2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Charcoal Aluminum finish Instrument panel in the Interior Upgrade Package

Search this Thread

Old 6/19/07, 08:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Charcoal Aluminum finish Instrument panel in the Interior Upgrade Package

Hi, I am about to put in an order for an '08 GT and I am trying to decide between the Charcoal Aluminum finish and the Satin Aluminum for the instrument panel. The interior will be Dark Charcoal.

The only two pictures I've found online are:
http://www.mustangforums.com/upfiles...621BCD8F71.jpg
http://www.mustangforums.com/upfiles...0E357D20F1.jpg

I was wondering if anyone had any other pictures of their dashes in Real Life lighting conditions.

Also, I was thinking carbon fiber panels might look nice with the Charcoal Aluminum, but I'm not sure if they would be same kind of grey. If someone might have already been thinking this and done this, I would be forever grateful for pictures of that too.

Thanks in advance,
noob Steve
Old 6/19/07, 08:36 AM
GT Member

I have the charcoal panel combined with the light graphite interior. I like the combo. I've attached another picture for you.
Attached Thumbnails Charcoal Aluminum finish Instrument panel in the Interior Upgrade Package-interior.jpg  
Old 6/19/07, 08:46 AM
GT Member

I specifically looked for the charcoal panel when I was looking to purchase. I thought it was much nicer and more subtle looking, plus it goes with anything.
Old 6/19/07, 08:50 AM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Here's some pictures of my 07 Black GT/CS inside with the dark Charcoal and Carbon Fiber inserts.

Attachment 28273 Attachment 28274 Attachment 28275
Attached Thumbnails Charcoal Aluminum finish Instrument panel in the Interior Upgrade Package-dscf0607.jpg   Charcoal Aluminum finish Instrument panel in the Interior Upgrade Package-dscf0608.jpg   Charcoal Aluminum finish Instrument panel in the Interior Upgrade Package-dscf0609.jpg  
Old 6/19/07, 08:59 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I got the satin, with the Red interior package it makes it all bling together. But the Charcoal is very classy. I would always choose charcoal panels with a dove or parchment interior for the contrast, but you can't loose either way with the charcoal interior.

What color exterior???
Old 6/19/07, 09:06 AM

Here you go, charcoal aluminum with dark charcoal interior. Also featuring the "premeir trim" option:

Kevin.
Old 6/19/07, 09:22 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by sycd
I have the charcoal panel combined with the light graphite interior. I like the combo.
I agree sycd. The light Graphite with the charcoal panel looks great! But my opinion might be a touch biased.
Old 6/19/07, 10:49 AM

dly: Wow, exactly what I meant. Thank you very much! The light graphite contrasts nicely.
Kevinb120: Thanks for your input! I'm going to go with Alloy Clearcoat Metallic for the exterior.
frodaddi: Sweet, that's it, I like it. Thanks!

I hope dark charcoal interior / charcoal aluminum dash / alloy exterior together wont be too bland, though... but I'm going for a modest, but performance "I'm not F-ing around" look.
Old 6/19/07, 10:51 AM

Charcoal Interior Panel

Here's a pic of my interior with the Charcoal Panel and Med Parchment Int. It definitly looks better than the Silver Panel when you have a two tone interior - not just all black.

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=66759
Old 6/19/07, 10:57 AM
Team Mustang Source

Well here's an alloy car for ya! Another excellent looking interior is the Chamios ICAP(chamois seats and panels just like the red), I was SOOO undecided between the two.

Old 6/19/07, 11:17 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, not an easy decision. I choose the Satin with the dark charcoal interior for my 08 GT since I felt that it would break up the dark interior a little and give it a little contrast.

I felt that it would give it more of an "old school" look while the Charcoal aluminum looks more like carbon fiber, and is more of a modern look.

But really they both look pretty good, maybe it's more of what kind of "theme" you want for your interior?

Originally Posted by krnpimpsta
Hi, I am about to put in an order for an '08 GT and I am trying to decide between the Charcoal Aluminum finish and the Satin Aluminum for the instrument panel. The interior will be Dark Charcoal.

The only two pictures I've found online are:
http://www.mustangforums.com/upfiles...621BCD8F71.jpg
http://www.mustangforums.com/upfiles...0E357D20F1.jpg

I was wondering if anyone had any other pictures of their dashes in Real Life lighting conditions.

Also, I was thinking carbon fiber panels might look nice with the Charcoal Aluminum, but I'm not sure if they would be same kind of grey. If someone might have already been thinking this and done this, I would be forever grateful for pictures of that too.

Thanks in advance,
noob Steve
Old 6/19/07, 12:14 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
It was a no brainer for me.

Old 6/19/07, 12:16 PM

Kevinb: I'm not sure if you got my response, because I updated my post instead of making a new one (noob move). The red looks great with satin + dark charcoal.

Thanks for all your help/pictures, everyone. I've now set my mind on Dark charcoal / Charcoal aluminum / Alloy. I've got an appointment to put the order in at 8PM tonight. If anyone has any strong opinions as to why this combination might be a bad idea, please let me know so I can consider it before locking myself into this choice for the rest of my life (ok, 5-10 years).
Old 6/19/07, 12:20 PM
Bullitt Member

I think Dark Charcoal, Charcoal Aluminum, Alloy will look sick!
I would then add some nice Black Anodized accessories from SilverHorse Racing.
Old 6/19/07, 12:24 PM
Team Mustang Source

IMO the color ICAP's red and chamois do good with the silver, the grey/parchment interiors and all charcoal look good with the charcoal dash. I wouldn't do it with red/chamois ICAP, looks like parts are missing.

I do think Alloy/Chamois is the classiest combo in the entire lineup.
Old 6/19/07, 12:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

I have Dark Charcoal, Charcoal Aluminum, and Black.
It is not too dark, it looks nice and elegant. Much nicer than satin, imo.
I didn't think it was that big of a deal at the time, but I realized how much more I like it.
Old 6/19/07, 03:31 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by redfirevert06
I specifically looked for the charcoal panel when I was looking to purchase. I thought it was much nicer and more subtle looking, plus it goes with anything.
I also specifically looked for charcoal panels, glad I did as it’s a nice look inside the cabin.
Old 6/19/07, 06:40 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Alloy/Chamois is what I ordered! Does anybody have pics of that?

Originally Posted by kevinb120
IMO the color ICAP's red and chamois do good with the silver, the grey/parchment interiors and all charcoal look good with the charcoal dash. I wouldn't do it with red/chamois ICAP, looks like parts are missing.

I do think Alloy/Chamois is the classiest combo in the entire lineup.
Old 6/19/07, 07:17 PM
GT Member

Get the Charcoal

The satin doesnt pop... plus It will fade over time from the sun. Get the charcoal looks like Carbon Fiber
Old 6/19/07, 07:29 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by muslenutz
The satin doesnt pop... plus
It will fade over time from the sun
. Get the charcoal looks like Carbon Fiber
It will? how do you know

Quick Reply: Charcoal Aluminum finish Instrument panel in the Interior Upgrade Package