2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Build Date and ETA Only 1 week apart?

Search this Thread

Old 3/2/05, 10:54 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I called Ford Customer Service today to check on my order status and the woman told me that my build date is showing for March 14 and my ETA is March 21st. That makes only a week difference between the two... is this the typical response everyone gets from customer service or is my ETA for some reason a lot sooner than it should be?

Thanks in advance
Old 3/3/05, 04:46 AM

My car was built the day before Thanksgiving. The dealer delivered it to my house on a Saturday - a week and a half later.

Would have been here sooner but for the holiday and a bad snow day, that shut down the car hauler company.

Ted B)
Old 3/3/05, 06:17 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by DanTheMans22@March 3, 2005, 12:57 AM
I called Ford Customer Service today to check on my order status and the woman told me that my build date is showing for March 14 and my ETA is March 21st. That makes only a week difference between the two... is this the typical response everyone gets from customer service or is my ETA for some reason a lot sooner than it should be?

Thanks in advance
Your build date is actually the build week. Call the computer lady, she will say something like "as of March 16th, your unit is scheduled to be built the week of 14 March". Note that the as of date will be a future date. Not proven, but if things go smoothly, the "as of" date often turns out to be the actual build date or close to it. That is how it worked for me and some others here (not all of course). The ETA is also a guess. Lots of stuff can happen to delay delivery. Good news is some guys in Canada that were built last week got their cars this week so it does happen. My ETA is Saturday so I know what you are going through. Almost home, good luck!
Old 3/3/05, 06:52 AM
Mach 1 Member

my salesman told me yesterday that he sees that my car is bucked now, and the ETA is Mar 14, so that's 12 days after the build day.
Old 3/3/05, 07:30 AM
FR500 Member

It's possible. Jessica Rabbit's car made it to Cali in 7 days!

Mine was built the same week as T-Bird Ted, and the same week as Jess....but I took delivery on Jan 12th.

Now that'll bake your noodle
Old 3/3/05, 07:38 AM
Mach 1 Member

Yup, mine was built Feb 23rd (a Wednesday), delivered (sadly in our snowstorm) on Feb 28th, a Monday. Only 4 business days. I was impressed!!!!!!

Good luck, you're comin down to the wire now.

Mark
Old 3/3/05, 07:44 AM
GT Member

Well when I use to call the evil robot lady, she'd say that as of Feb 17, my car will be built the week of March 14. Then yesterday when I tried to call the evil robot lady, after I'd tell her all my information and confirm with her that it was correct, instead of giving me a status it would just automatically send me to an analyst. So then I called the customer service line because that made me kind of nervous and she said that its still showing a build date for 3/14 and its showing an ETA of 3/21
Old 3/3/05, 10:11 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Original Sin@March 3, 2005, 9:41 AM
Yup, mine was built Feb 23rd (a Wednesday), delivered (sadly in our snowstorm) on Feb 28th, a Monday. Only 4 business days. I was impressed!!!!!!

Good luck, you're comin down to the wire now.

Mark
Hey Mark, you are the guy I was talking about! My car was built the same day and I just got ramp status today. What is worse, waiting and not having it or having it and not being able to drive it? Well at least you can sit in it and play with all the *****!
Old 3/3/05, 11:20 AM
Bullitt Member

Mine was built 2 weeks ago and today I hear that it is ready for loading onto a truck and may be delivered this week!!!
Old 3/3/05, 11:30 AM
She's Back and Strapped!

Wow, 5 days! Thats some record.

Yup, my girl went from MI to Cali, in 7 days. Its possible! Hang in there. The worst for me was mine showed up about 7-10 days early, and I hadnt sold my 99 yet. So, I had to do some scrambling, and get my stuff in order. She sat at the dealership over nite waiting for me! Longest night of my life I tell ya.
Old 3/5/05, 09:23 PM
Mach 1 Member

Hey Mark, you are the guy I was talking about! My car was built the same day and I just got ramp status today. What is worse, waiting and not having it or having it and not being able to drive it? Well at least you can sit in it and play with all the *****!
[/quote]

Hey Drew.....it was about even I'd guess. Homecoming was today though (finally) but sitting in the dealership for 6 days was awful (even though I did get to play with it). Hope the weather holds for ya, yours should be in in the next week I imagine.

Cheers buddy