2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Car came in with something missing

Search this Thread

Old 3/13/07, 12:59 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by davisinla
Power passenger seat (part of the comfort group) was a MUST in my purchase so that Mrs. DAVISinLA could see over the dash!

I also use my seat heaters...yes, it gets cool at night here in LA too!
Yes, the power passenger seat was a deal maker for us too.
Old 3/13/07, 01:01 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
If you're ordering a car, there's no reason to settle for less than exactly what you want.

Can you have those items installed by the dealer?
Old 3/14/07, 04:55 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My advice would be to get the exact vehicle you want. In my case, ordering an 07 was largely due to my desire to have both a charcoal dash panel and spoiler delete. I could have picked up an 06 without those off the lot (and of course without the new options for 07). It seemed trivial at the time, but I ordered the 07 and once it arrived exactly as I wanted, I knew it was the right decision.

I have both Sirrus and comfort group. Sirrus is good, and in my opinion the comfort group is pretty good - the passenger power seat and the compass in the mirror are good; the heated seats are marginal - they work but barely and they power off automatically in 10 minutes (which is unnecessary and impairs their functionality).
Old 3/14/07, 06:25 PM
Closet American

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's a very simple equation really >> Why did you bother ordering a car to begin with if it wasn't to get exactly what you wanted? Otherwise, you would have just bought one off the lot.

Insist on the car you ordered.
Old 3/14/07, 06:27 PM
Closet American

Originally Posted by mail906
...the heated seats are marginal - they work but barely and they power off automatically in 10 minutes (which is unnecessary and impairs their functionality).
I would offer that after the ten minutes are up and they are as warm as they can get in that time period, that you should just turn them on again immediately. I'm sure the cumulative effect will warm the seats up adequately.
Old 3/14/07, 07:50 PM
Cobra Member

Do you have an update? I'm potentially in the same boat. I discovered yesterday that the dealer botched the order when they entered it. They tried to make the changes but there's a chance they might be too late. If that's the case, they're going to be reordering for me. They have a car that's REALLY close to what I want in stock and keep trying to sell it to me. I'm going in X-plan and they actually keep knocking dollars off the price. They really want to move cars! I keep telling them I'll take it if they change the trunk lid and hood which they are hesitant to do for some reason... :-)
Old 3/14/07, 08:19 PM
V6 Member

Dealer won't help-have to reorder but should I wait for '08?

Well, the dealer wouldn't do anything and wouldn't guarantee the current incentives if I did reorder. Now, I'm not sure if I'll wait til '08. It seems crazy to get an '07 possibly with no incentives withthe '08 order guides coming out shortly after I'd take delivery. With all the SE's looming in the future, I'm really confused now. I wish the car would've come in to my specs.
Old 3/14/07, 08:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jmart0124
Well, the dealer wouldn't do anything and wouldn't guarantee the current incentives if I did reorder. Now, I'm not sure if I'll wait til '08. It seems crazy to get an '07 possibly with no incentives withthe '08 order guides coming out shortly after I'd take delivery. With all the SE's looming in the future, I'm really confused now. I wish the car would've come in to my specs.

Alot Of people ordered 06 when I ordered an 07................ The reason why I ordered was because I GOT what I wanted I didn't have to alot of aftermarket like alot ppl have done!
Old 3/14/07, 10:30 PM
Closet American

Well, the dealer wouldn't do anything and wouldn't guarantee the current incentives if I did reorder.
Two words: Walk away.

Let the ******* eat it!
Old 3/15/07, 12:11 AM
Cobra R Member

Do you have a signed agreement for mustang you ordered? If you do,i would walk into dealership,ask to talk to manager...tell him plain and simple,i want car i ordered...i want it asap and if you won't, then you can talk to my lawyer tommorrow!
Old 3/15/07, 12:32 AM
Mach 1 Member

that sucks...
why are dealers so mean? don't they understand all that you want is your car? that you are paying for? i mean if it didn't come the way you want it, why does the dealer get away with it?

it seems to me like they don't want to sell you a car.

i agree: walk away.
Old 3/15/07, 05:06 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Hollywood_North GT
I would offer that after the ten minutes are up and they are as warm as they can get in that time period, that you should just turn them on again immediately. I'm sure the cumulative effect will warm the seats up adequately.
maybe rudimentary would be a better way of describing them
Old 3/15/07, 05:32 PM
Closet American

Originally Posted by mail906
maybe rudimentary would be a better way of describing them
Ford = rudimentary.
Old 3/15/07, 09:57 PM
Cobra R Member

try to get the hid's and sirus, andcomfort group free its not your mistake its theirs and they know it
Old 3/16/07, 06:47 AM
Cobra Member

At this point just walk away and find another dealer. I wouldn't worry about the incentives. I'm pretty sure they'll either extend them or even improve them. Either way, it's just not worth compromising because they screwed up. This is a HUGE reason why Ford is in the boat they're in. While they do have some decent dealers, it's more often than not that they're arrogant asses who don't have the first clue about customer service. I bought a '97 Cobra new for my wife. We literally went to 5 dealers before we found one that I trusted. One of the idiots actually tried to downsell us into an SVT Contour suggesting the Cobra was too much car for my wife. Forget about the fact that we drove onto the lot in my 600HP Z/28 complete with roll bar and fiberglass shells! Good luck!
Old 3/16/07, 11:35 AM
GT Member

I originally wanted the comfort package with mine, but since I bought mine off the showroom floor instead of ordering, I got every option but that. IMHO you'll have so much fun driving the car you will totally forget about the heated seats. As for the compass, I saw a digital one at, I think Auto Zone, that clips on to the rear view mirror. Or, just remember the sun rises in the east and sets in the west.
Old 3/16/07, 12:51 PM
Cobra R Member

yeah heated seats sure would be great today. My garage is kind of cold..I want to drive my baby again
Old 3/16/07, 03:40 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by RobK
At this point just walk away and find another dealer. I wouldn't worry about the incentives. I'm pretty sure they'll either extend them or even improve them. Either way, it's just not worth compromising because they screwed up. This is a HUGE reason why Ford is in the boat they're in. While they do have some decent dealers, it's more often than not that they're arrogant asses who don't have the first clue about customer service. I bought a '97 Cobra new for my wife. We literally went to 5 dealers before we found one that I trusted. One of the idiots actually tried to downsell us into an SVT Contour suggesting the Cobra was too much car for my wife. Forget about the fact that we drove onto the lot in my 600HP Z/28 complete with roll bar and fiberglass shells! Good luck!

I love your wife............j/k
Old 3/16/07, 03:52 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by tom281
I love your wife............j/k
Believe me, when I met her I KNEW I had to keep her. She grew up in the business. Her father was a mechanic/salesman and her mother was a title clerk. She used to hang out in the showroom after school. We are both driving instructors for a high performance driving school. We had a great time when she had the Cobra and I had the Z/28. When we were dating my neighbor loved how she used to hang out while I worked on cars. We're a match made in heaven!
Old 3/23/07, 04:23 AM

I'm so glad I got the comfort group. I searched on line and found the car I wanted, then had the local dealer make a "swap" with the other dealer. Got the exact car I wanted right away. You can view the window stickers on line and find what you want.
57 Heavy

Quick Reply: Car came in with something missing