2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Central Locking / Unlocking feature

Search this Thread

Old 5/18/05, 11:26 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Hi all,

Just incase others missed my point in my Global Window post. I'm trying to figure if this feature is part of the Global Window feature or not.

My car does not lock the passenger lock when I turn the key in the drivers door!

This method is mentioned in the manual to enable the alarm without the motion sensor.

My car was built May 3rd.

Thanks,
Old 5/18/05, 11:34 AM
Mach 1 Member

I will test mine tonite and let you know, to be honest, I haven't paid attention, I don't even think I've locked the doors that way.
Old 5/18/05, 11:35 AM
Banned

Originally posted by moc1976@May 18, 2005, 1:37 PM
I will test mine tonite and let you know, to be honest, I haven't paid attention, I don't even think I've locked the doors that way.
Yea I normally don't either But enabling the alarm without the motion sensor is required if you leave animals in the car. Heheh

Thanks,
Old 5/18/05, 11:37 AM
Mach 1 Member

Animals in the car, are you crazy : ) I hope that animal doesn't have any fur! Maybe one of those hairless cats or something : )
Old 5/18/05, 11:46 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just tested mine (built 4/2005) and turning the key to the right locks both doors and flashes the lights. Turning to the left opens the drivers door on the first turn and turning again a second later opens the passenger door.
Old 5/18/05, 12:35 PM
Cobra Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Mine doesn't work. The only thing it does it lock or unlock the drivers door... no flashing of the lights.

How can I set the alarm without motion sensor if this doesn't work?
Old 5/18/05, 12:44 PM
Banned

Originally posted by moc1976@May 18, 2005, 1:40 PM
Animals in the car, are you crazy : ) I hope that animal doesn't have any fur! Maybe one of those hairless cats or something : )
Yea I agree, they are cats with claws too. I think they might end up in a cage In my Taurus it was no big when they decided to hang onto the back of the seat. In this car they'd probably get thrown out the window... hehe
Old 5/18/05, 12:46 PM
Banned

Originally posted by biznazion@May 18, 2005, 1:49 PM
I just tested mine (built 4/2005) and turning the key to the right locks both doors and flashes the lights. Turning to the left opens the dirvers door on the first turn and turning again a second later opens the passenger door.
Yea that's what I'm wondering if the lights don't flash, I wonder if the alarm is armed. I guess I'll have to test it. But it seems strange this doesn't work, I wonder if it's related to the Global window feature.
Old 5/20/05, 08:06 AM
Mach 1 Member

Tested mine, and it does not work. It will not lock the passenger door, so I don't think you can arm the alarm w/out the motion detecter. Booo, Ford, u stink.

And, I talked to my dealer and the Ford customer service (what a joke) about getting some $ back on this option. And let's just say, I highly doubt it's going to happen.
Old 5/20/05, 10:40 AM
Team Mustang Source

I think you should be able to get this fixed. I don't have the global window down enabled but my alarm fuctions as advertized - don't see any reason why yours should not be fixable.
Old 5/20/05, 10:50 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by biznazion@May 20, 2005, 10:43 AM
I think you should be able to get this fixed. I don't have the global window down enabled but my alarm fuctions as advertized - don't see any reason why yours should not be fixable.
Biz, the alarm works. But if you read the manual, you should be able to lock both the driver's and passenger door with the key in the door. This should lock both doors, and activate the alarm w/out the interior motion detector. That is what Fastrack was referring to (I think) when this post was started.

Biz, can you use the key to do the above? Not really sure how to test that the motion detector is inactivated w/out putting a pet in there or something. Its no biggie to me, as no pets will ride in my car, but I think Fastrack needs it for the pet. All I know is that only my driver's door locks when I do this, it does not lock the passenger door.
Old 5/20/05, 11:52 AM
Banned

Originally posted by moc1976@May 20, 2005, 12:53 PM
Biz, the alarm works. But if you read the manual, you should be able to lock both the driver's and passenger door with the key in the door. This should lock both doors, and activate the alarm w/out the interior motion detector. That is what Fastrack was referring to (I think) when this post was started.

Biz, can you use the key to do the above? Not really sure how to test that the motion detector is inactivated w/out putting a pet in there or something. Its no biggie to me, as no pets will ride in my car, but I think Fastrack needs it for the pet. All I know is that only my driver's door locks when I do this, it does not lock the passenger door.

Yes you are correct that is the reason behind it there are other ways around this. I would have to press the Lock button (while accessory delay is still on) Get out and then lock the door with the key. I haven't tested this yet. I guess I could have someone else lock me in the car and wave my hands to test it

But if I get out of the car without doing this i'm out of luck. They should've just fixed this option...
Old 5/20/05, 12:08 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by moc1976@May 20, 2005, 8:53 AM

Yes - I can use the key to arm the alarm without motion sensor and it locks both doors. To test this just leave a window down and arm the alarm. You should then be able to wave your arms around inside the vehicle without setting off the alarm.
Old 5/21/05, 09:58 AM
V6 Member

I don't have the global feature but key in lock locks both doors and flashes lights to signal alarm set. To unlock with key- one turn= drivers door, 2nd turn= passenger door. I definitely need this with our dogs in the car. Yes 2 - non sheding small Yorkies.
Old 5/21/05, 12:34 PM
Banned

Originally posted by AB05GT@May 21, 2005, 12:01 PM
I don't have the global feature but key in lock locks both doors and flashes lights to signal alarm set. To unlock with key- one turn= drivers door, 2nd turn= passenger door. I definitely need this with our dogs in the car. Yes 2 - non sheding small Yorkies.
I do not think you need the Global window feature enabled in order to use the Central Locking feature. But the module they changed to disable the Global window feature has also taken out the Central Locking feature. Therefore I'm unable to lock both doors via the key.