2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Black vs Windveil Blue

Search this Thread

Old 5/1/05, 07:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Black or Windveil Blue? I'm pretty torn about it. Black is classic, timeless. But Windveil Blue is really, really nice...very eye-catching if you ask me.

If I go black, I'll probably get the white side panel stripe. If I go Windveil, I'll possibly go with the pear gold side panel stripe.

Just looking for opinions. What do you guys think?
Old 5/1/05, 07:53 PM

in my best Forest Gump voice

"and thats all I got to say bout that"
Old 5/1/05, 08:15 PM
GT Member

Black is gorgeous no doubt, but if you don't have the time or dedication to clean it two to three times a week then I would go with the Windveil Blue. My last Mustang was black and it made me decide to never get another black car
Old 5/1/05, 08:34 PM

I do have to agree with mister e you do have to clean a black car more as I was also afraid of all the stories when I ordered my car back in October. But now that I have her ,and yes do have to clean her 2-3 times a week it is alot of fun owning a black car.
Old 5/1/05, 08:53 PM
Bullitt Member

I have had a dozen black cars and trucks over the past thirty years, and, like mister e said, they do take a lot of time and work to keep them looking good. I ordered the Windveil Blue on my GT, and it is by far, so much easier to maintain and clean. Even when it is driven in the rain all week long, still looks good. My black cars had to be washed twice a week. I wash my Windveil Blue once a week, and sometimes let her slide for two weeks between washings, because at the end of the first week, it still looks clean. My black cars attracked any dust that was in the air like a magnet, and the constant having to wax out the swirl marks, every time someone closed the door or happened to brush up against it. Much more work involved to keep them looking good. Black really does look good, but also involves lots of time and care to keep them looking that way.
Jack
Old 5/1/05, 09:16 PM
V6 Member

When I was getting mine I was only looking at 3 colors; Torch Red, Black & Gun Metal (unsure of true color). Then I saw the Windveil Blue haven't regretted buying the Windveil yet.
Old 5/1/05, 11:18 PM
Cobra Member

BLACK....more work - but well worth it IMO.....the blue is nice too...but if I didn't get the black - I'd prpbably go with the Silver and dark interior.

After wash/wax my Black GT literally turns heads going down the street!
Old 5/2/05, 02:02 AM
Cobra R Member

As much as i love blue cars,(Windveil Blue) just seems to scream chick car...im keeping fingers crossed that vista blue 06 color will be more macho looking
Old 5/2/05, 02:20 AM
GT Member

Everyone is correct about cleaning, I have cleaned mine twice since Friday (only just got it!)

But.......
Old 5/2/05, 05:07 AM
GT Member

Jay,

I think you've gotten all the advice there is to offer. Black is BEAUTIFUL when clean but requires an **** person (that would be me) to maintain it. I personally think Windveil Blue looks great (I don't see it as a "chick" color).

So as everyone else has stated, Black if you don't mind (or enjoy) cleaning/detailing constantly, Windveil Blue if you don't have (or don't want to) dedicate the time needed for the Black. You can't go wrong either way.
Old 5/2/05, 05:18 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally posted by tom_vilsack@May 2, 2005, 2:05 AM
As much as i love blue cars,(Windveil Blue) just seems to scream chick car...im keeping fingers crossed that vista blue 06 color will be more macho looking

Too funny! Guess I better go buy a dress!
Old 5/2/05, 05:39 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by tom_vilsack@May 2, 2005, 2:05 AM
I don't know how Windveil Blue could fall into the category of being a chick color,
( such as what one might consider to be a Barbie or Mary Kay Pink ), but all I can say is I have had more compliments on the color in the six months I have owned it, than the twelve black vehicles I have owned over the last thirty years all put together. I think everyone, whether it be a man or lady, are so taken with the excellent redesign and refreshing body style of the new Mustang, that any color looks fantastic, and Ford has for sure hit a grand slam home run with this model. I am sure everyone thinks their color choice is the best, and it is good that we are able to choose what color we want for our individual tastes. When Henry Ford started production of the Model T, black was the only selection of color you had.
So we have come a long way at that.
Jack
Old 5/2/05, 05:49 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by HOTLAP@May 1, 2005, 11:21 PM
BLACK....more work - but well worth it IMO.....the blue is nice too...but if I didn't get the black - I'd prpbably go with the Silver and dark interior.

These new Mustangs turn heads no matter what color you own. Up above in post #5 is my Windveil Blue, and added to this post is my Wife's Redfire V-6 which I added some GT Bullitts I bought off eBay. Both of us receive multiple compliments everyday and everywhere we go. We have never had so much attention from any other car or truck we have owned in the past. This new breed of Mustang simply are awesome in the publics eye, no matter what color you may have chosen.
Jack
Old 5/2/05, 06:09 AM
V6 Member

Therer is only one color and it is BLACK.When it's dirty it's ugly but when Cleaned and Wax,It can't be beat.I have been using Maguiers Black Gold and does an awesome job. No swirls or streaks.BlACK RULES
Old 5/2/05, 06:47 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've had my share of black cars but my lack of spare time these days does not give me a lot of time to keep it spotless so I didn't get another black car. I saw a WB at the dealer the other day and I hate pictures of that colour but in person it was not that bad, but I do agree, it is not an "aggressive" looking colour and ya, screams chick car.
Old 5/2/05, 07:14 AM
Cobra Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I don't need to repeat what's already been said about black, so I'll just say
Windviel Blue=
Old 5/2/05, 07:34 AM
Mach 1 Member

I was you!!

When I bought my V6 I was debating on all the choices... Black was the most appealing, but the WB was something new, something that I knew would catch the eye of everyone in my path.... .... But I still bought Black, and never regretted it. Yes, I wash it quite often, yes, it does show the scratches and the pollen () but it still looks SUPER to me.

When I am walking towards my car to go somewhere, no matter what mood I'm in, once I see my car I smile!

Black is awesome!

**Just make sure you keep the CALIFORNIA DUSTER in your trunk at all times!! It will be your best friend!! :worship:
Old 5/2/05, 07:39 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by mustangshadow@May 1, 2005, 8:56 PM
in my best Forest Gump voice

"and thats all I got to say bout that"
Shadow, you tint looks sweet. What % is it ?
Old 5/2/05, 07:50 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Jaxxon+May 2, 2005, 5:52 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jaxxon @ May 2, 2005, 5:52 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-HOTLAP@May 1, 2005, 11:21 PM

These new Mustangs turn heads no matter what color you own. Up above in post #5 is my Windveil Blue, and added to this post is my Wife's Redfire V-6 which I added some GT Bullitts I bought off eBay. Both of us receive multiple compliments everyday and everywhere we go. We have never had so much attention from any other car or truck we have owned in the past. This new breed of Mustang simply are awesome in the publics eye, no matter what color you may have chosen.
Jack
[/b][/quote]

Good point Jay - but a freshly detail black (any car) always stands out in a crowd - cheers
Old 5/2/05, 07:53 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by zoomerman46@May 2, 2005, 6:12 AM
Therer is only one color and it is BLACK.When it's dirty it's ugly but when Cleaned and Wax,It can't be beat.I have been using Maguiers Black Gold and does an awesome job. No swirls or streaks.BlACK RULES
Bob nice pic - did you lower the rear a bit? Looks like an even stance! One thing I wish Ford would have done is not enclose the headlights in the plastic casing - would have looked much nicer without it (the reflection) and then you could see the nose fins as well!

Quick Reply: Black vs Windveil Blue