2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Big Thanks to all of you on The Mustang Source:

Search this Thread

Old 2/26/05 | 05:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

We ordered today, thanks to many of this forum I felt ready; we wrote up this ordering agreement before meeting with our salesman. That made everything so much easier.

"Ordering Mustang GT on Dave Hallman Ford representative Joe D. Juratovic suggestion of, ordering now giving us time to decide if buying now is going to workout without obligation of getting the car."

Mustang Coupe GT – Deluxe
Performance White Clearcoat
Dark Charcoal
Interior Upgrade Package
Wheel Locking Kits
Front Seat Side-Mounted Air Bags
5R55S 5-Speed Automatic Transmission
Shaker 500 Audio System - AM/FM Stereo w/In-Dash CDx6, MP3 & 8-Speakers
Dealer to switch out the IUP’s leather steering wheel for the non-leather wheel.

Mustang check list of must haves.

Romeo made V8
3rd key
Touch up paint. (Besides the one Ford is going to send)
Do not put holes in front bumper for plate!
NO dealer sticker or badges or plate holder (will put Joe’s card in both quarter windows for 1 month).
Build Sheet, and all documentation not to be tossed during prep.
Tank of gas.
No advertising costs.
Locking gas cap 4L3Z-9K163-AA. Has easy on, easy off with a tether.
Check hose on transmission.
New order with our name on window sticker.
"Car should have less than 15 miles on it, and is not to be used for testdrives for other buyers, lookers or employees of Dave Hallman Ford."

We are doing the a-z plan and with that plan he couldn’t give us all little extras we were hoping for; touchup paint, 3rd key, and locking gas cap, but everything worked out fine. The big wild card is the Romoe V8, if it comes in without the Romeo we will start over with 2006. It was nice driving out of the city to use a small rural dealer away from the empty suits.

Big Thanks to all of you on The Mustang Source Forums.

Dan
Old 2/26/05 | 05:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

Why Romeo V-8??
Old 2/26/05 | 06:03 PM
Bullitt Member

congrats...I am sure you will love the GT!!
Old 2/26/05 | 06:05 PM
Cobra Member

Congrats on the order!!!
Old 2/26/05 | 06:13 PM
Team Mustang Source

Congratulations!

A little odd on how strongly you feel about having a Romeo-built engine (if it's an American-made thing, you'll have to cut Flintstones-style holes in the bottom of the car and run it down the road, since neither tranny is made in the USA), but to each his own.

You're gonna love it
Old 2/26/05 | 06:13 PM

No one should be getting the build sheet. I believe the people making the car is supposed to dispose of it.

Also, the dealer cannot guarantee that Ford won't randomly pick your car for some testing before being delivered to the dealer. My 2002 GT was selected at random, with a note left by Ford, stating that they put XX miles on it for random quality assurance testing.

You sound like the customer most salesmen hate to get. Meaning that you fully intend to buy the car, but demand more than 99% of car buyers out there. They usually just like to sit back and you drive a stock car off the lot that day without making the sales person work harder.
Old 2/26/05 | 06:17 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by alrox@February 26, 2005, 9:16 PM
No one should be getting the build sheet. I believe the people making the car is supposed to dispose of it.

Also, the dealer cannot guarantee that Ford won't randomly pick your car for some testing before being delivered to the dealer. My 2002 GT was selected at random, with a note left by Ford, stating that they put XX miles on it for random quality assurance testing.

You sound like the customer most salesmen hate to get. Meaning that you fully intend to buy the car, but demand more than 99% of car buyers out there. They usually just like to sit back and you drive a stock car off the lot that day without making the sales person work harder.
Most buyers are not fortunate enough to get the A or Z Plan and are paying full MSRP. Make that salesman work as hard as you can to earn that big fat commission!
Old 2/26/05 | 06:23 PM
I Have Admin Envy

Congrats,

just wondering why you'd want the hard plastic steering wheel as opposed to the IUP wheel?
Old 2/26/05 | 10:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

Let’s just say we do the best we can to buy American made and owned, we may never get everything but I have to try to get what we can. As far as the non-leather steering wheel goes, I'm not saying better, but a different kind of respect of life, the need does not justify the suffering for us. I appreciate how Joe our salesman, who is a hunter (again a different kind of respect) worked with us. I had other sales people from other dealers tell us that it couldn’t be done.

