Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aux Audio Jack

Search this Thread

Old 8/17/07, 05:28 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aux Audio Jack

I have an ipod, can I just plug that into the audio jack and hear it through the radio? Or did I have to get the Trip Tunes Advanced? What is that anyways?

TIA
Old 8/17/07, 06:41 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Yes, you can plug directly into that jack and listen to your iPod (Assuming you have an '07 and you're talking about the jack in the center console). You won't be able to see your songs thru the radio, but just keep the ipod out of the console, or setup a playlist.
Old 8/17/07, 10:10 PM

where exactly is the aux jack located and does it come standard with an 07 v6 premium? also, what does it plug into? the iPod itself? and this will transmit my iPod music through the radio frequencies right? so is there no point in getting advanced trip tunes or itrip or other type of FM transmitter? I'm confused. thanks
Old 8/17/07, 11:29 PM
GT Member

the plug is inside the center console like the other guy said. Yes it is standard, it is just a simple audio jack that goes from you ipods headphone port to the plug in the car.
Old 8/18/07, 09:34 AM
GT Member

Does anyone have an update in retro fitting 05 and 06 mustangs with the Aux Jack?
Old 8/18/07, 09:49 AM
Bullitt Member

Anyone recommend a good wire for this jack or pretty much any stereo cable will do?
Old 8/18/07, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by chabbz182
the plug is inside the center console like the other guy said. Yes it is standard, it is just a simple audio jack that goes from you ipods headphone port to the plug in the car.
lol, i kno im askin simple questions, but i jus wanna make sure. So theres nothing extra I have to buy then to use my iPod in my car then right? also, can anybody tell me the differences in sound quality with this standard audio jack, an fm transmitter, and the trip tunes advanced?
Old 8/18/07, 10:12 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by agent433
lol, i kno im askin simple questions, but i jus wanna make sure. So theres nothing extra I have to buy then to use my iPod in my car then right? also, can anybody tell me the differences in sound quality with this standard audio jack, an fm transmitter, and the trip tunes advanced?
From what I understand all TripTunes does it just shows you what song is playing on your radio and also allows you to control tracks from your radio as well. Still uses the same audio jack from the center console. The best audio signal from your ipod would be the aux audio jack. If you use an FM transmitter there will be some sort of interference from the signal to your ipod. I would imagine it wouldn't be as good signal quality if you were to directly plug your ipod into the radio via the aux jack.

Also you're going to need to buy a audio cable to connect your ipod to the aux jack, prolly pick one up at Radio Shack or simmilar.
Old 8/18/07, 10:34 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by jeffgall
Does anyone have an update in retro fitting 05 and 06 mustangs with the Aux Jack?
ive seen one before on the ford accessories website for $45..

http://www.troyfordaccessories.com/p...TripTunes.aspx <--trip tunes

http://www.troyfordaccessories.com/p...sAdvanced.aspx <-- trip tunes advanced
Old 8/18/07, 11:53 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by agent433
You will need to buy a mini stereo cable. I picked mine up at Walmart in the iPod section, but pretty much anyone who sells MP3 players sells them.

This is all you need (or similar)
Old 8/18/07, 01:37 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Make sure it has the two black rings as shown in the photo above. One ring means it's mono only!

I think the size is 3.5 mm.
Old 8/18/07, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by DarkFireGT
You will need to buy a mini stereo cable. I picked mine up at Walmart in the iPod section, but pretty much anyone who sells MP3 players sells them.

This is all you need (or similar)
cool, thanks man. so hows the sound quality wit the audio jack? also, would this work: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1153999681108

or
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1155070007391
Old 8/18/07, 05:30 PM
Cobra R Member

Either of them will work. It's much better than using FM. Turn your iPod volume up to about 7/8, maybe a bit less, then crank the head unit.
Old 8/18/07, 05:32 PM
Bullitt Member

MUCH better than FM trans! Thanks Ford and Steve Jobs!
Old 8/18/07, 08:03 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
You just need one of the aforementioned cables. Fortunately for my car, I replaced the whole unit, and got a box, for a CD changer hookup, if I wanted it later, well I eventually bought the Kenwood iPod adaptor that hooks into the port, not the headphone jack. It also charges the iPod, and the sound is immaculate!
Old 8/19/07, 08:21 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Seems like a lot of trouble to go through. Why not just get one on those new stereos with the flash memory card slot. No CD changer, no Ipod/MP3 player, no moving parts!

Here's a link to my tread that I started in the Audio forum.

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=67696

Originally Posted by StangMahn
You just need one of the aforementioned cables. Fortunately for my car, I replaced the whole unit, and got a box, for a CD changer hookup, if I wanted it later, well I eventually bought the Kenwood iPod adaptor that hooks into the port, not the headphone jack. It also charges the iPod, and the sound is immaculate!
Old 8/19/07, 09:31 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by StangMahn
Do you have a link for that iPod adapter?
Old 8/19/07, 10:27 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by viiStang
Do you have a link for that iPod adapter?
The adapter won't work with you factory radio. He's talking about hook one up to his aftermarket radio.

For what you want, the 3.5" cable is fine. Sound is CD quality or better. The only way to get better sound is with trip tunes advanced, so it's using the data port from the iPod, but that's about $250.
Old 8/19/07, 10:38 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by eddieval5
ive seen one before on the ford accessories website for $45..

http://www.troyfordaccessories.com/p...TripTunes.aspx <--trip tunes

http://www.troyfordaccessories.com/p...sAdvanced.aspx <-- trip tunes advanced
I'm not looking for Trip Tunes. I want to be able to add the aux input jack that comes standard on 07+ Mustangs.
Old 8/19/07, 12:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by DarkFireGT
For what you want, the 3.5" cable is fine. Sound is CD quality or better. The only way to get better sound is with trip tunes advanced, so it's using the data port from the iPod, but that's about $250.
I'll save you $240. Buy this:

http://www.amazon.com/Ipod-Dock-Conn.../dp/B000J022G6

Much better sound quality than through the headphone jack, volume is constant (meaning you don't have to mess with the volume on the ipod - just on the car stereo), and works with the aux jack in the console.

Quick Reply: Aux Audio Jack