2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Black vs Windveil Blue

Search this Thread

Old 5/2/05, 09:21 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Black is beautiful and my favorite color!!! I wanted to get it very bad and went with satin silver instead of which I am so glad I did. However, be prepared to go nuts over cleaning it. Also be prepared after about 6 months to get permanent swirl marks that are there for good. You wash your car and it will still look filthy when the sun is on it. I would go with the windveil blue with silver/grey stripes. Its a great color and not many have it. I would not go with gold stripes because they seem to clash with the silver wheels no matter what color your car is. Also isnt gold like way out of style. Just my opinion. Good luck on your purchase.
Old 5/2/05, 10:05 AM

Originally posted by Trigger641/2+May 2, 2005, 7:42 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Trigger641/2 @ May 2, 2005, 7:42 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-mustangshadow@May 1, 2005, 8:56 PM
in my best Forest Gump voice

"and thats all I got to say bout that"
Shadow, you tint looks sweet. What % is it ?
[/b][/quote]
tint is 20% all the way around including a front strip on the windshield
Old 5/2/05, 10:30 AM
Mach 1 Member

I would go with Windveil Blue. It was my second choice behind Redfire (which is what I own). I've seen a couple of Windveil '05s on the road, and IMO the color looks great.

I've had two black cars in the past. The two problems that I have with black vehicles are:
1- They are tough to keep clean - which others have mentioned.
2- IMO they tend to hide the lines of the car. For instance I don't see the depth of the "hockey stick" indendation in the door panels on black '05s that I have seen.

Good luck in your decision. Either way you'll have a great looking car.
Old 5/2/05, 10:46 AM
Mach 1 Member

The w/b is great, my second choice, first being sonic blue, get blue man ! black is way to ordinary !
Old 5/2/05, 12:17 PM
Bullitt Member

I saw my first Windveil Blue GT on the road today... It was absolutely stunning ! WB shows less dirt and swirl marks too! Its probably easier to manage. Im not dissing black either.. an all-time classic color that takes more management, a well maintaned Black GT is a jaw dropper!
Old 5/2/05, 01:31 PM
V6 Member

Hey HOTLAP thanks for the compliment.No I didn't lower the car yet.I think it looks that way because of the wheels I put on her.I bought some new Ford Cobra R's
17x9's and put on Nitto N450's 275/50-17 tires.The wheel offset pushes out the front tires even with the wheel well opening and the rears are about a1/4 in past.But I fixed that by using the Ford molded Splash Guards with a black car hardly notice the guards.
Old 5/2/05, 02:19 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by mustang_78@May 1, 2005, 6:52 PM
Black or Windveil Blue? I'm pretty torn about it. Black is classic, timeless. But Windveil Blue is really, really nice...very eye-catching if you ask me.

If I go black, I'll probably get the white side panel stripe. If I go Windveil, I'll possibly go with the pear gold side panel stripe.

Just looking for opinions. What do you guys think?
Blackkk......never again. My last car was black. Wash it on a nice sunny day(you'll be inclined to do that A LOT) and it'll stay clean for 15 minutes and then you'll see dust on it. After about 1 year the clear coat will start getting swirl marks,small scratches etc. The remedy is to use a clay bar every 6 months or so. Bear in mind you are slowly shaving off small layers of clear coat.

The upside is cruising on a moonlit night downtown with that perfectly shiny black car.Good for that bad boy image.
Old 5/2/05, 03:19 PM

Thanks again guys. Your comments have definitely given me the confidence to go for the W/B. I'd say black and W/B are 1a and 1b for me at this point!

Here's another question to throw out there. What color is the side panel stripe on your W/B Mustang? I've ruled out pear gold because I'm sure I'll go with the dark charcoal interior. The choice comes down to white vs black. I've see pictures of the W/B with black side panels, but not white. Anyone got pics?
Old 5/2/05, 03:23 PM

Just one other thought on the black. It's such a classic, timeless color. It will NEVER go out of style...and I plan to keep my Mustang for at least 6-7 years (unless I hit the lotto, in which case I'll be getting one for every day of the week). I just wonder whether W/B will have that type of longevity...will it still look stylish 5 years from now as it does today. Remember the color teal? It was all the rage years ago. Now it's considered hideous.
Old 5/2/05, 08:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had the same type of concern when I ordered mine. A co-worker of mine, who owns a black 2005 Vette, put it to me like this...

