2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Car Coming Any Day Now!

Search this Thread

Old 11/15/04, 05:42 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

My original delivery date was 11/24, but now it has been bumped back to 11/17-11/18, according to Ford Customer Service! It's on a car carrier right now! I'll be doing price negotiations Tuesday, which will probably make or break me on the car, but I think I'll get what I want - my dealership doesn't have an allocation for any '05 Mustangs. They're very small, so I have that in my corner, as well as the fact that I know some VERY hgh up/well-off people at Six Flags Great Adventure who I could give this delaership's business card to or not. Depends on if they want to deal.
LOL... these people think I'm drooling at this car.... they're so not going to expect me to whip out my $500 over invocie price.
Black '05 Mustang GT, baby! WOOOO!
Old 11/15/04, 06:43 AM
Mach 1 Member

so you ordered a car and waited all this time without any talk about price?
Old 11/15/04, 06:58 AM
Mach 1 Member

I'm happy for you guy, but there is something about ordering a new car that I don't understand. I always thought that when you "order" a car, the dealership and you agree on what they will deliver to you (the car) and what you will deliver to them (the money). Must be that new math I've been hearing about

The Boss Hog
(Here's hoping you get it!)
Old 11/15/04, 07:00 AM
I'm people, and I like.

Good Luck, Charlie
Old 11/15/04, 07:24 AM
Cobra Member

Congratulations! You're lucky to have yours come in early. Most others appear to be arriving later than planned.
Old 11/15/04, 08:26 AM
GT Member

The dealer may still have the last laugh!
Old 11/15/04, 08:32 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by The Boss Hog@November 15, 2004, 8:01 AM
I always thought that when you "order" a car, the dealership and you agree on what they will deliver to you (the car) and what you will deliver to them (the money
Yeah...umm..when I ordered, we agreed on the price at the time of ordering, and the price went on the sheet that I signed...you may want to take a look at that before he sells his ONLY '05 for a hefty 3k over invoice to the guy thats drooling down your back...
Old 11/15/04, 12:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

Thumbs down

I'm not really worried about negotiating a price... and when I ordered the car back in August, I couldn't talk price. They weren't released yet. Besides, why should I care? If they don't give me the price I want, they wasted their time, not mine. They're in business to sell cars, not me. Don't worry, I think I'll be fine.
If the man doesn't want to deal with me, I'll just take my business elsewhere. I'm not going to die if I don't get the car Nov. 18th. If I have to wait until April 18th, so be it. It's only a Mustang, guys, not a Special Edition or a Shelby. Ya gotta have some perspective. If there's some drooling imbecile stupid enough to pay $33,000 for a $25,000 car that'll be worth $15,000 in one year, then by all means, throw your money away.
People always mention these preorders as "their" car. It's not your car. It's the dealership's, and that's the way I am looking at it. My "car" isn't being stolen from me, because I haven't bought it yet. It isn't being sold out from under me, because I can order a 100 more of them just like it. It's an assembly line car, with around 200k being produced a year. It's just a question of time, of which I have plenty. Their dealership, on the other hand, doesn't. Every day that car sits on the lot, it's costing THEM money, not me.
I haven't made any commitments, I haven't filled out the credit app, nor have I messed with my insurance. I have appointments to do that after/on Tuesday, IF I get what I want. If I don't, then I will take my $500 deposit back, inform my buddies at SFGA of my experience, and go elsewhere. Perhaps one of their major competitors down the road, if they erk me enough, lol.
I'm dealing with a very small dealership with NO stock allocation. Any Mustangs they are getting in are preorders... of which have been a grand total of two (counting my car). Every other dealership in the area has sold at least four Mustangs and has two on the lot. My dealership has sold one and has NONE on the lot... until my order comes in. I've got the other factors I mentioned in my first post, plus a hefty upbringing of Italian-style haggling behind me, and my g/f's support tomorrow. I'm not really worried.
I'll keep you guys updated as to what happens tomorrow... I'm going over there around 530 PM tomorrow and I'll be home to update around midnight.

Thanks for wishing me luck, thezeppelin8!
Old 11/15/04, 01:15 PM
I'm people, and I like.

whoa! thats a lot to read, but you make an excellent point, Charlie!

italian-style haggling, huh? i want some of that.

Old 11/15/04, 02:03 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by OBleedingMe@November 15, 2004, 1:30 PM
plus a hefty upbringing of Italian-style haggling behind me
You mean the kinda that has Vito and Tony behind you with cro-bars waiting for him to have an "unfortunate accident" ? lol...

i can see it now....

I said 500 over invoice...

I said 500 over invoice...

