2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Bumped to 2006

Search this Thread

Old 5/7/05, 02:02 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

So Here is my sad story…. I have posted here with stuff before including the fact that I ordered and things as such. Well today I post because I stopped by the dealership and I have been bumped all the way to a 2006 :bang: :bang: :bang: . Well that royally stinks, do I want to drive an entire summer in a Jeep and just in time for winter get my stang? I don’t think so. :nono:

This makes me very upset and almost wanting to go to the Infinity dealership, and get a darn G35 or something :shock: . The part that ticks me off is the guy has 3 GTs in stock that aren’t sold… so it seems that he is making sure his orders for stock come in first and other orders are bumped.

He did have a black GT with the IUP and standard wheels (which is my main concern) so maybe I’ll go back and talk about that thing, but still this is really frustrating that the shortest possible wait I could have is march 7 through September(which is unlikely that I will get one of the first ones so most likely even Oct/Nov.

What do you guys think? Sit quietly or maybe try to find one in stock somewhere? or should I wait so I can get my exact options that I want?
Old 5/7/05, 02:10 PM
Bullitt Member

Do whatever will make you happy. If you really want a car now and can't wait either search the countries' inventories for something close to what you are looking for, make some sacrifices to the options you are going for, or go about test driving some other cars out there.

You just gotta go with the flow.
Old 5/7/05, 02:14 PM
V6 Member

Speaking of searching other inventory... How would one widen the search? it seems I always get closest match within 10 miles. What I would want is say closest match in a 100 Mile radius? I have no problem taking a leasurly drive on mothers day... I am sure my mom will understand
Old 5/7/05, 02:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

Sorry to hear your news. I might be in the same boat soon; I'm trying to believe that the tire pressure sensor in the 06 would be really really COOL, and that it will make up the painful wait. :bang:

Don't get the G35 rebound love hurts everyone.
Old 5/7/05, 02:43 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You will get use to it. I expected my car to arrive last summer, but it didn't. I drove my Jeep until the end of November and then got my stang. The next day we got 6 inches of snow and it just finished snowing last week around here. I drove the stang all winter but now I really get to enjoy it.
Old 5/7/05, 04:16 PM
Bullitt Member

To change your search you essentially have to back out of the ford.com search function and enter a different zip code. So just google for an address in cleveland, grab the zip, and pop it in. Then it will do a search for surrounding fords in that area. Obviously, rinse and repeat.
Old 5/7/05, 10:42 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by gshub77@May 7, 2005, 11:05 PM
So Here is my sad story…. I have posted here with stuff before including the fact that I ordered and things as such. Well today I post because I stopped by the dealership and I have been bumped all the way to a 2006 :bang: :bang: :bang: . Well that royally stinks, do I want to drive an entire summer in a Jeep and just in time for winter get my stang? I don’t think so. :nono:

This makes me very upset and almost wanting to go to the Infinity dealership, and get a darn G35 or something :shock: . The part that ticks me off is the guy has 3 GTs in stock that aren’t sold… so it seems that he is making sure his orders for stock come in first and other orders are bumped.

He did have a black GT with the IUP and standard wheels (which is my main concern) so maybe I’ll go back and talk about that thing, but still this is really frustrating that the shortest possible wait I could have is march 7 through September(which is unlikely that I will get one of the first ones so most likely even Oct/Nov.

What do you guys think? Sit quietly or maybe try to find one in stock somewhere? or should I wait so I can get my exact options that I want?
I am Robert Ehrbar, the Internet Manager at Beasley Ford. I am contacting you because yo
recently made an Internet inquiry on a 2005 Ford Mustang. As you are aware, we have had a problem with getting any stock of the 2005 Mustang GT's.

I have some good news......... We had a special order that came in for a customer, who had a deposit on the vehicle, but unfortunately when it came in, he had to cancel his order.

Due to this, I now have ONE MUSTANG GT - IN-STOCK, available now.!

I am informing everybody who had inquired on a 2005 Mustang in the past, to have a chance
on this car. Our manager will accept the first $29,500 + Tax and License.

If you are interested, CONTACT ME IMMEDIATELY at 717-755-2911, x1224. I don't expect this car to still be here at the end of the day.

We have listed this Mustang GT on EBAY, here is the link with pictures:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...4548575346&rd=1

I will be happy to provide you any other information on equipment options, financing,
or anything else that you might need.

I am sorry for the short notice, but the decision to sell it to the first $29,500, was just made today. Please contact me if I can help in any way. You can call me at (717) 755-2911, extension 1224,
or just reply to this e-mail.

If you'd like to take a virtual tour of our inventory,
please visit us at www.beasleyford.com

Thank you,

Robert Ehrbar
Internet Manager
Carl Beasley Ford, Inc.
717-755-2911, extension 1224.
Old 5/7/05, 11:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by army_eod+May 7, 2005, 10:45 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(army_eod @ May 7, 2005, 10:45 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-gshub77@May 7, 2005, 11:05 PM

I am Robert Ehrbar, the Internet Manager at Beasley Ford. I am contacting you because yo
recently made an Internet inquiry on a 2005 Ford Mustang. As you are aware, we have had a problem with getting any stock of the 2005 Mustang GT's.

