2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

CDC Stallion Mustang Hood (2005-09) PAINTED

Search this Thread

Old 3/30/11, 08:32 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 61 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by 69CaliStang
I was thinking of doing the same thing... How much was the shaker and the work to cut the hood for it?
the hood/shaker is still available from aeroform- it comes with the hole. I didnt get the whole kit with the engine cover/parts(see below) so it saved a few bucks, think it still cost like 900 with shipping...plus a few hours to get the scoop in and paint it. only issue with the hood, it rubs the plastic right at the rear corners by the wipers- think its just a touch too thick to clear if shimmed for level with the fenders. the hoods kinda funny as the scoop blows thru a tunnel in the hoods underside to the airbox, it came with a cap for the airbox lid that seals to the hood 'port'- looks soooo restrictive to me, dont seem like it would do much, but you sure can hear the difference. Th 'snorkel' like thing that ducts the air to the bottom of the airbox looked to make filter replacements totally impossible, didnt get instructions but it all only fits one way- I split it inline with the airbox lid split so its not too big a deal to change the filter, but getting a tight fitting split/cutting the hole in the airbox/cramming it back in the fenderwell was kinda fun...

seriously though, that prepainted aluminum Foose hood is a STEAL - I'd get theirs in a heartbeat if I could - and the CDC shaker kit. a lot of guys in here sawed out their painted factory hoods with no issues at all- these glass hoods weigh a lot, and although its a nice piece of fiberglass, they aint perfect- the foose aluminum hood is a really nice piece.

The aeroform/fang hood comes prefinished, but the 'ring' around the scoop is molded to the hood, and it seemed a little thick to me, kinda covers more of the scoop inlet than I'd have liked...the CDC ring might need a little tweaking to form around the 'spear' in the foose hood, but I'm sure it wouldnt be a big deal.

My 'shaker' dont shake- I put the blockoff plate for their mach1 scoop under it, and made a gasket/backup plate/standoffs to get the scoop as high as possible...was kinda a PITA, but I wanted to leave room under the hood for a blower someday...heavy/a little bit of work, but I agree with DanG- 'fang had the right idea with that hood', just had to get one...

the Foose with CDC shaker would be a superior setup with the same look- and right now, would be cheaper!

Last edited by ford4v429; 3/30/11 at 08:42 PM.
Old 4/1/11, 04:20 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ford4v429
the hood/shaker is still available from aeroform- it comes with the hole. I didnt get the whole kit with the engine cover/parts(see below) so it saved a few bucks, think it still cost like 900 with shipping...plus a few hours to get the scoop in and paint it. only issue with the hood, it rubs the plastic right at the rear corners by the wipers- think its just a touch too thick to clear if shimmed for level with the fenders. the hoods kinda funny as the scoop blows thru a tunnel in the hoods underside to the airbox, it came with a cap for the airbox lid that seals to the hood 'port'- looks soooo restrictive to me, dont seem like it would do much, but you sure can hear the difference. Th 'snorkel' like thing that ducts the air to the bottom of the airbox looked to make filter replacements totally impossible, didnt get instructions but it all only fits one way- I split it inline with the airbox lid split so its not too big a deal to change the filter, but getting a tight fitting split/cutting the hole in the airbox/cramming it back in the fenderwell was kinda fun...

seriously though, that prepainted aluminum Foose hood is a STEAL - I'd get theirs in a heartbeat if I could - and the CDC shaker kit. a lot of guys in here sawed out their painted factory hoods with no issues at all- these glass hoods weigh a lot, and although its a nice piece of fiberglass, they aint perfect- the foose aluminum hood is a really nice piece.

The aeroform/fang hood comes prefinished, but the 'ring' around the scoop is molded to the hood, and it seemed a little thick to me, kinda covers more of the scoop inlet than I'd have liked...the CDC ring might need a little tweaking to form around the 'spear' in the foose hood, but I'm sure it wouldnt be a big deal.

