The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   2005-2009 Mustang (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f637/)
-   -   Bad Day (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f637/bad-day-406619/)

donkey 4/20/05 05:35 PM

After 15 years of driving I have never been in an accident that was my fault, until yesterday. Was on the interstate, traffic was slowing, I glanced at my mirror and turned my head to check the blind spot before I changed lanes. Turned back tp see the rear of a chevy pickup that was suddenly not moving. The whole lane had just panic stopped for whatever reason. Barely had time to hit the brakes, no time to cut the wheel. Slowed from about 45 to 15-20MPH then Mustang met bumper and trailer hitch. I am pretty bummed and feel totally stupid, but stuff happens, and it could have been worse. The driver of the truck was nice and even offered to give me a ride home. Not a scratch on his truck. Meanwhile my Mustang is spewing antifreeze all over the place while the state trooper is writing me a ticket. Thank god the bag did not go off. Ripped up the front end pretty good though...now the body shop saga begins...pics below. :bang: :crying:

stangscuba98a 4/20/05 05:37 PM

Originally posted by donkey@April 20, 2005, 5:38 PM
After 15 years of driving I have never been in an accident that was my fault, until yesterday. Was on the interstate, traffic was slowing, I glanced at my mirror and turned my head to check the blind spot before I changed lanes. Turned back tp see the rear of a chevy pickup that was suddenly not moving. The whole lane had just panic stopped for whatever reason. Barely had time to hit the brakes, no time to cut the wheel. Slowed from about 45 to 15-20MPH then Mustang met bumper and trailer hitch. I am pretty bummed and feel totally stupid, but stuff happens, and it could have been worse. The driver of the truck was nice and even offered to give me a ride home. Not a scratch on his truck. Meanwhile my Mustang is spewing antifreeze all over the place while the state trooper is writing me a ticket. Thank god the bag did not go off. Ripped up the front end pretty good though...now the body shop saga begins...pics below. :bang: :crying:

:bang: :bang: :bang:

donkey 4/20/05 05:37 PM

:crying:

donkey 4/20/05 05:42 PM

:bang:

donkey 4/20/05 05:44 PM

:crying:

donkey 4/20/05 05:47 PM

:bang:

DADS05 4/20/05 05:47 PM

Sorry for your hard times but this could be time for an aftermarket front facia.

donkey 4/20/05 05:48 PM

torn core support

Zc527 4/20/05 05:49 PM

omg that's horrible! :eek:

Sorry for your hard times but this could be time for an aftermarket front facia.
good idea :-D

05GT-O.C.D. 4/20/05 05:52 PM

:shame: Sorry it had to happen to your car Chris. Good luck on a speedy and quality repair.

Sonic05 4/20/05 05:54 PM

Oh well, it happens to everybody. And it is indeed a good thing the air bag(s) didn't go off.

Street Scene perhaps? :-D

Zc527 4/20/05 05:55 PM

3d carbon would be my choice

ta2d1 4/20/05 05:55 PM

it happens. but thats pretty much cosmetic, i did the same thing in my old GT and it ended up being about $10,000 to fix.

mr-mstng 4/20/05 06:09 PM

That sucks. :cry: A to get a ticket on top of it! :shame:

Hopefully its all minor and you'll back on the road soon. Glad it wasn't major, and that you are OK.

outdoorstom 4/20/05 06:14 PM

Sorry to read about your misfortune :( Hopefully the repairs won't take too long. Hang in there!!

teddybear1255 4/20/05 06:15 PM

Glad you're alright.....I know you're sick about your new car! It can be fixed, though.

cop on my back 4/20/05 06:17 PM

You know, it takes a big man to cry. It takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

azlitigator 4/20/05 06:24 PM

Sorry to hear about your car! Hopefully the body shop will make it good as new.

GtStallion51 4/20/05 06:38 PM

That stinks .... :dunno: ... I know how you feel though. About two weeks ago I took a left turn to fast and lost rear traction. The car spun (180) and the left rear tire of the car slammed into the curb :bang: . My rear axle shifted 2+ inches to the right :bang: . The body shop where I took mine said the longest part of the process will be getting the parts needed, because the car is so new and rare. So expect the repair process to be a long one. Good luck though.

yur1279 4/20/05 07:08 PM

Why were you written a ticket???