We are spiritual beings in a human experience, and the Mustang is one of the nicest human experiences to the point of being spiritual. You have to love paradoxes to get my meaning, I’m sure others will flame away.

Dan
Old 2/26/05 | 10:30 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

I understand the fact that you want an American made engine, but you would honestly refuse the car if an Essex engine was put in it? So I guess you are alright with the Mexican transmission?
Old 2/27/05 | 03:05 AM
GT Member

Congratulations Dan!

Performance White
Old 2/27/05 | 12:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by holderca1@February 26, 2005, 11:33 PM
I understand the fact that you want an American made engine, but you would honestly refuse the car if an Essex engine was put in it? So I guess you are alright with the Mexican transmission?
Of course I would love to have the transmission made in USA, and I would rather have it made in Mexico, than where it actualy is...France. As far as the Essex engine, yes I will refuse it, and why not?

Dan
Old 2/27/05 | 01:06 PM

congrats on your order
Old 2/27/05 | 01:12 PM

Originally posted by MustangDan+February 27, 2005, 2:02 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MustangDan @ February 27, 2005, 2:02 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-holderca1@February 26, 2005, 11:33 PM
Of course I would love to have the transmission made in USA, and I would rather have it made in Mexico, than where it actualy is...France. As far as the Essex engine, yes I will refuse it, and why not?

Dan
[/b][/quote]
It is made in Mexico...where did you get France at?
http://www.ttcautomotive.com/English.../queretaro.asp
Old 2/27/05 | 01:21 PM

I just noticed you are getting the automatic, which I believe is built in Ohio, so not sure where you are getting France. Unless they moved the production of the 5R55S to France, it had been at the Sharonville Transmission plant in Sharonville, Ohio.
Old 2/27/05 | 01:27 PM
Bullitt Member

this might be a stupid question, but what is the difference betweent the Romeo and Essex engines? and is there anyway to tell the difference?
Old 2/27/05 | 01:32 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Congrats on your order and to your salesman for not freaking out when you made your order. That's some list but when it's "your" money, you should be able to have a list.
Old 2/27/05 | 01:32 PM

Originally posted by OSUstangfan@February 27, 2005, 2:30 PM
this might be a stupid question, but what is the difference betweent the Romeo and Essex engines? and is there anyway to tell the difference?
Only difference is the Romeo engine is made in Romeo and the Essex engine is made in Essex. The build location is put on the engine itself.
Old 2/27/05 | 01:43 PM

Originally posted by MustangDan@February 26, 2005, 11:06 PM
As far as the non-leather steering wheel goes, I'm not saying better, but a different kind of respect of life, the need does not justify the suffering for us.

Dan
But the suffering of the Frenchman or Mexican making your engine and/or transmission by you boycotting them is OK, right?

I'm sure the animals that you're protecting by not using leather will love it when your borderline gas guzzler spews out twice the toxic fumes as a Toyota Prius.

I'm not flaming you here, it's just that the justifications of your actions don't seem to be logical at all to me.
Old 2/27/05 | 01:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

All the 2005 Mustang I've seen has a second window sticker (sometimes they hide this in the glove box) that gives % of the car made in USA and where the engine and transmissions are from. I have only seen autos and they are all made with French transmissions. That second sticker is a big reason why we upgraded to the GT, the v6 engine is made in Germany.

As far as my salesman, he like how I had everything spelled out, I had 3 copies of everything, one for my wife, myself and him. I love it when I over heard him telling his sales manager that I knew all about the allocations and the Mustang, I wish I could have heard the rest.

Also because of this forum I was able to ask to borrow his sales training DVD on the Mustang hosted by Rick Titus, great fun.

Again thanks everyone.

Dan

Quick Reply: Big Thanks to all of you on The Mustang Source: