2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

BLOOD PRESSURE

Search this Thread

Old 4/20/05, 04:52 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ordered on 1/14/2005 still c/u----just had 8 straight days of sunny beautiful weather in michigan--------people that ordered after me, up to like 5 weeks are taking delivery-----i feel like going michael douglas in falling down where they will not serve him breakfast at 11:31 because they stopped serving it at 11:30---anyone relate?

sorry just have to vent.............................as i am pi$$ed.................14+ weeks and counting
Old 4/20/05, 05:01 PM
GT Member

i am now thinking an acura TL w/the following:

The Acura A-SPEC kit is a complete dealer installed accessory package that addresses the demands of performance enthusiasts by providing enhanced handling, aggressive looks, quality and durability. The Acura TL A-SPEC kit includes a suspension package, 18-inch alloy wheels, high-performance brake pads for the automatic transmission model, an aero kit and a sport steering wheel.

The suspension package features track-tuned shocks and springs that lower the car approximately one inch.

The A-SPEC kit also includes 18-inch alloy wheels, which are shod with high performance AVS ES100 235/40VR18 95W Yokohama tires designed specifically for the TL A-SPEC kit.

While the 2005 TL with 6-speed manual transmission features powerful 4-piston Brembo® front brakes, the A-SPEC kit for automatic transmission-equipped models includes high-performance brake pads.

The package also comes equipped with an aero kit that includes either a deck lid or rear wing spoiler.

maybe just idle chatter---------------------but ford is driving me away----------------
Old 4/20/05, 05:04 PM
GT Member

Just go find a car similar to what you ordered at a dealership and pick it up, probably the safest thing to do at this point if you want an 05.
Old 4/20/05, 05:07 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally posted by Snikt@April 20, 2005, 5:07 PM
Just go find a car similar to what you ordered at a dealership and pick it up, probably the safest thing to do at this point if you want an 05.
Old 4/20/05, 05:10 PM
Cobra R Member

If your even thinking about a acura over the mustang,maybe you should cancel your mustang order and give it too someone else. :bang:
Old 4/20/05, 05:18 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by tom_vilsack@April 20, 2005, 5:13 PM
If your even thinking about a acura over the mustang,maybe you should cancel your mustang order and give it too someone else. :bang:

i am not thinking ACURA, its FORD that is forcing me into even considering other options-----to date, check my posts, i have been extrememly patient---however, today, I am blowing up, and rather then beat on the dealer I am venting here---

as to the jack-O that states just go and pick a similiar one off the lot
a.) you must be f'in joking
b.) i ordered a vehicle because i want specific options, at 15 weeks out i am not settling nor would you be happy waiting this long
c.) i promise not to female dog as long as they cease producing vehicles ordered after mine until mine is rolling down the line
Old 4/20/05, 05:23 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Draftin'@April 20, 2005, 5:21 PM
b.) i ordered a vehicle because i want specific options, at 15 weeks out i am not settling nor would you be happy waiting this long
c.) i promise not to female dog as long as they cease producing vehicles ordered after mine until mine is rolling down the line
Erm, why? You getting your name stitched into the seats? Seems like common sense to me?
Old 4/20/05, 05:26 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by celticstanger+April 20, 2005, 5:26 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(celticstanger @ April 20, 2005, 5:26 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Draftin'@April 20, 2005, 5:21 PM
Erm, why? You getting your name stitched into the seats? Seems like common sense to me?
[/b][/quote]

i challenge anyone to find me a satin silver metallic convertible, black top, shaker 1000, bullits, charcoal interior w/spoiler delete that i can get at A-plan and i will pay the extra fee to ship it to Michigan-------------as well as deliver stefani naked in the front seat----------
Old 4/20/05, 05:26 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by celticstanger+April 20, 2005, 5:26 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(celticstanger @ April 20, 2005, 5:26 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Draftin'@April 20, 2005, 5:21 PM
[/b][/quote]

i challenge anyone to find me a satin silver metallic convertible, black top, shaker 1000, bullits, IUP, charcoal interior w/spoiler delete that i can get at A-plan and i will pay the extra fee to ship it to Michigan-------------as well as deliver stefani naked in the front seat----------
Old 4/20/05, 05:27 PM
Bullitt Member