"A black car is hard to keep clean, but if you own a black car, you get to carry a wallet around that says Bad Mother F'er".

It's your choice, but the answer was pretty clear to me.

Sean
Old 5/2/05, 08:28 PM

"bad mother F'er"

Old 5/7/05, 08:14 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by tom_vilsack@May 2, 2005, 2:05 AM
As much as i love blue cars,(Windveil Blue) just seems to scream chick car...im keeping fingers crossed that vista blue 06 color will be more macho looking
SCREAMS - I don't think so?!
I chose WV Blue because it is more of a 'sleeper' color.
Black is definitely more testosterone, but I chose to go with the more subtle and urbane (having or showing very polished and worldly manners <a gentlemanly and urbane host of elegant dinner parties) WVB.

It's a low growl in any color ...well maybe with the exception of yellow.
But the color definitely changes the looks of this car.
More than most other vehicles than I can think of, you can seemingly change the personality of the 05 Stang with color.

...It's all good, just try to match your personality.
Old 5/7/05, 05:03 PM

fyi, I placed my order today for the V6. the color? BLACK!!!!
Old 5/7/05, 08:11 PM
Bullitt Member

Black looks spectacular clean...I would have to quit my day job to keep it that way...Windveil Blue for me if I had to choose between the two.
Old 5/8/05, 08:53 AM
V6 Member

My '89 GT is black and I love it, but it is a bear to keep it looking good. After polishing and waxing it every few months for 16 years, I decided to go with the Windveil Blue. It looks great, can go a week without a wash, and takes less time and effort to wash when you have to do it.

There is a black '05 GT in the parking lot at work and it looks great also, but I am relieved that I don't have to take care of it!
Old 5/8/05, 09:53 AM
Bullitt Member

Neither!!!!!

GET SONIC BLUE!!!!!!
Old 5/8/05, 12:51 PM
V6 Member

Black is tough, but takes a lot of car washing.

Saw a windevil with silver stripes in here, looked sweet. It's also a retro color, so that's what I would go with btwn the 2. Plus over time, that black trim will drive you nuts when it's dull compared to black paint.
Old 5/8/05, 02:44 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by mustang_78@May 1, 2005, 9:52 PM
Black or Windveil Blue? I'm pretty torn about it. Black is classic, timeless. But Windveil Blue is really, really nice...very eye-catching if you ask me.

If I go black, I'll probably get the white side panel stripe. If I go Windveil, I'll possibly go with the pear gold side panel stripe.

Just looking for opinions. What do you guys think?
My choice would be Windveil Blue (it's the only other color I would want to have for my car, had I not found a Legend Lime GT...but I did......).
This because I feel that this color and Legend Lime are very much a call to the (a bit crazy) colors of the golden era of the Mustang (64-71) and therefore complement very nicely the gorgeous retro styling of the new 'Stang.
Black is always classy and nice, but it also depends if you want to be a bit ... stealthy (in this case the better choice would be black as it's a popular color) or you like to get some attention from people (the feedback I got for my LL GT has always been enthusiastic...I believe people really welcome a different color, rather than the usual silver or black...perhaps they are a bit bored and want some change in what they see on the roads...and therefore something like Windveil Blue would be perfect)...
Also I owned several black cars and another thing I am not very fond of, is that if you have a scratch, on black paint it'll show immediately...
Old 5/8/05, 08:56 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by mustang_78@May 7, 2005, 5:06 PM
fyi, I placed my order today for the V6. the color? BLACK!!!!
Nice choice.
Old 5/9/05, 09:09 AM
Team Mustang Source

Black really does nothing for this car IMO. It hides the panel detailing and shows every imperfection. Black is more suited for a sedan or Limo. A Mustang should have a color that looks alive. We all have our preferences. Enjoy what you like!

Quick Reply: Black vs Windveil Blue