2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Catted mid pipes recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 9/4/16, 03:22 AM

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Catted mid pipes recommendations

I'm looking for input on catted mids for the s197. Took a peek in my H pipes (OEM, 125K miles) today in between tearing my car apart...let's just say I can shake the stock pipes and schtuff falls out of the exhaust.

Any info/recommendations? I want Catted mids because I'm concerned with passing a Cali emissions test next year.

I was looking at the BBK catted mids on AM. They seem reasonably priced, however I'm concerned with how well the fitment is going to be with BBK shorty headers and stock mufflers.

Thanks y'all!
Old 9/4/16, 10:04 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I don't know about shorty headers but I installed a set of BBK LTH along with BBK catted x-pipe while keeping the other pipes and they fit great. The catted x-pipe will make the exhaust a little louder and give it a different kind of sound compared to the h-pipe. I also have a set of Pypes Pype Bombs installed and it is LOUD. I love it the wife not so much.
Old 9/4/16, 04:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts
Originally Posted by wileycoyote05
I'm looking for input on catted mids for the s197. Took a peek in my H pipes (OEM, 125K miles) today in between tearing my car apart...let's just say I can shake the stock pipes and schtuff falls out of the exhaust.

Any info/recommendations? I want Catted mids because I'm concerned with passing a Cali emissions test next year.

I was looking at the BBK catted mids on AM. They seem reasonably priced, however I'm concerned with how well the fitment is going to be with BBK shorty headers and stock mufflers.

Thanks y'all!
Huh? BBK shorties and BBK mid pipe, and you're worried about fitment? That's weird. I would think going with the same brand would eliminate that concern, or am I missing something? Even if you used different brands they are stock replacements. Did you have fitment issues with the shorties and your stock mid-pipe? And what is your concern about the mufflers? They don't have anything to do with anything.

Just make sure the mid-pipe comes with a CARB# and sticker.