Old 4/20/05, 05:28 PM
Cobra Member

i have been waiting sice 11/23/04 alot longer than you ..if you want your 05 there is nothing you can do but wait...or go buy off the lot..
Old 4/20/05, 05:29 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by WERKED 66@April 20, 2005, 5:31 PM
i have been waiting sice 11/23/04 alot longer than you ..if you want your 05 there is nothing you can do but wait...or go buy off the lot..
that is a license to go postal for sure, you are a patient man (or woman)--------if you didn't order a convertible that is ludicrous, although it is ludicrous still even if you ordered a coupe---- :nono:
Old 4/20/05, 05:33 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Draftin'@April 20, 2005, 5:21 PM

-------------as well as deliver stefani naked in the front seat----------
Please just take pictures!!!!
Old 4/20/05, 05:41 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by KansasCityTim+April 20, 2005, 5:36 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KansasCityTim @ April 20, 2005, 5:36 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Draftin'@April 20, 2005, 5:21 PM

-------------as well as deliver stefani naked in the front seat----------
Please just take pictures!!!!
[/b][/quote]

lol------well, if they do not get their act in gear it may have to lucy lui 'cause i am buying japanese!
Old 4/20/05, 05:58 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I recently raced my buddies TL, not even a challenge. Kept up with and passed him with no prob at all. Don't get me wrong, the TL is a very nice car, but it's in a completely different class. Not a better or worse class, just different. (sports muscle vs sport luxury)
Old 4/20/05, 06:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

Where are you at Draftin?

I know that I've looked within a 100 mile radius of the West Michigan area and there is nothing.

Not sure about the Ann Arbor Detroit area or even north.

Good luck. I'll keep my eyes peeled for anything around the GR area.
Old 4/20/05, 07:00 PM
V6 Member

Draftin'

Not sure how you are getting a-plan pricing, but if you work for the dealership this may not be the case, if you have a a-plan number and just picked this dealership this might be the case:

I have heard of this happening before. They might be pushing your order back and back and back, because they are going to make nothing off of you but lots of $$$ of MSRP customers. They may not be telling you that. I'm not sure where your order is at the moment so I could be off base.

Thought I'd toss that out there.
Old 4/20/05, 07:17 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by Lirathal@April 20, 2005, 7:03 PM
Draftin'

Not sure how you are getting a-plan pricing, but if you work for the dealership this may not be the case, if you have a a-plan number and just picked this dealership this might be the case:

I have heard of this happening before. They might be pushing your order back and back and back, because they are going to make nothing off of you but lots of $$$ of MSRP customers. They may not be telling you that. I'm not sure where your order is at the moment so I could be off base.

Thought I'd toss that out there.

thanks all---i am in the detroit metro area---i have kept close tabs on my order, have priority 10 and know the owners son through a mutual friend (i hope he is keeping my best intersts at heart and at this point i believe it)--i was #6 in line and I am now #5 and i know #2 is taking delivery within a week (phattmatt04), therefore i am currently #4 in line---

it really stinks that i ordered this vehicle over 3 1/2 months ago and was really certain i'd take delivery before my wedding date(may 7)---now i am resigned to the fact that wish is all sot to heck---an 06' model is bullshiat as that will put me at 7+ months from order to delivery, not too mention no price protection--that happens, i will be raising heck until i get compensation in the form of concessions, ESP, oil changes that make up my january 05' pricing----

i know the TL is not in the same class, but being 32, maybe sport luxury is the way i go for a year and 1/2 until i order the 07' shelby that will get delivered i am sure as an 09'
Old 4/20/05, 07:18 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by ponyboy66@April 20, 2005, 6:38 PM
Where are you at Draftin?

I know that I've looked within a 100 mile radius of the West Michigan area and there is nothing.

Not sure about the Ann Arbor Detroit area or even north.

Good luck. I'll keep my eyes peeled for anything around the GR area.

thanks pb66

i actually live in westland, mi outside detroit---currently ordered through pat milliken
Old 4/20/05, 08:13 PM
GT Member

did i mention i am pi$$ed off and bitter about every person currently taking delivery(seriously though congrats, i am sure you've all waited)

Quick Reply: BLOOD PRESSURE