2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Beautiful Atlanta

Search this Thread

Old 10/30/04, 08:32 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by fastback@October 30, 2004, 6:35 PM
April my wife thinks she saw you hot dogg'n in the Freestyle.... I'm must have been standing right next to Karl in the 9:00 shift. We need T-shirts.... Brad!
I did not drive that nasty thing Only the mustang...
Got there around noon ET, after battling the lovely Atlanta traffic, drooled a bit, registered, drove, ate over @ turner(mmmm $4 hot dog), spent some time trying to find a place to scale the fence and go do something jackassed on the field, and went to drool some more, got antsy cause I couldn't charm a second pass and came back to bammy.
Old 11/1/04, 08:44 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by EleanorsMine+October 30, 2004, 9:35 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (EleanorsMine @ October 30, 2004, 9:35 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-fastback@October 30, 2004, 6:35 PM
April my wife thinks she saw you hot dogg'n in the Freestyle.... I'm must have been standing right next to Karl in the 9:00 shift. We need T-shirts.... Brad!
[/b][/quote]
Ok- Here's the review since I am well rested and about to jet off.

Hubby and I took off from Alabaster around 8, gassed up the car, got road snacks and took off. Made it to Anniston, he noted there is a nice green one there I could go play with.
Made it into Georgia at 11 Eastern and to Turner Field around 11:45.

They had a tent with the 500, freestyle, GT and windveil blue GT set up. We drooled over the mustang for a minute, and went to register. The mustang club had several lovely cars set up, Can't tell you the vintage, two classics, one fox, one newer convertible we looked over those for a little bit.
I noticed the line for the mustang was short, so off I went. Waited maybe 5 minutes for my turn. I drew a Redfire GT. I tried my best to light the tires, but I don't think I did. It felt like I was driving a hundred, Everything about it was great. Handling was excellent, Loved the way the clutch and gears felt, turning was lots of fun. It felt like it was really powerful- like if you werent careful you could wrap it around something. :worship: I got out of it nearly in tears and shaking because it was so great.
After that downhill. We went over to the b.ball park to grab a bite, had a picture taken with Ricky Rudds Car, drooled over the GT, played with the windveil a little more. The Ford rep there had the keys and let people play with the my color. No, I didn't because well......its not going home with me, so what can I do? During all that, every so often the mustangs from the course would take off into the streets, lucky sonofas. So we saw everything to see twice, went to observe the lucky folk who were driving the mustangs for about another half hour, and drove home. While we were watching, keeping in mind hubby has never went on a mustang hunt with me, he observed how much he disliked the v6 compared to the GT. In his head, the v6 looked sad, and was missing a lot. He likes the snot out of the GT from the sound on down. He told me not to settle for the v6, because that GT is spectacular. When I told him all the silly reasons I wanted the 6(stripe kit, rear badge, he said I could always buy em later). Great. Stick more pressure on me.

I didn't go near the freestyle or 500 course, I was not interested. The 500 I had thought would be a little more interested, but the impression I got was TANK. The freestyle is to me a glorified station wagon, especially after seeing the displays in person.
So with that taken care of, and the v6 driven last week, and the GT driven this week, my quest is over. I have nothing else.....

Heres the windveil in action for those of you who care.....
Old 11/1/04, 08:50 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by fastback@October 30, 2004, 5:35 PM
I hate to say it, but I had more fun driving the Freestyle than the Mustang! The course was better... I loved the way they lined up the cones for that zigzag turn!

And the freestyle wheels squeeled at every sharp turn. I had the time of my life driving that thing. I ran the course in 35 seconds. (I had my friend time me)
Old 11/1/04, 09:22 AM

I have to say it was fun tossing both the Freestyle and 500, and sampling that weird transmission. The Mustang course seemed really narrow, like driving down a hallway. One of the Ford dudes said they only allow one lap because the trouble starts after people know how the course is layed out.
Old 11/1/04, 09:27 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nice, April! Can't...wait...to...drive...in...the...Dallas....o ne....
Old 11/1/04, 09:33 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by fastback@November 1, 2004, 10:25 AM
I have to say it was fun tossing both the Freestyle and 500, and sampling that weird transmission. The Mustang course seemed really narrow, like driving down a hallway. One of the Ford dudes said they only allow one lap because the trouble starts after people know how the course is layed out.
Definately too narrow! It's funny... the Mustang guides kept telling me to slow down.

The 500 and Freestyle guides told me NOT to use the brakes around the zigzag part. I liked those guides better!

I managed to drive the Mustang twice, and I'll say that the second time was more fun because I knew the course. But you're right... the second time around is faster and more dangerous
Old 11/1/04, 10:44 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

I would never have guessed those two would have been fun. I have been placated for another little while anyways. Its time to simmer it down for a while and put my original unstupid plan back in place.

Did anyone see that super blue color on the GT? I love that color. Hundred fifty grand and a gas guzzle tax indeed. They shoulda let us tear one of those up.

Oh, I spent like 2 hours begging hubby to get registered and gimme his tag, but he wouldn't do it.
Old 11/1/04, 11:12 AM
Mach 1 Member

I was lucky enough to get two laps. Our scheduled time was 3pm, we got there about 2:30. There were only about 5 people ahead of us. I drove one of the black GT's first. The course was very narrow and that combined with my wife's morning sickness, kept me from pushing it much. About 45 minutes later, there was no line so we went again and I drove the v6 with the auto. Had the sis-in-law with me then so I was able to push it much harder throughout the course and had a blast. Overall, I'm very happy that I have one on order. It's going to be a long three months.

Jason