2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Build date! Wooo-hoooo!

Search this Thread

Old 11/19/04 | 12:44 PM
Big Falken Tires

Just heard from my brother and I just found out my build date is 12/6 - yeeehaa!!

I think my order went in on 11/4. Getting a kick out of the fact that my GT will be 'born' the week after my own birthday.

If things go well, I should have one heck of a Christmas present for myself..... ooooohhh man I cannot wait.....

And what's going to make the short wait harder though..... my brother and sister-in-law are driving up to a dealership near Orlando to go get her Redfire GT this weekend - just found out it was rolled off the train this morning and hit the dealership mid day - apparently, the dealership there screwed up their Mustang orders months back and so far, have only had ONE come through. So when they rolled her Redfire off the truck, the salesmen swarmed around and all wanted to drive it!! But our salesman snatched the keys and put it in 'solitary' till the go to pick it up tomorrow. Best thing is, they are taking my brother's F150 up there (3 hours + drive) towing his enclosed trailer (that he uses for his drag car - ironically enough, nicknamed Bullitt since its a green Stang...) and her car will be shuttled back home here in enclosed comfort. B)

I can't wait till next month!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11/19/04 | 12:45 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Ditto, just got off the phone with me dealer and I have a build week as well. Congrats.
Old 11/19/04 | 01:05 PM
Team Mustang Source

Congrats man! Not to hijack your thread, but my order went to the plant on 10/25 and I still have nothing other than a DORA I hope to have mine by Christmas as well.
Old 11/19/04 | 01:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

I don't mean to rain on your parade but I highly doubt you'll see your car before the New Year! B)
Old 11/19/04 | 02:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

Just got my build date today also. The week of 11/22.
ordered mine on 10/02. Hopeing to get it the first week of December.
It has a really high Vin # last five are 22962.
Anyone know how many they have built yet?

PS Mine does have the IUP and rear spoiler.
Old 11/19/04 | 02:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by SC67Stang@November 19, 2004, 3:39 PM
Just got my build date today also. The week of 11/22.
ordered mine on 10/02. Hopeing to get it the first week of December.
It has a really high Vin # last five are 22962.
Anyone know how many they have built yet?

PS Mine does have the IUP and rear spoiler.
VIN has no practically bearing on number of cars built. They don't build the in VIN order.

Jason
Old 11/19/04 | 02:55 PM
Banned

Originally posted by incorrigible@November 19, 2004, 4:12 PM
I don't mean to rain on your parade but I highly doubt you'll see your car before the New Year! B)
You are incorrect. You can expect your car two weeks after the build week.
Old 11/19/04 | 02:56 PM
Cobra R Member

Congrats Dave..... I ordered on Nov. 1st, so hopefully I find out something today! Mine is a GT.....and from what I'm hearing, the spoiler deletes are priority due to lack of spoilers. Glad you got your build date......I'm going to go and check and see if I got mine as well.....
Old 11/19/04 | 03:32 PM
Bullitt Member

Welp, just called the Ford customer line, and luckily got a VERY nice lady on the phone who was more than happy to give me some info. My car is scheduled to start being built on 11/29 with a scheduled completed build on 12/6. If 2 weeks after that point to get it is accurate, it'll be exactly 8 weeks from when I got my VIN to when I get my car. B)
Old 11/19/04 | 05:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

Your going to have to give it more than two weeks, especially with the Holidays right around the corner! If two weeks was a firm time, I would have had my car last week! B)
Old 11/21/04 | 05:06 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Stubbies@November 19, 2004, 4:35 PM
Welp, just called the Ford customer line, and luckily got a VERY nice lady on the phone who was more than happy to give me some info. My car is scheduled to start being built on 11/29 with a scheduled completed build on 12/6. If 2 weeks after that point to get it is accurate, it'll be exactly 8 weeks from when I got my VIN to when I get my car. B)
What number did you call? And what info did you have to give? Also, i ordered on the 2nd and do not have a build date yet. How did you get yours?
Old 11/21/04 | 06:43 PM
V6 Member

What is the number for the customer line
Old 11/21/04 | 11:00 PM
Bullitt Member

1-800-392-3673

All I had to fess up was the VIN number, and she told me the build timeframe.

