with a vert).

I'm die'n heah!!
I went through the same debate and in my opinion the top and interior need to match. So that leaves you with Black or Tan/Parchment. The tan top and interior require too much maintenance to keep clean; plus the new black cloth top is - well - NEW (enough said there), and it gives the car a much classier and more expensive look.
Old 6/15/06, 08:06 PM
Bullitt Member

Here are some pics of Redfire with Tan interior and black roof. It may help you with your decision. I really don't think the interior and top have to match but that is a personal opinion and one of many.

Does it look bad?

Good Luck,
Bob
Attached Thumbnails Convertible Interior/Top Color-234709-20-4-.jpg   Convertible Interior/Top Color-234709-20-7-.jpg   Convertible Interior/Top Color-234709-20-6-.jpg   Convertible Interior/Top Color-234709-20-8-.jpg  
Old 6/15/06, 09:01 PM
Cobra Member

To tell the truth I don't know why the red interior is offered with the Redfire exterior. The colors really clash to my eye, it looks wierd. I like the pic I've seen of the chamois with Redfire, but who knows how accurate the color is in the pic. I'd hate to order anything sight unseen. I think the black top will look great with the chamois interior though because much of the interior is black anyway. It's really more of a two-tone interior. I've got an '07 on order myself, I went with torch red with the black/ red interior. My '05 has the black/ crimson red (ICAP) and I LOVE it!
Old 6/15/06, 09:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Bob99b5
I went through the same debate and in my opinion the top and interior need to match. So that leaves you with Black or Tan/Parchment. The tan top and interior require too much maintenance to keep clean; plus the new black cloth top is - well - NEW (enough said there), and it gives the car a much classier and more expensive look.
Too much maintenance? Is this from personal experience? A simple wash of the top and a wipe down of the interior is not too much maintenance, unless you go off road and get mud everywhere.

Keeper - IMHO, black tops tend to wear out quicker due to being black. They absorb the suns rays much easier than a tan top, and transfer that heat into the cabin as well. Go with a tan top and interior. Of course, I am a bit biased.
Attached Thumbnails Convertible Interior/Top Color-dscf0110.jpg   Convertible Interior/Top Color-dscf0114.jpg  
Old 6/15/06, 09:08 PM
Bullitt Member

I'm picking up my '07 Vert w/black cloth top tomorrow morning. I'll post some pics so that you can see the color combo. I went with the dk graphite interior.
Old 6/16/06, 04:15 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 2k5GTC
Too much maintenance? Is this from personal experience? A simple wash of the top and a wipe down of the interior is not too much maintenance, unless you go off road and get mud everywhere.

Keeper - IMHO, black tops tend to wear out quicker due to being black. They absorb the suns rays much easier than a tan top, and transfer that heat into the cabin as well. Go with a tan top and interior. Of course, I am a bit biased.
Hi, don't get me wrong, I LOVE the redfire/tan combo and think it looks really sharp. But I'm not lucky enough to live in sunny texas! I drive my car year round, through New England winters and snow storms. The snow, salt, and sand would absolutely stain the cra* out of the top in one season. I guess the same could be said for the black cloth, but overall I think the dark color is going to be easier for me personally.
Old 6/16/06, 08:41 AM
Team Mustang Source

Do Tan and Chamois match?

I would be bothered more if the Tan top and Chamois interior were slightly different from one another than having a Black top and Chamois interior that were not supposed to match to begin with.

Another thing to consider is that the Chamois interior is really a two-tone with the Dark Charcoal accents, I believe, so the Black top does tie in with it, IMHO. Plus a cloth top has a $$$ look.
Old 6/16/06, 09:57 AM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
go with black interior and black top.you cant go wrong..Just Do It!!
Old 6/16/06, 09:03 PM

i have the redfire with parchment roof and parchment interior. i love it .. very classy.
Old 6/17/06, 12:45 AM
Cobra Member

I have had two tan tops in the past.
Never again. Every time I put the top down, I would get black marks in the creases. And over time, they got next to impossible to keep clean.
Black tops only for me from now on.

Personally, I don't think the top and interior colors have to match. When the top is up, you can't really see the interior anyway -- better that the top goes with the exterior color of the car than the interior, and I think the tan top is way too light for the redfire.

Also, I would agree with your avoiding the red interior on a redfire.

Just my $0.02.
Old 6/17/06, 08:57 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Rampant
I have had two tan tops in the past.
Never again. Every time I put the top down, I would get black marks in the creases. And over time, they got next to impossible to keep clean.
Black tops only for me from now on.

Personally, I don't think the top and interior colors have to match. When the top is up, you can't really see the interior anyway -- better that the top goes with the exterior color of the car than the interior, and I think the tan top is way too light for the redfire.

Also, I would agree with your avoiding the red interior on a redfire.

Just my $0.02.
Old 6/19/06, 10:30 AM
GT Member

Ordered by '07 Redfire Vert

As you can see from my updated details the order goes in tomorrow. I went with the dark cloth top and the chamois interior.

Now the wait begins!
Old 6/19/06, 12:15 PM
Cobra Member

I think that will be a striking color combo! Congrats!
Old 6/5/08, 01:33 PM
Cobra Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
and here is mine..

Old 6/5/08, 01:41 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
nice car ....and thread resurrection...
Old 6/5/08, 03:13 PM
Cobra Member

thanks...
Old 6/5/08, 03:51 PM

Nice bro! I prefer the black/red interior, but great colors either way. I hope my red doesn't fade.

Old 6/5/08, 06:35 PM
Cobra Member

thanks man.. Yours looks good too

Quick Reply: Convertible Interior/Top Color