The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   2005-2009 Mustang (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f637/)
-   -   Auto vs Manual (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f637/auto-vs-manual-411213/)

chrisma 6/10/05 12:00 PM

Manual all the way!

moc1976 6/10/05 12:05 PM

Originally posted by 2Slack@June 10, 2005, 11:56 AM
It had been 9 years since i'd driven a manual. When I first got my GT, I began to second guess my dicision to go with the manual. After a couple of weeks, my only regret with the manual is that my wife can't drive it.

Are you sure that's not a good thing :dunno: :jester: JK, but that does bring up another good point. People always want to drive your car, and some don't know how to drive a manual, so you could at least for them say, well, I would, but you can't drive a manual :jester:

KenW 6/10/05 01:29 PM

I have to deal with DC traffic, I still chose a manual as my daily driver. I just couldn't stand another automatic with my driving style. I like being able to decide when to downpoo as opposed to the automatic tranny deciding for me. :)

holderca1 6/10/05 02:18 PM

Originally posted by KenW@June 10, 2005, 1:32 PM
I have to deal with DC traffic, I still chose a manual as my daily driver. I just couldn't stand another automatic with my driving style. I like being able to decide when to downpoo as opposed to the automatic tranny deciding for me. :)

downpooing can be dangerous while driving. :jester:

05silverGT 6/10/05 03:48 PM

Originally posted by MustangDan@June 10, 2005, 10:27 AM
Manual is fun for 15 minutes, then its work. Get the Auto and enjoy the drive.

I couldn't disagree more. Shifting this car and hearing it roar is pure bliss. I've never thought of it as work... if you can find me a job that feels like driving my car please tell me right away!

My current job feels like I'm driving an automatic. :-D

biznazion 6/10/05 04:47 PM

Originally posted by 2Slack@June 10, 2005, 9:56 AM
It had been 9 years since i'd driven a manual. When I first got my GT, I began to second guess my dicision to go with the manual. After a couple of weeks, my only regret with the manual is that my wife can't drive it.

and you regret that... I *wish* my wife didn't know how to drive a manual! :-D

biznazion 6/10/05 04:50 PM

Originally posted by moc1976@June 10, 2005, 10:08 AM
Are you sure that's not a good thing :dunno: :jester: JK, but that does bring up another good point. People always want to drive your car, and some don't know how to drive a manual, so you could at least for them say, well, I would, but you can't drive a manual :jester:

I have a couple two word answers for people that want to drive my car 'uuuhm no' and, well, I'll leave the other one up to the imagination.

ManEHawke 6/10/05 04:58 PM

If you are healthy and are a capable driver, it should be a manual no questions asked. If you are iffy on either of the two get the auto.
simple as that.

aponyfan 6/10/05 05:27 PM

personal preference...mine is for auto...for my reasons...traffic...mostly city driving...wife being able to drive in an emergency.

Weigh the pros/cons and decide what works best for you.

stargirl66 6/10/05 06:26 PM

I have always driven manuals, and love it most of the time. If I had to sit in bumper to bumper traffic every day, I might consider automatic. Noooo, what am I saying? I would get a second vehicle that was automatic, a beater if necessary, because the pony must be a MANUAL! I think it's a much more natural, seamless connection to the vehicle.

yur1279 6/10/05 06:48 PM

just curiouse, when the mustang came out, was it manual or auto? Everyone keeps saying "its only natural for it to be manual" and I was always under the impression the early ones were automatics.

racerx 6/10/05 08:09 PM

I love my manual..just recently learned how to drive it...but it's sure PITA in traffic. Luckily it's my fun car, so I'm rarely stuck in traffic with it. Because it's a different experience for me, it makes driving the pony even more special.

Besides, in all my die-cast Mustang collections, I noticed that they are all manuals...there must be a reason for that :-D

9thPony 6/10/05 08:14 PM

Originally posted by yur1279@June 10, 2005, 5:51 PM
just curiouse, when the mustang came out, was it manual or auto? Everyone keeps saying "its only natural for it to be manual" and I was always under the impression the early ones were automatics.

I'm sure there were some manuals, but the auto's must have been the majority. That's actually part of the reason I got the auto, it reminded me of my early Mustang days since all seven of the classic Mustangs I owned were auto's! I still enjoy driving manuals, but an auto is not out of place in a Mustang.

Doug

TheLegend 6/10/05 08:24 PM

MANUAL without a doubt. I drove a rental the other day as mine was in the shop for warranty work. At times I have hated my my manual in the traffic and on a bad day from work. However, in the rental which was an auto, I was bored to death. It felt like I was driving a golf cart. You really dont have the feel of the car as you do in a manual.

Thats my .02 which brings the total to .08. You sure are banking up here with the manual.