2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

the competition WILL be returning

Search this Thread

Old 6/4/04, 09:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by jgsmuzzy@Jun. 4th, 2004, 8:34 AM
There are two roumers here, one is that the new charger is an Australian design (Holden) that has just arrived here under the guise Vauxhall Monaro. It uses the 5.7V8 (Corvette) and is a 2 door coupe. It is too big and cumbersome to really be a threat (and cannot really be classed as a muscle car as they have detuned the engine for passenger comfort)

Uhm , thats the new GTO.

oh already pointed out , my bad. I would like to see a new Camaro too , it just better not be faster than the Mustang.
Old 6/4/04, 11:16 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by Kahdir@Jun. 4th, 2004, 9:18 PM
Mark my words, "The SUV craze is ending, Musle Cars are on the rise!"
You've been waiting to use that spider-hole, haven't you?
Old 6/4/04, 11:27 PM

Originally posted by Kahdir@Jun. 4th, 2004, 9:18 PM
Mark my words, "The SUV craze is ending, Musle Cars are on the rise!"
I just read something lately that said that exact same thing...

I'm trying to remember where, but it's escaping me ATM.
Old 6/5/04, 12:26 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by DarkStallion2K@Jun. 4th, 2004, 3:30 PM
Kinda makes you wonder though....after all these years with automotive breakthroughs...it appears the forthcoming theme is "retro"...which so far hasn't really disappointed (in the Mustang at least) but what will come after that...will all Mustangs ever to be built in the remaining years of humanity be retro-ish or will an all new never before thought of design come into being?.....makes you think.
I still remember when I was a total gear-head restoring cars the common thought was always "why the heck dont they just make them look like this with modern tech in it".
Old 6/5/04, 01:17 AM
Mach 1 Member

Hey if a leader leads.....the pack will follow(hopefully not David Koresh style though), but Ford's the leader with the muscle car/fastback return.....so it's expected that GM and Damien-Chrysler-Dodge or whatever they wanna be called now days will follow Ford's footsteps.

Bring em all back.....Firebird, Camaro, Charger, Cuda, and maybe even AMC could make a comeback......Javelin 2. nah scratch that last one.
Old 6/5/04, 01:25 AM

Huhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, man all these new cars coming out in the next couple of years is driving me crazy.

I am so ready for a new ride. I just don't know what to do. I have a guy here who works with me and his sister works for Ford. He's getting me info on the new Cougar that is supposed to appear in 2006. If anybody hasn't seen it it looks cool as h ell. I might just wait and see what the Cougar has to offer.

It's supposed to be built off the mustang platform.

What do you guys think????
Old 6/5/04, 01:32 AM

Here's a bigger pic of the Cougar.
Old 6/5/04, 03:08 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think, no, I know, that that is a photoshop and is not likely what the supposed 06 Cougar will look like.
Old 6/5/04, 04:51 AM

I sure wish it would look like that.
Old 6/5/04, 06:25 AM
GT Member

imo, looking at the pictures posted of the plastics used in the 05 mustang, i am not impressed: they look hard and cheap, just like my 93 explorer and for me, that's not good enough. if they can't get the interior right then what does that say for getting the rest of the car right?
maybe the production cars will be of higher quality materials, i hope so...i WANT to buy an 05 mustang but i'm not going in with blinders on.

every auto maker uses worldwide platforms to produce their product. saab and chevrolet (malibu) both share the same platform...ford does it extensively with a mazda platform...everything from mazda to lincoln with ford in the middle...this is how the car companies can save a bundle in development costs.

it's hard to imagine that gm would let the mustang go unchallenged...the only reason the camaro/firebird stopped production was due to the line shutting down because no other products were made off the platform...that platform went back to 1984, i believe. sharing of platforms for the american companies is relatively new to them, but you will see alot more of it from here on in. jackg 90seville 94k
Old 6/5/04, 07:20 AM
Team Mustang Source

IIRC those are Topnotchs chops of the Cougar. I haven't read anything about a cougar actually in the works for production.
Old 6/5/04, 09:23 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

yeah i havent seend anything for the cougar. ford said when they stopped the import version that was it. but those chops are outstanding IMO. the headlights and hood make it stand out
Old 6/5/04, 10:04 AM
Bullitt Member

Its possible it could look like that. Thats the front end from the Australian built Ford Falcon XR8. In fact, Ford should use that chassis because from what I've read, its really good and the independent rear suspension in it is really high tech, but its also set up to take a live axle because their 1 ton "ute" is built on the same chassis.
Old 6/5/04, 02:15 PM
Post *****

this may b a lil off topic but, all this talk of competition got me thinking: What about the (possible future) Cuda? please excuse the quality of my pic, as the everything except the color was done in MS paint...

and BTW i think that Cougar, be it real or a chop, looks pretty sick :headbang:
Old 6/5/04, 02:37 PM
GT Member

We really have it good, don't you think. I was raised in the muscle car era, and for many years I thought those days would never come again. And just look at us now.

We've got 12 second off the showroom floor COBRAS that would absolutley spank hiney on anything detroit put out back in the day. I remember 428CJ's on street tires pulling mid-high 13's on a good day, guzzling high HIGH octane while getting about 8 miles to the gallon. They were darn near the fastest thing on wheels back then. And before you bash me know that I LOVE old CJ's, and don't forget getting 100,000 miles on a muscle car was like living to be 120 in people years.

I want Cudas, and Camaros and more, it will only improve the breed.

And give us FORD guys and gals a target rich enviorment
Old 6/5/04, 03:23 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Toney C@Jun. 5th, 2004, 1:35 AM
Here's a bigger pic of the Cougar.
isnt this another chop by one of the artists on this forum? burningman, i think it was?

from way back when before brad's host crashed.

not many posts, but i'm definately not a noob
Old 6/5/04, 03:46 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by gotmy05@Jun. 4th, 2004, 7:22 AM
Not to get too far off topic but can I just say that Chevy makes some of the ugliest trucks I have ever seen in my life
They are not doing much better in the car department either!
Old 6/5/04, 03:48 PM
Post *****

^ so true
Old 6/5/04, 11:03 PM
I Have Admin Envy

The cougar with the aussie falcon front end is one of Topnotch's creation I believe.

BM did the really retro cougar.

For those asking for the aussie falcon to be imported to the states, most of the chassis is decended from the 60's ford Falcon tooling which was essentially shipped to australia. Rumor has it the next generation falcon will be based on the 2005 Mustang chassis. It would be great if they offered it here, as that would be a slam dunk.
Old 6/6/04, 12:12 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by justgreat@Jun. 5th, 2004, 6:28 AM
imo, looking at the pictures posted of the plastics used in the 05 mustang, i am not impressed: they look hard and cheap, just like my 93 explorer and for me, that's not good enough. if they can't get the interior right then what does that say for getting the rest of the car right?
maybe the production cars will be of higher quality materials, i hope so...i WANT to buy an 05 mustang but i'm not going in with blinders on.
Reserve judgement until you see it in person, Justgreat. The GT with the brushed aluminum looks very refined. I've been in my share of cheap-plastic interiors, including the Exploder. This 'stang isn't one of em!

Quick Reply: the competition WILL be returning