So it looks like this. Ordered Oct 15, e-mailed the fleet/internet sales manager I was dealing with and got my VIN 7 days after order. Called the number above 4 weeks after I got my VIN for my build date.
Old 11/22/04 | 06:13 AM
Big Falken Tires

Thanks for all the postive vibes!!

Man, if I couldn't wait for my new GT before, I don't know HOW I'll be able to do it now - I'm currently staying at my brother's place while I wait to move into my new apartment 1st week of January (can't tell you all the grief I went through trying to find the right place WITH AN ATTACHED GARAGE, 'cause I was bound and determined that my Pony would not be sleeping outside...).

Well Ed and Tina just got back from Orlando yesterday afternoon and rolled Tina's Redfire GT out of his enclosed trailer.......

I am telling you - pictures, even with as great as the ones I have seen on this site have been, do NOT do the thing justice - it is absolutely gorgeous. Flat out beautiful. I just kind of sat there staring at the darn thing. The car has a presence that as a Mustang fan, kind of grabs hold of you and WON'T let you go. I sat in it and just wanted to GO.

I took it for a quick trip around the block but didn't really do anything except repark it - being HER car, that she has barely had a chance to drive, the last thing I wanted to do was start pushing it any - it's her Pony, and I don't wanna mess with it.

Anyway, my brother confirmed for me that I should have mine before Christmas - it was ordered the same as my sister-in-laws - her build date was 11/8 and they picked it up 11/20 at the dealership. So if things hold the same, I should have my 'Dark Horse' right before Christmas.

Man, times like this, I can appreciate Florida - this time of year is beautiful driving weather.

Man - 30 + days..... I think I will lose my mind..... (that is, until I think about the people who have been waiting months and months and ordered early - like during the summer or something .... that calms me right down B) )

Heck of a way to start out the new year though - new ride, new crib....
Old 11/22/04 | 09:22 AM
Bullitt Member

And when did you order?
Old 11/22/04 | 09:51 AM
Big Falken Tires

My order was entered into the system 11/04.

[My brother handled all this through a relative who works for FORD - we didn't go through a specific dealership for the order - when my car is ready, it will be delivered to Belle Glade Ford - a dealership where they have a contact. I would have liked closer <it is north of where I am, maybe an hour and a half drive to go get it> but we know it will be handled right.]
Old 11/22/04 | 12:21 PM
Bullitt Member

Just off the phone with my dealer. He said my order was received on October 19, but has NOT been pulled YET! :angry: What in the world is taking so long???? He said the good news is the IUP hold has been removed so mine should be pulled this week. Mine is also the oldest and highest priority one in their system. The problem I have is I thought the IUP hold was only on the V6s ????? I ordered the V8. Is he lying to me? Why wouldnt my order have been pulled by now? My hopes of getting the car this year and dying....
Old 11/22/04 | 12:41 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Originally posted by porkster@November 22, 2004, 1:24 PM
Just off the phone with my dealer. He said my order was received on October 19, but has NOT been pulled YET! :angry: What in the world is taking so long???? He said the good news is the IUP hold has been removed so mine should be pulled this week. Mine is also the oldest and highest priority one in their system. The problem I have is I thought the IUP hold was only on the V6s ????? I ordered the V8. Is he lying to me? Why wouldnt my order have been pulled by now? My hopes of getting the car this year and dying....
IUP hold was on everything. Also may want to check your dealers allocation.
Old 11/23/04 | 05:05 AM
Bullitt Member

He told me a long time ago, his allocation was about 2 a week. My order should have been pulled by now, dont you think?

I see all these other folks who ordered about the same time as me (October 19 in the system) or later, and they have build dates already... not fair! Whats wrong with my dealer?
Old 11/23/04 | 05:51 AM
GT Member

Congrats Burke.. My order date was on 10/21 and I still have no news on my pony. So sad.... :cry:

Quick Reply: Build date! Wooo-hoooo!