Hope it works out for ya!!! B)
Old 11/15/04, 02:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

LOL nah! No mob connections here. Just good old haggling... my dad taught me very well.
Old 11/15/04, 02:13 PM
Cobra R Member

Yo Charlie..... more power to you if you expect to get the Mustang @ $500 over invoice. I know that that kinda price isn't going to happen in my neck of the woods. They are selling for MSRP in my town, and really I don't have any problem with that.....it's the ADM's that are 3-4-5 thousand or more over, that I stay away from (on any car....not just a Mustang) B). There are several dealerships in my general area (1-2 hour radius) that are gouging severely on the Stangs. Charlie....it almost sounds like you're playing a game with the dealership that ordered the car for you in good faith. Informing your buddies at SFGA if you don't get what you want/your experience??? No offense Charlie, but if I was the car salesman, I wouldn't care if I sold you the car or not.......not unless you lost the attitude/chip that you seem to be going in there with . YOU ordered the car, and they placed the order.....but it seems like from reading your post, that you would play with with the small 'Mom and Pop' dealership, just to make a point. You ordered a car the way you wanted it....paid a $500 deposit....and don't know the price??? Enjoy the '05.....
Old 11/15/04, 02:15 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by OBleedingMe@November 15, 2004, 1:30 PM
I'm dealing with a very small dealership with NO stock allocation. Any Mustangs they are getting in are preorders... of which have been a grand total of two (counting my car). Every other dealership in the area has sold at least four Mustangs and has two on the lot. My dealership has sold one and has NONE on the lot... until my order comes in.
Good luck. There is no difference between stock allocation and sold allocation. You are either allocated cars or you're not. The fact that they have no others will probably hurt you, not helpyou. If they had a few of them in stock, they might be more inclined to help you.

I hope everything works out for you.

By the way, as far as the Six Flags thing, if they buy Fords I'm sure they would be a fleet purchaser anyway.
Old 11/15/04, 02:22 PM
MIL

My built date was set for 11-08 to 11-15 and my ETA to get my baby was 11/29, but today while I was at work my dealer called and said the Car has arrived come pick it up...

I almost cried....

Now I have wait for my dad to pick me up....

I will post pics later....

Old 11/15/04, 02:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

To Karpo: No, no, no! Not tallking about mass purchases by SFGA, just a lot of higher-ups I know that don't give a darn about mark-ups or MSRP. Individuals, not the company.
As far as my Mustang being the only one on the lot, you could be right, Karpo, it could hurt more than help. We'll see.
To Giddyup: Well, at the time I put down the deposit (like everyone else who ordered before Spet. 7th), pricing was not released. When I got my dora, it had MSRP on it for my car.
And that "attitude" you speak of has served me quite well in my business ventures. Remember, most salesmen of ANY sort, when it comes to price flexibility, are there to make money, not lose it. You have to be aggressive if they are.
Perhaps you have the wrong impression of me, I'm not totally sure. They are not Mom & Pop. They are located in a pretty well-off area in NJ. I'm not taking advantage of these guys. I have mentioned to them multiple times that I'm not 100% certain I wil be purchasing the car, that it hinged on the sort of deal we could hash out. Every time I did they smiled and said all right. I don't think it will be too tough to coax a good deal out of these guys. I could be wrong. Sometimes people surprise you, but I think it's going to be a pretty easy-going deal.
Old 11/15/04, 02:43 PM
Cobra R Member

Charlie...I hope you get the car you ordered. It's a business both ways....and I guess I took it wrong when I read the comments about telling your buddies at SFGA about your experience (negative) at the small dealership. My dealerhip in Longview hasn't had a GT yet.......and they have a waiting list for purchasing it when it comes in (late this week or early next). It's Torch Red on Red Int. and they are sure trying to tempt me to take this one, and bypass the Silver. NOT..... Are you getting the same color (roughly) as your vintage GT? Enjoy dude.....
Old 11/15/04, 03:29 PM

Charlie....good luck to u, man. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one (optimistic / trustful / naive)? enough to order a car without any deal in writing, but I'm in the exact same place.

Mine got built on 11/9 and is supposed to be in around the 19th. I don't typically have much faith in most car dealers/salespeople, but I've known my salesman for over 20 years - back before he was selling cars, and the dealership is one of the medium sized ones in the area.

My deal is open on both ends - I didn't sign anything or put any money down to order. This will be my 4th car in 4 years from this place, and the SM hasn't screwed me out of a deal yet. Worst case if they won't play nice - I order from someone else and just have to wait until Jan/Feb.

Let us know how u do!
Old 11/15/04, 03:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

It's cool, Giddyup.
No, my car is not going to be Legend Lime. It's going to be black with double blood red racing stripes (aftermarket). I'm going to take pics of them side-by-side when I get the '05.
Thanks for the luck, siuhog! Luck to you too!
Old 11/15/04, 04:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

I'm a nothing signed, no deposit buyer myself. I don't have to have the car right now. In fact, I didn't want till Feb but it may be here by the end of the month. If they screw around with me, I say no thank you and order some place else. No big deal. I live in Georgia for goodness sake. Next summer, every 18-year old punk around Atlanta will have one so exclusive it is not.

Jason
Old 11/15/04, 04:10 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by OBleedingMe@November 15, 2004, 3:28 PM
To Giddyup: Well, at the time I put down the deposit (like everyone else who ordered before Spet. 7th), pricing was not released.
I would suggest to anyone, have an agreement on the pricing even if it isn't available. We sold our first coupe on May 24th with an agreement that the pricing would be exact invoice. We have also taken our first order on a convertible with the same agreement. We will fill in the number when the pricing is released but at least there won't be any surprises.

Quick Reply: Car Coming Any Day Now!