2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Bullitt Wheels on Mineral Gray '05

Search this Thread

Old 8/5/04, 09:23 PM
FR500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I ordered my '05 in mineral gray and just got the bullitt wheels. Partly because I really like the wheels, but also because if I ever want to upgrade, I'd rather go aftermarket than pay extra for the upgraded machined wheels. My queston though is if the painted gray bullitt wheels are going to clash with the mineral gray color of my Mustang. They are similar colors, but so close that it is going to be obvious that they are different and may not look right. My question is what about painting the wheels (only the part that is painted gray- not the chrome outside rim) mineral gray to match the car. How hard would that be, and any ideas on cost?
Old 8/6/04, 12:06 AM
Bullitt Member

I would suggest not to get any aftermarket wheels untill the '05's ET values are known. They just might be different fron the SN95 and you would end up with nice wheels that don't fit.

Personally I'd go for all chrome. I don't like dark wheels, but like I said that's personal. Love Mineral Grey btw.
Old 8/6/04, 08:14 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by acadian@August 5, 2004, 9:26 PM
I ordered my '05 in mineral gray and just got the bullitt wheels. Partly because I really like the wheels, but also because if I ever want to upgrade, I'd rather go aftermarket than pay extra for the upgraded machined wheels. My queston though is if the painted gray bullitt wheels are going to clash with the mineral gray color of my Mustang. They are similar colors, but so close that it is going to be obvious that they are different and may not look right. My question is what about painting the wheels (only the part that is painted gray- not the chrome outside rim) mineral gray to match the car. How hard would that be, and any ideas on cost?
We ordered the exact same car and I ordered the bullitt wheels for the exact same reasons you did, to upgrade later while not paying the extra cost for the machined....plus I like the bullitts!
Old 8/6/04, 09:29 AM
FR500 Member

Yeah, I just love the mineral gray color. And I like the bullit wheels. I might decide to just keep them. I'm not too much a wheel guy, although the 18's would be nice... I'd rather spend that money somewhere else in the car. But, I am worried about the two different grays- the mineral gray, and the plain gray on the wheels- clashing. Like in this pic...
Old 8/6/04, 09:41 AM
Bullitt Member

Do you like the Torque Thrust IIs? I saw some of those on a chop and they looked pretty sweet. I might be leaning towards those for 18's. But I also want to put my money towards exhaust, suspension and engine mods. I'm more of a drag racer at heart so...I just have do the mods!
Old 8/6/04, 09:46 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by dallasw77+August 6, 2004, 8:17 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dallasw77 @ August 6, 2004, 8:17 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-acadian@August 5, 2004, 9:26 PM
We ordered the exact same car and I ordered the bullitt wheels for the exact same reasons you did, to upgrade later while not paying the extra cost for the machined....plus I like the bullitts! [/b][/quote]
My plan is to order a '05 mineral grey GT 'vert with the grey bullets. Since 18's are not an option at this time, I'd rather have the stockers than pay roughly a grand for the polished 17's and maybe upgrade to larger wheels later.

Any comments on how a '05 mineral grey GT 'vert will look with the red leather interior?
Old 8/6/04, 11:02 AM
Mach 1 Member

I ordered my '05 GT with the standard (Bullitt) wheels and Mineral Grey paint.

To me, the gray's are close enough. I'll shred these tires, and if there aren't the right wheels in 18- or 19-inch out yet (that people have tried, and proven to perform as well as they look), then I'll throw some 245's on the stock wheels and shred them. Continue until I find some 18's or so that perform well and look great.

Don't think too much about this... have some fun!