I have some good news......... We had a special order that came in for a customer, who had a deposit on the vehicle, but unfortunately when it came in, he had to cancel his order.

Due to this, I now have ONE MUSTANG GT - IN-STOCK, available now.!

I am informing everybody who had inquired on a 2005 Mustang in the past, to have a chance
on this car. Our manager will accept the first $29,500 + Tax and License.

If you are interested, CONTACT ME IMMEDIATELY at 717-755-2911, x1224. I don't expect this car to still be here at the end of the day.

We have listed this Mustang GT on EBAY, here is the link with pictures:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...4548575346&rd=1

I will be happy to provide you any other information on equipment options, financing,
or anything else that you might need.

I am sorry for the short notice, but the decision to sell it to the first $29,500, was just made today. Please contact me if I can help in any way. You can call me at (717) 755-2911, extension 1224,
or just reply to this e-mail.

If you'd like to take a virtual tour of our inventory,
please visit us at www.beasleyford.com

Thank you,

Robert Ehrbar
Internet Manager
Carl Beasley Ford, Inc.
717-755-2911, extension 1224.
[/b][/quote]

If I didn't have mine already, that s**ker would be sold!!
Old 5/8/05, 11:10 AM
Mach 1 Member

There's an identical GT sitting in the showroom of a local dealer here in Victoria. (www.suburbanmotors.com) If I wasn't already driving my black one, it would be mine!
Old 5/9/05, 07:57 PM

Since I called my dealer today and they told me it wasn't happening til 06, I decided to cancel. They are giving me my deposit back. Now, its time to wait for the 07 Cobra to come out. Already been talking to dealers in the area, and now look forward to this purchase. Gives me more time to save for the Down payment on the Cobra instead. Oh well.
Old 5/9/05, 08:52 PM

Kinda hard to imagine, maybe it is a norhtern thing

I bought mine on 2-5-05 and the dealer had 6 different unsold GTs on the lot and probably twice that many 4.0s. I bought the first GT I could find for sale for actual sticker, on mine it was $25,418.
Old 5/9/05, 09:23 PM

yea, when the dealer told me 12 weeks, I was psyched. This was back in Mid Jan. Sooo, when 12 weeks came and went,The dealer did somewhat admirably apologize for the long wait. And when another month passed, I called, to see whats up, he said, looks like an 06, I made a decision to wait for the cobra.
Old 5/10/05, 08:21 AM
FR500 Member

This makes me very upset and almost wanting to go to the Infinity dealership, and get a darn G35 or something
that's what I would do
Old 5/10/05, 08:29 AM
Bullitt Member

Hey, that's my car! Well, almost. I have the exact same car except I have the automatic. They must have tacked on about $2,500 above MSRP b/c mine was right at $28,000 with an automatic (extra $995). I split the difference b/t invoice and MSRP and got mine for $26,800.
Old 5/10/05, 09:53 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by Edbert@May 9, 2005, 8:55 PM
Kinda hard to imagine, maybe it is a norhtern thing

I bought mine on 2-5-05 and the dealer had 6 different unsold GTs on the lot and probably twice that many 4.0s. I bought the first GT I could find for sale for actual sticker, on mine it was $25,418.

Yes, it is a northern thing. We still can't get GTs - they are very scarce on dealer lots and what ones they have are marked up - anywhere from $3K to $13K over sticker.
I'm hearing that it's getting better, but I still don't have a date for my GT......

Brad
Old 5/10/05, 10:10 AM
Mach 1 Member

Well good luck to all of you still waiting to be scheduled, I was in the same boat till last week, my GT was scheduled to be built the week of may 30th, what a releif, if you still have youre order in Ford will be building these cars through Aug 05, there still may be a chance that you will be scheduled, especially if you had ordered in Jan or early Feb, anyway good luck to you all !

Old 5/10/05, 05:01 PM
Bullitt Member

I'm in the NO 05 GONNA BE A 06 club. If my car was pulled in July I'd rather just get a 06 at that point anyhow. I waited 7 Months for my 97 C5 (when I was 21) so now I'm 29 and can wait for this - not the end of the world (but when I was 21 it was).

Black with Fanblades!!! It's gonna be sweet!!!
Old 5/11/05, 01:40 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by gshub77@May 7, 2005, 2:05 PM

I think I accidentally got your car, arrive a week ago, still sitting on dealer lot UNPREPPED!
Many have suggested I buy it and sell it and reorder a new one next year...interested?
Old 5/13/05, 10:44 AM

Pft -- I hate Ford for putting me thru the emotional roller coaster -- I gotta order a 2006 GT as well -- I found out last week for sure --

If you are a ford dealer marking up GT models, you should rot in heck!!!
Old 5/13/05, 12:37 PM

I am sure this has been said in here before but Man I love Yeoman Ford in Daytona.
I had a previous order in MI but it was stuck in C and U so i called and ordered another from Yeoman yetserday 5-12 and was serialized lastnight 5-12.
They sell at msrp. Some of you guys who really want one this summer should call them. www.garyyeaomansford.com

Quick Reply: Bumped to 2006