My 'shaker' dont shake- I put the blockoff plate for their mach1 scoop under it, and made a gasket/backup plate/standoffs to get the scoop as high as possible...was kinda a PITA, but I wanted to leave room under the hood for a blower someday...heavy/a little bit of work, but I agree with DanG- 'fang had the right idea with that hood', just had to get one...

the Foose with CDC shaker would be a superior setup with the same look- and right now, would be cheaper!

Thanks for the info Tim! I just ordered from CDC today. I got the Stallion Hood (Vista Blue) and the hood struts!

I can't wait to get everything installed
Old 4/1/11, 07:29 PM
legacy Tms Member

Thanks for the info Tim! I just ordered from CDC today. I got the Stallion Hood (Vista Blue) and the hood struts!

I can't wait to get everything installed
cool...man, if I could swing it, I'd be in line too
Old 4/2/11, 09:13 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You're welcome 69! And be sure to post up pics once it is all installed. I love the Fang equipment but the CDC Stallion piece is well worth the money. And it comes prestamped if you do decide to add a shaker to it. Right now I'm torn between shaker and a scoop.
Old 6/20/11, 04:33 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anybody have this style hood with 70 boss style stripes on it?
Old 6/28/11, 01:28 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I hope to get the thing on this week or next. I've been really busy... Looks really good all by its self!!!
Old 6/11/12, 12:32 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Wow it only took me a year but here she is with the hood on!
Attached Thumbnails CDC Stallion Mustang Hood (2005-09) PAINTED-image-16128552.jpg   CDC Stallion Mustang Hood (2005-09) PAINTED-image-3393058208.jpg  
Old 6/11/12, 12:33 PM
Banned

The Stallion hood looks great! It's a subtle change that makes a big difference
Old 6/21/12, 07:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
I piked up mine last year from CDC for $250 after I won a $200 gift at the Mustang Memories show in Michigan. I just put it on the car, but it needs paint as it is currently painted bright red and my car is Windveil Blue.

Now I am contemplating mating it with a Shaker system. I am going after a real retro look with the car.
Old 6/21/12, 07:56 PM
legacy Tms Member

Wow it only took me a year but here she is with the hood on!
looks great- I think ford shoulda done these this way, just a little crease, but it adds so much.

i see you have a 69 project too...i havent touched mine since 1984
Old 6/27/12, 11:33 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by ford4v429
looks great- I think ford shoulda done these this way, just a little crease, but it adds so much.

i see you have a 69 project too...i havent touched mine since 1984
Yep I sure do but I feel your pain because I rarely get to working on it. I'm have started again but it's usually a lack of money or time...
LOL
Old 6/28/12, 08:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

I am going to be putting some on. I just have to decide on 70 Mach 1 style or Shaker style. Both look good.

Originally Posted by 48prerunner
Anybody have this style hood with 70 boss style stripes on it?
Old 6/29/12, 08:34 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Your new hood looks great! Better late than never!

Here is mine
CDC Stallion Mustang Hood (2005-09) PAINTED-image-3429517159.jpg
Old 10/24/13, 11:29 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by B1GP1MP1N
Your new hood looks great! Better late than never!

Here is mine
Attachment 113822

That looks awesome in black!
Old 10/25/13, 04:11 AM
Mach 1 Member

Here is how mine came out also. I love this hood!

Name:  IMG_0015.jpg
Views: 395
Size:  65.2 KB
Old 10/25/13, 05:13 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
That looks great
Old 10/25/13, 07:41 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by SeanD
Very nice... I want a shaker as well. Looks awesome!
Old 10/26/13, 11:45 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks awesome!
Old 10/26/13, 01:02 PM
legacy Tms Member

love the hood, the scoop, the stripe... I did nearly the same stripe, except the outline is wider, either way, I think the lines all fit the car soooo well
Name:  front3-4high.jpg
Views: 393
Size:  93.4 KB
Old 10/30/13, 08:22 AM

I ended up getting the CDC aluminum hood, and cutting it for my Fang Shaker set up. I like how it sits a bit further back on the hood...

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/i...ps24ed7498.jpg

Last edited by DanG; 10/30/13 at 08:28 AM.

Quick Reply: CDC Stallion Mustang Hood (2005-09) PAINTED