2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

California Edition Mustang V6

Search this Thread

Old 3/12/06, 11:35 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

Has anyone in California seen the commercial for a Special Edition Mustang? It's basically a V6 Pony Package with 9" stripes, chrome exhaust tip and a fake gas cap with "CE" instead of the pony logo. Aside from that, I don't know what's special about it.
Old 3/12/06, 11:55 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
It sounds like a dealer package to me.
Old 3/12/06, 12:01 PM
MSP
Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(areaseven @ March 12, 2006, 10:38 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Has anyone in California seen the commercial for a Special Edition Mustang? It's basically a V6 Pony Package with 9" stripes, chrome exhaust tip and a fake gas cap with "CE" instead of the pony logo. Aside from that, I don't know what's special about it.
[/b][/quote]

The Ford dealer in my Area sells V6's with Supercharger installed by the dealer.. Its either a PowerDyne, or a Procharger.. Not exactly sure..

However, should they decide to add a Supercharger to a California Edition V6, expect the Mustang world to go nuts!!

I'll stop by the dealer and find out which Supercharging system they used for V6's..

Keep in mind, they are asking $34000 for these V6's.. Only because they are faster than the Roush Mustangs they have.. The Roushes look better, but the V6's are much faster..
Old 3/12/06, 12:33 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(areaseven @ March 12, 2006, 12:38 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]

They are numbered additions with a plate on the dash. I have seen several in my area and look pretty good for a V6 addition in my opinion.
Old 3/12/06, 01:35 PM
Team Mustang Source

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(areaseven @ March 12, 2006, 10:38 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]

They had the same basic thing last year around the San Diego area and it was called an SDS (San Diego Specail, only 250 "made") mustang. Basically trying to dump off the last of the V6's before the new model year
Old 3/13/06, 09:27 AM
Cobra Member

There are some regional special editions being made, one of the local dealerships showed me a Ford color brochure for one here they are calling the "Texas Roundup" or something like that. It's basically a V6 Pony Package with stripes installed, and a numbered plaque. I don't see these having much value as a special edition since they are local, but I was surprised to see they were legitimate Ford editions and not a dealer package.

==The Ford dealer in my Area sells V6's with Supercharger installed by the dealer.. Its either a PowerDyne, or a Procharger.. Not exactly sure.. ==

Are you in CO? Is O'meara Ford the one you're talking about?

http://www.omearaford.com/bling/perfomance.html

This is the Dashworks Powerdyne system, I ran across the above link when I was trying to find info on that SC. Actually that was ALL I could find on it, there's precious little info available on that particular system.