2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

A Child And His Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 8/17/06, 10:34 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A Child And His Mustang

After 5 weeks with my new GT and after reading all of these threads, I’m hot for speed. I’ve been planning all my mods and researching everything including forced induction, etc. It’s really comical.

So the other day, I hear about a local dealer who has a used SN197 Saleen induced vehicle on the lot. I decide to stop over. I’ve never driven a forced induction vehicle before, so naturally I’m looking forward to it. I’m also curious to compare its power to my stock GT.
Old 8/17/06, 12:15 PM
Cobra Member

So you rip into the dealer Saleen with no intention of buying but see a problem with the 20-something year old driving his car the same as you? Assuming that Daddy bought it for him is also ignorant, I know quite a few people in their teens who have paid every cent on every car they have ever owned.

Sounds like you need to mature.
Old 8/17/06, 12:34 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is also a thing with Mustang owners. We like to play with each other in the spirit of fun. Perhaps he was just looking for a 'Thumbs Up" on each of you driving a cool car.
Old 8/17/06, 01:19 PM
V6 Member

Yeah.. You can't assume his dad bought him that car if he looks like he's 20. I am 20 years old and got my 2006 Mustang GT on my own. I was 19 at the time working full time and taking 8.5 units at school.
Old 8/17/06, 01:47 PM

Never assume... When I was 20 I bought a brand 87 Conv GT with my own money.

But let's assume for a moment that Daddy did buy him his car. So? It just makes you sound like sour grapes.

That's my "advice" to you.
Old 8/17/06, 03:00 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
I get annoyed when I'm driving my car and I see anybody trying to race me on the streets when I'm minding my own business. I get punk kids in honda civics with coffee can tail pipes thinking their car is a hot rod trying to race me in my Mustang GT......Just becasue I got a Mustang doesn't mean you have to ride my bumper all the way down the road like your car is just so fast you don't have a choice.........I like my Mustang but no ones above getting a break job......ha ha ha ha !!!!!!!.....
Old 8/17/06, 03:09 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Shotokan1509
So you rip into the dealer Saleen with no intention of buying but see a problem with the 20-something year old driving his car the same as you? Assuming that Daddy bought it for him is also ignorant, I know quite a few people in their teens who have paid every cent on every car they have ever owned.

Sounds like you need to mature.
Walt, I got to say, that I'm with Shotokan on this one. You make the kid (if he even was a kid, I'm 29, but look 22, even younger in my car with my hat on), sound like the bad guy, but your the one taking a Saleen out, beating on it, wasting the salesman's time, and you have no intentions to buy the car. Did you even mention to the salesman, that you weren't looking to buy, or did you give off a vibe, like you might think of trading in your new car? I feel sorry for the guy there, as you basically wasted his time, when he could have actually been selling a car to someone actually interested in buying. Shotokan's right, you need to mature some.
Old 8/17/06, 04:13 PM
GT Member

Some of you guys are funny.

It's really pretty simple - when you drive - stay out of the other guy's space. Save all the "look'in cool" crap for when you're off the highway. That's really it.

And yes it was a stretch on my part to assume daddy paid for his car.
Old 8/17/06, 04:55 PM
Legacy TMS Member

im 23 and i bought my own 05 msutang and all of the mods for it. i work hard, 70+ hour weeks to afford my modifications and the monthly payment and insurance. Dont assume "Daddy" bought it for me because of my age. That is immature in itself
Old 8/17/06, 05:17 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by mail906
Some of you guys are funny.

It's really pretty simple - when you drive - stay out of the other guy's space. Save all the "look'in cool" crap for when you're off the highway. That's really it.
huh?

it sounds like he was just cruisin next to you in the left lane....lookin to give you a thumbs up. You stated yourself that you were up to 90mph getting on the freeway. I would have done the same thing if I was the guy behind you, including pulling up next to you to give you props on your nice looking and fast car.

not sure where your attitude is coming from...
Old 8/17/06, 05:22 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by mail906
If you’re afraid to drive – DON’T or get out of the way. And YES, blocking the left lane with no one ahead of you because you are afraid that you would be the first to get a ticket means you’re afraid. So pull over and get out of the way!

What a smuck!!! Sorry, I meant to say asswipe!!! He doesn’t have to worry however. I won’t tell daddy.
doesn't sound like he was afraid to drive either...he was on your rear all the way to 90mph.

and I still say he was just crusin next to you to run again...or give you props.
Old 8/17/06, 05:27 PM
Cobra Member

you know how the saying goes...you can make an *** out of yourself by asuming......
Old 8/17/06, 08:00 PM
GT Member

You were the one doing the "lookin' cool crap" pushing it up to 90. And by the way, since you've got such a problm with this "child" behind you and how he was driving, take a look in the mirror.

Fine example you were setting for the next generation there, bub. You've got no "right" to speed at 90 mph any more than he had any right to "block the left hand lane" as you told us.

Ah well, what the hell. I guess hypocrites make the world go 'round, or something like that. And people wonder why car salesmen are such a**holes - perhaps because they deal with so many rude people on a daily basis.
Old 8/17/06, 09:44 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Tedz Pony
And people wonder why car salesmen are such a**holes - perhaps because they deal with so many rude people on a daily basis.
Hey Ted, not to nitpick, but there are some on here that don't fit in that catagory, just to let you know. Don't worry, its cool dude. No harm no foul bud. You do speak the truth, about dealing with rude people constantly.
Old 8/17/06, 09:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

Ok everybody, Take a deep breath breath out through your nose slowly. Ok Relaxed? Now Im sure things didnt seem so immature or messed up to him till he put them to writing and now HE looks like the *******.

Im one of those people that once im behind the wheel of my Mustang I have a perma-grin and all I want to do Is press the accelerator to the floor and listen to the growl of my V8. I dont even pay attention to the Speedo. And im sure im not the only person that every once in awhile just likes to rev theres up drop the clutch and take off from a light just for the feeling of the acceleration. I have no problem doing this in my own car, but Id never do it in a dealers show car. My car had 4 miles on it when I picked it up and I wish it had less then that!

Theres a time and a place for everything, so the saying goes. It defitnetly wasnt in a dealer car with a salesman in the passenger seat.
Old 8/18/06, 12:01 AM
GT Member

Let's all ***** slap mail906 why don't we...