2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Bumped to 2006

Search this Thread

Old 5/13/05, 12:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm going to pull an altoid and call this the all-time "woe-is-me" thread. Don't bother flaming because I won't look at this one again.
Old 5/13/05, 02:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

Well if you arent going to read it and just want to make fun of the people who posted something why did you read it or post about it in the first place??! They are upset and maybe by venting on here to people who understand it helps them feel better. Of course since you are apparently getting your vehicle you have no idea what it feels like.
Old 5/13/05, 02:41 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by Stadifer@May 13, 2005, 12:48 PM
I'm going to pull an altoid and call this the all-time "woe-is-me" thread. Don't bother flaming because I won't look at this one again.
I think that there is more then just oh gosh how my life stinks cause I wont have my mustang thread. When I posted here I was mearly venting but now I see that it might provide either solace or an outside shot at a solution that would have me driving this summer. So I dont think its fair to say that this is a "woe-is-me" thread. I think this and others like it do serve a purpose however of little consiquence to you it is.
Old 5/13/05, 04:21 PM

Yeah, if you want a Mustang why wait 6 months? There are plenty of GTs avalable at MSRP is warmer climes. They'll do all the paperwork without you being there and ship it to you, probably for less than the dealer markups up north. Seems pretty simple to me
Old 5/13/05, 05:12 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by Edbert@May 13, 2005, 4:24 PM
Yeah, if you want a Mustang why wait 6 months? There are plenty of GTs avalable at MSRP is warmer climes. They'll do all the paperwork without you being there and ship it to you, probably for less than the dealer markups up north. Seems pretty simple to me
What warmer climates might those be? The GTs are pretty much sold out down here in AZ. I'd be willing to fly in and drive home for the right car. You can still find GT verts, but all that I have found are coming in at $3-$5K over MSRP. The only GT coupe in the state that my dealer was able to find (granted I am not sure how hard he was looking) was a GT Deluxe Auto that he could sell to me for $30K. My dealer stated they are buying GTs from dealers out of state for $1K over MSRP.
Old 5/16/05, 08:17 AM

Originally posted by beneman@May 13, 2005, 6:15 PM
What warmer climates might those be? The GTs are pretty much sold out down here in AZ. I'd be willing to fly in and drive home for the right car. You can still find GT verts, but all that I have found are coming in at $3-$5K over MSRP. The only GT coupe in the state that my dealer was able to find (granted I am not sure how hard he was looking) was a GT Deluxe Auto that he could sell to me for $30K. My dealer stated they are buying GTs from dealers out of state for $1K over MSRP.
Hey Beneman.
I called Yeoman Ford (john Hayden) and Got my car serialized the same day i ordered. May 12. I had been on wait for 3 months at another dealer. they are in Daytona Fl and have no markups and will drop ship to your closest dealer.
Old 5/16/05, 11:09 AM

Here's a red one about 4 miles from my house...

http://www.machaikfordlincolnmercury.com/p...remium&count=20

Call them and ask if they'll sell it at sticker or not, if they say no then email me and I'll have my sales guy give you a call.
Old 5/16/05, 11:13 AM

Here's a pair of GT verts about 15 miles from my house...

http://www.covertford-hutto.com/pages/pres...remium&count=20

But I don't personally know a sales guy there.
Old 5/16/05, 11:53 AM
V6 Member

Pardon my ignorance(and lack of spelling ability) but what is drop shipping exactly? Does that mean that they will just have the car delivered from Detroit to a dealer of my choice? or that they will receive it and send it out? Also just my 2 pennies but its not cool at all to allowe multiple cars in stock in one corner of the US and be 6 months backordered in another.
Old 5/16/05, 01:30 PM

Yes you are right.
They will order and have it shipped to your dealer straight from Detroit.
I am sure the dealer that recieves the car will want something in return (Fee)

as far as your other question. Ford gave tons of allocations to the sun belt states like Florida , California etc because they sell more. they were suppose to give more allocations to the snow belt states but i have yet to hear of big dealerships getting them