Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im only 18 and my insurance only rose 300 dollers
Old 12/26/04, 04:08 PM
FR500 Member

thats an awesome xmas present....my friends mom got an 02 GT
Old 12/26/04, 04:09 PM

mines killer already. Plus it was a compromise with my mother. She barely let em have the v6. LOl i have a heavy foot. But ill put some flowmasters on this and do some minor mods. I love it tho. The style is what i really wanted the power is just an added perk.
Old 12/26/04, 04:17 PM
Cobra Member

Why would she get you a car if she knows you have a heavy foot
Old 12/26/04, 04:22 PM

she didnt get it my dad did. She just tried to ruin it lol
Old 12/26/04, 04:24 PM
Cobra Member

Be careful with it. Just don't be stupid and weave in and out of traffic. I hate that!

ok, rant off.
Old 12/26/04, 04:55 PM

of course not im way too worried in getting it messed up lol. I havent even put it to the floor yet. its gotta stay in "new" condition through summer (in myrtle beach)
Old 12/26/04, 08:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

Parents who buy their kids new/expensive/powerful cars as gifts need their heads examined. No one who gets given a big-ticket present like a new Mustang will ever understand the value of money nor will they appreciate how hard it is to actually earn it themselves and how painful it can be to make the payments on it every month for years and years.

I am now backing off of the soapbox... :hiding:
Old 12/26/04, 10:56 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by exc911ence@December 26, 2004, 7:57 PM
Parents who buy their kids new/expensive/powerful cars as gifts need their heads examined. No one who gets given a big-ticket present like a new Mustang will ever understand the value of money nor will they appreciate how hard it is to actually earn it themselves and how painful it can be to make the payments on it every month for years and years.

I am now backing off of the soapbox... :hiding:
You better back off the soap box, because that is plain not true. It seems like you need your head examined and need to look at the exceptions who that doesn't happen to. You are stereotyping, and while some may be true, that is not true for all.
Old 12/26/04, 11:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

You better back off the soap box, because that is plain not true. It seems like you need your head examined and need to look at the exceptions who that doesn't happen to
You're right, it doesn't happen to every child. But in today's society, it does happen more often than not and I see it with my step-children's friends. What it really comes down to is knowing your child and doing what you think is right.

This isn't meant to rain on anyone's Christmas present. If you got a new '05 for Christmas from your parents/wife/husband/whatever, congratuations! The only word of warning that I would say is: Treat the car the way that you treat that relationship, with respect. The person that gave you that wonderful gift will appreciate seeing you drive it more if you do and they'll be glad they gave it to you.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone!
Old 12/26/04, 11:07 PM
Cobra Member

Take it from me. I appreciate hard-work, and while I may not be making the payments right now, I am caring for it like no tomorrow and am working VERY hard in school and am learning the value of hard work. You just can't bundle people that way. Some, yes, others, no.
Old 12/26/04, 11:08 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by PaulF@December 26, 2004, 10:09 PM
You better back off the soap box, because that is plain not true. It seems like you need your head examined and need to look at the exceptions who that doesn't happen to
You're right, it doesn't happen to every child. But in today's society, it does happen more often than not and I see it with my step-children's friends. What it really comes down to is knowing your child and doing what you think is right.

This isn't meant to rain on anyone's Christmas present. If you got a new '05 for Christmas from your parents/wife/husband/whatever, congratuations! The only word of warning that I would say is: Treat the car the way that you treat that relationship, with respect. The person that gave you that wonderful gift will appreciate seeing you drive it more if you do and they'll be glad they gave it to you.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone!
I wrote my previous reply without seeing yours. I couldn't agree more and that was very well said. It is happening more and more, but you can't just say parents need their head examined because if they give a very large gift they are spoiling the children.
Old 12/27/04, 12:22 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by CelticCub+December 25, 2004, 6:47 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (CelticCub @ December 25, 2004, 6:47 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-z71mudder199@December 25, 2004, 8:15 AM
Well I woke up to discover my parents bought me a redfire GT fully loaded with every option except upgrade Shaker system!
Wow that stinks. Why did they skimp on the stereo? Just kidding. That's great, really. Your parents must like you. My parents never bought me a car. I had to get mine the old fashioned way. [/b][/quote]
Same here

I'll buy my son a new car though for his 18th birthday provided he never slips below a 4.0 average and gets granted a full scholarship to Harvard Law. He'll get a Focus with air conditioning. If he gets into Yale as well I may opt to let him get power windows. If he doesn't make it, I'll buy myself something nice for his 18th, most likely whatever he wanted most.
Old 12/27/04, 02:26 AM
Mach 1 Member

He'll get a Focus with air conditioning. If he gets into Yale as well I may opt to let him get power windows.

Seriously, can you buy an American car today without air conditioning?

Seems like they are standard equipment and honestly, I've never checked the order guide to find out if it is optional equipment anymore.

On another note...ANY new car, IMO, is an awesome gift! It's a bit over the top though, but again, that's my opinion.
Old 12/27/04, 02:42 AM
GT Member

hmmmm so a kid well never know the value of money if his parents buy him a car? Id like u to know i've had a job at a body shop since I was 16... I know a little bit about money... my parents bought me the car because they love me and they know my love for cars, especially the Mustang... They also know I love this 2005 Mustang and want me to be able to experience a classic like my dad did 40 years ago...
Old 12/27/04, 05:57 AM
Team Mustang Source

I bought my own GT for christmas. But, the way my son has been acting it seems that I got it for him.

BTW he is 11
Old 12/27/04, 06:42 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by kevinb120@December 27, 2004, 1:25 AM
If he doesn't make it, I'll buy myself something nice for his 18th, most likely whatever he wanted most.
I like your plan. Brutal but fair enough! I must admit to having a case of sour grapes when I first read this post. I thought, "Braggart!" Then I thought that it's silly to be mean to someone because they are lucky enough to have parents who can give thier kids such an awesome gift. My parents raised 5 kids. Perhaps my brothers and sisters would have enjoyed a better lifestyle if I weren't born. More money to go around for everyone else!

The bottom line is everyone should be happy for these guys and gals. They have been given what most of us have to plan and save for. However, it doesn't mean they won't appreciate driving their Mustangs any less than we do. The only issue is whether they take their parents for granted. Judging from what I've read thus far, I doubt these cats do!
Old 12/27/04, 07:29 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well I bought myself a Mustang for Christmas. It arrived at the dealer on Christmas Eve, they are delivering it to me this afternoon.
Old 12/27/04, 07:34 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by holderca1@December 27, 2004, 8:32 AM
Well I bought myself a Mustang for Christmas. It arrived at the dealer on Christmas Eve, they are delivering it to me this afternoon.
I'd do anything to be in your shoes!
Old 12/27/04, 09:48 AM
I'm people, and I like.

i want a stang :stubborn:
congrats on your guyses presents

all i got this christmas was a 5 dollar gift certificate to In-n-Out burger, a ribbed sweater, and a promise from my dad of us working together to fix my '92 nissan maxima ^_^

(i got the maxima my senior year in high school (4 years ago)... it was my present from my dad and my uncle for me being the first one in the family to be accepted to a University. i worked my **** off in school to to get a 3,500 dollar used car, and i am grateful and happy i got a set of wheels)

Quick Reply: christmas mustangs!