2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Calling all '06 owners

Search this Thread

Old 8/6/05, 04:52 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After reading all (and I do mean ALL!) of the posts since May (when I found out I couldn't order an '05 from my favorite dealership), I've seen many interesting posts about things that didn't work quiet right and resulted in TSBs, or neat undocumented features that folks on this forum were happy and willing to share.

So I'll start this one off. Having heard that the active anti-theft feature to lower the windows when you unlock the doors was deactivated by Ford due to some problems, the first thing I'm going to do when I pick up my '06 is see if Ford figured out the problem and reactivated it.

Also, I'm not seeing any information in the '06 owner's manual (downloaded from Fleet Ford website) regarding the low tire pressure monitoring system that I thought was supposed to be mandatory in all passenger cars for '06. I seem to recall a thread that said this may have been changed to '07.

One last thing. I'm going to lower and raise that top a few times to ensure a good alignment before I drive away from the dealership.

So, what will you check out first on your new ride???
Old 8/6/05, 05:10 AM
Team Mustang Source

The accelerator....and then the brakes! Seriously I'll probably check the paint, both the color and the finish, then the interior for fit and finish. I'll take a serious look at the tires and see if I can live with the 235's or not. Then I'll start 'er up and take her out to check for any throttle lag (without redlining), and then try to properly break in my brakes. I'll check for any rear gear whine. Then I'll just listen to the beautiful exhaust note for the rest of the way home (already have SLP's on the way though). Once in the garage, I'll put the Shaker 500 through its paces, trying to get a clean punchy tone out of it and check out how it handles MP3's. Flip through all the MyColors and message center info, check out my glove box candy, and by then I'll probably be ready to take her out for another spin!

Oh yeah - I'll give Teri a call in San Diego to let her know the car arrived fine and I'm pleased as punch.

Great idea for a post. Helps while waiting for my VIN...
Old 8/6/05, 07:11 AM
Bullitt Member

Is the beauty of having it in person. But I would like to see if the global windows was fixed.
Old 8/6/05, 07:30 AM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
I'll head directly to the muffler shop and get the Borlas on. Then I'll go hunting for a friendly police cruiser and drive behind him for a while. They just love it when they look in the rear view mirror and I give them the thumbs up.

Old 8/6/05, 08:26 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 123 Likes on 90 Posts
The first thing I will do is - try NOT to pee on myself!

I will give the car a good once-over, with a knowledge of the problems mentioned on the boards here, as well as a nod to the 2005 TSB's.
Old 8/6/05, 09:21 AM
Mach 1 Member

After the standard "once over," I look forward to chirping the tires on the way out of the dealership.
Old 8/6/05, 11:38 AM
V6 Member

First, I will open the door and sit down in the drivers seat. I've never sat in one before. Then we'll go from there...
Old 8/6/05, 11:52 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Wildstang@August 6, 2005, 11:41 AM
First, I will open the door and sit down in the drivers seat. I've never sat in one before. Then we'll go from there...
Old 8/6/05, 12:01 PM
AMG
V6 Member

Since I'm picking this car up from Karpro's upstate NY dealership in January, the first thing I'll do is start the car up and put the HEATER ON!!! I'll be coming from South Florida, ya know!
Old 8/6/05, 12:34 PM
Bullitt Member

probably cry.........seriously
Old 8/6/05, 01:39 PM
GT Member

I will try the vert top first. Hopefully it will be sunny the day I get it (who knows when that will be). Then I'll open the hood, check out the engine and do a inspection of the exterior of the car. I'll get in the car and check out the IUP and make sure there are no flaws in the interior. After everything is ok, i'll take off to my friends' houses and show them my new car.
Old 8/6/05, 02:19 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Check the top,interior, paint,engine
Old 8/6/05, 02:33 PM
Bullitt Member

I wonder who on this board will get their 06 first. I'm in C/U limbo.
Old 8/6/05, 02:58 PM
GT Member

Look it over real good, get in and scream WOO-HOO!

Old 8/6/05, 03:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by cyoon@August 6, 2005, 2:36 PM
I wonder who on this board will get their 06 first. I'm in C/U limbo.
I know I won't be first, but hopefully I won't be far behind! If no quality holds, those built the week of the 8th might see their Stang by the end of the month! I'd be very happy with that or the first week in Sept.
Old 8/6/05, 03:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by FireDragon@August 6, 2005, 5:41 PM
I know I won't be first, but hopefully I won't be far behind! If no quality holds, those built the week of the 8th might see their Stang by the end of the month! I'd be very happy with that or the first week in Sept.
That's my hope too!!!
Old 8/6/05, 07:53 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
So is the global window feature still included in the '06 owner's manual?

AMG Tell Karpro I said hi... since I haven't heard from him since our deal was completed.
Old 8/6/05, 08:31 PM
AMG
V6 Member

Originally posted by StangNut@August 6, 2005, 9:56 PM
So is the global window feature still included in the '06 owner's manual?

AMG Tell Karpro I said hi... since I haven't heard from him since our deal was completed.
Will do, Jason...speaking of which...where is Karpro??? I haven't seen him on these forums for a while. I'm hoping he posts the commodities percentages for his region like he did last year during "IUP-gate."
Old 8/7/05, 08:00 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
a step by step

1. Dealer calls - "your car is in"
Me - **** my self

2. Go to dealer - Almost cause 3 accidents getting there

3. At dealer ship - Flip out for 10 seconds then go over the car in and out like the **** person that I am

4. Still at dealer - pray that the differential whine noise is a GT thing and start it up and test drive (seriously how big of a problem is this?)

5. still at dealer - If all OK sign paper work order date for racing stripe installation and pick up extended warranty

6. drive it till the tak is empty for the rest of the day.

On a side note you guys all seem more informed then I do how do you know your build dates? is there some phone number you can call to get it and your VIN or is this something your dealer is supposed to do?
Old 8/7/05, 10:11 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Dusty1@August 6, 2005, 5:55 AM
After reading all (and I do mean ALL!) of the posts since May (when I found out I couldn't order an '05 from my favorite dealership), I've seen many interesting posts about things that didn't work quiet right and resulted in TSBs, or neat undocumented features that folks on this forum were happy and willing to share.

So I'll start this one off. Having heard that the active anti-theft feature to lower the windows when you unlock the doors was deactivated by Ford due to some problems, the first thing I'm going to do when I pick up my '06 is see if Ford figured out the problem and reactivated it.

Also, I'm not seeing any information in the '06 owner's manual (downloaded from Fleet Ford website) regarding the low tire pressure monitoring system that I thought was supposed to be mandatory in all passenger cars for '06. I seem to recall a thread that said this may have been changed to '07.

One last thing. I'm going to lower and raise that top a few times to ensure a good alignment before I drive away from the dealership.

So, what will you check out first on your new ride???

Quick Reply: Calling all '06 owners