2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Best Exhaust for the 05

Search this Thread

Old 11/17/04, 09:48 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't know that I'll change anything but the mufflers..... especially if you say an x-pipe makes Flowmasters sound like S. (ok... I just realized there's more than 1 Clint in this discussion... me being one of them.) So, to the other Clint..... I haven't heard Magnaflow yet, and I guess I'd want to hear something before I ever do it to mine. The only exhaust mods I've had on eiter of my Mustangs was that I just cut the mufflers out and put straight pipe in. It sounded great, but now that I'm getting older (28 is real old) I think I'll tone it down just a hair..... but the deep throaty noise of the 2 chamber Flowmasters is what I like. So, I guess if I could get that sound with headers and an x-pipe, i'd go with a different brand.... I'm all about the sound.. I'm not partial to any particular brand.
Old 11/17/04, 10:04 AM
Cobra Member

I need sound clips, but so far I like the JBA the best.
Old 11/17/04, 10:47 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by awkforty7@November 16, 2004, 3:52 PM
I know the flowmaster isn't being produced yet but i remember somebody posting that a guy had welded one on an 05. The original thread on stangnet has pics of it and a video with sound.
Just slapping on any old Flowmaster muffler doesn't make it a Flowmaster system.

Flowmaster is R&Ding the Mustang right now. We'll see what it sounds like later this week. The system I am getting will likely have the same tips as the Magnaflow, but I'm not sure if the mufflers will be aluminized, black (Super40's come in black), or Stainless.

Full report late Thursday, Friday at the latest.
Old 11/17/04, 11:32 AM
Bullitt Member

Well I'm more into the X-pipes and the Magnaflows sound even worse with an X than an H. I would stick with a chambered muffler. But you can't really judge an exhuast w/o hearing it first or seeing and feeling the results!
Old 11/17/04, 11:44 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by clintoris@November 17, 2004, 10:51 AM
I don't know that I'll change anything but the mufflers..... especially if you say an x-pipe makes Flowmasters sound like S. (ok... I just realized there's more than 1 Clint in this discussion... me being one of them.) So, to the other Clint..... I haven't heard Magnaflow yet, and I guess I'd want to hear something before I ever do it to mine. The only exhaust mods I've had on eiter of my Mustangs was that I just cut the mufflers out and put straight pipe in. It sounded great, but now that I'm getting older (28 is real old) I think I'll tone it down just a hair..... but the deep throaty noise of the 2 chamber Flowmasters is what I like. So, I guess if I could get that sound with headers and an x-pipe, i'd go with a different brand.... I'm all about the sound.. I'm not partial to any particular brand.
Sorry but their isn't anything better than an a Dr. Gas X-pipe paired w/ Flowmasters! :worship:

Just ask http://www.modularpowerhouse.com/

They do some excellent work and those in charge love this setup