The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   2005-2009 Mustang (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f637/)
-   -   Bad Day (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f637/bad-day-406619/)

fin1 4/20/05 07:18 PM

As GtStallion51 stated the parts will be the biggest headache. Some part will take weeks to get from Ford and/or some of their vendors. Get your dealer pushing Ford a few times a week to keep the pressure on.

leesi 4/20/05 08:30 PM

Originally posted by donkey@April 20, 2005, 5:45 PM
:bang:

:crying: OUCH! I'm so sad for you.
I got hit from behind by a semi truck a few weeks ago, had to have the back bumper replaced. 4 days after I got the car back from the body shop, DAMMMIT if some young kid driving a service van didn't HIT my new rear bumper...so, its back to the body shop for me too. I feel your pain. Good Luck. I hope the body shop does an excellent job restoring your baby to her original glory.

codeman94 4/20/05 09:05 PM

Originally posted by yur1279@April 20, 2005, 7:11 PM
Why were you written a ticket???

..yeah...why did you get a ticket??? :confused:

Treadhead 4/20/05 09:06 PM

Lisa, I think you need a giant stop sign on the back of your car. Rear ended twice so soon is crazy. Sorry to hear about y'all wrecks and hope they get fixed soon.

zwooky 4/20/05 09:35 PM

Almost the same thing happened to me a couple weeks ago. On the interstate the guy in front of me (KIA Sportage) decided to stop. 5 more feet and I would have been fine. I estimate I was doing about 10 when I hit him. Not as much damage on mine as you have but I had to have my hood, bumper, grill, left headlight, and core support area replaced. Just less than $2600 total cost for my insurance company. Those 12 days car was in the shop were terrible. Got her back now and I am whole again!

Of course next Monday I will be getting my steeda hood, roush front fascia, roush front spoiler, and Roush reaer spoiler installed and painted!

Oscar 4/21/05 11:58 AM

I am curious to why you got a ticket.

Oscar

adrenalin 4/21/05 12:04 PM

Man that stinks. Hopefully they can fix it with no issues. I have never been in an accident either but I have a feeling that soon I will be due to the fact people around me are driving like idiots to look at the car. Several times I have tried to get into a different lane and end up being cut off because someone wants to look at the car. I even had a jerk in front of me slow down to a crawl so he and his kids could get a good look at the car.

Biscuit 4/21/05 12:04 PM

I feel your pain!! I got my GT November 11th, hit a deer Decenber 8th. Just be sure to take the time to ask around and find a good body shop. The damage to mine was pretty similar to yours and it ended up costing almost $5k so thank god for the insurance......LOL never thought I'd say that!

adrenalin 4/21/05 12:11 PM

Originally posted by Oscar@April 21, 2005, 12:01 PM

Oscar

I am willing to bet it was for "following to close". Normally when you rearend someone that is what they ticket you for. I'd rather be ticketed for that than reckless driving which is another option for the officer.

chrisma 4/21/05 12:22 PM

:drive: :bang: :eek: :crying: :cop: :mad: :drunk: :drool: :hmm: :idea: :drive: :cheers: :flag:

celticstanger 4/21/05 12:22 PM

Shame you're in TN. I've now got a spare new front bumper, having just had the Roush kit put on my car. The bumper I've got was for repairs and has never even been on the car yet. Don't know if the bodyshop painted it, though.

stinks about the ticket - what a glute-pipe that trooper musta been. Ok, if you were too close, maybe ticket, but since the reason you hit was that you were making the prescribed checks prior to changing lanes, seems like a genuine accident, as opposed to any element of recklessness/carelessness. :dunno:

:edit:

Here are some prices from my shop quote for parts -

GT front bumper, replace - $498
GT front grill, replace - $84
Hood, replace - $690

Add paint and labor and you're probably looking at around $1700 + tax to repair.

Captmojo 4/21/05 12:28 PM

:crying: :bang: :crying: :bang: :crying: :bang:

Hoping for a quick recovery and maybe some MODS !!!! :-D

RaGsHoCkEy88 4/21/05 01:11 PM

glad ur ok and god forbit it was totalled

Ripstang 4/21/05 01:16 PM

Man I hate to see things like this happen ,hope you get your stang fixed up soon!

ekessler507 4/21/05 01:30 PM

Kudos to you the ACTUALLY checking your blind spot! :nice:

I know that does little to help ease the pain of your pony heading to the rack, but I see folks change lanes everyday without even glancing. I ride a motorcycle as well and I find myself being more and more defensive in my driving because of what I habitually do while on the bike.

EK

Biscuit 4/21/05 01:50 PM

Celticstanger-- Your shop must be giving really good prices, State Farm paid $970 for my new hood! It's amazing what they charge for the parts on new cars!

Oscar 4/21/05 01:54 PM

Originally posted by ekessler507@April 21, 2005, 1:33 PM
Kudos to you the ACTUALLY checking your blind spot! :nice:

I know that does little to help ease the pain of your pony heading to the rack, but I see folks change lanes everyday without even glancing. I ride a motorcycle as well and I find myself being more and more defensive in my driving because of what I habitually do while on the bike.

EK

I ride as well. Your right, that changes your whole perspective and makes you pay close attention to what is going on around you.

Oscar

Treadhead 4/21/05 02:09 PM

Originally posted by adrenalin+April 21, 2005, 12:14 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(adrenalin @ April 21, 2005, 12:14 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Oscar@April 21, 2005, 12:01 PM

Oscar

I am willing to bet it was for "following to close". Normally when you rearend someone that is what they ticket you for. I'd rather be ticketed for that than reckless driving which is another option for the officer.
[/b][/quote]

Or "Failure to control speed to avoid collision". Around here it's the Officers discretion to write or not to write a ticket. You can show who's at fault in the report without a ticket.

Oscar 4/21/05 02:13 PM

I don't see why these guys are adding insult to injury here. The man just had an accident and wrecked his beautiful new car. I say the officer should have cut him some slack.

Oscar

Adrenal 4/21/05 02:16 PM

So sorry to see your pony all torn up. Glad to see you're ok though.