2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Anyone in Texas order a Mustang?

Search this Thread

Old 9/30/04, 10:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hear so much about other states other than Texas, Has anyone heard anything about shipments? If so whats your city?
Old 9/30/04, 10:45 AM
GT Member

Ordered in Dallas at Town East Ford in June, GT was built on 9/08, as of yesterday still no shipping date and saleman doesn't know anything definitive. Still hoping they will start shipping next week.
Old 9/30/04, 10:53 AM
Bullitt Member

Ordered This week from Country Ford in Gatesville.
Old 9/30/04, 10:56 AM
V6 Member

Ordered from Five Star Ford in Carrollton. Was built on 9/08. Same as GbNNP, no shipping date. Listed as TBD. Sales Manager expects shipments to begin mid/late next week (first week of October). But it's all hear-say until we get something directly from Ford...
Old 9/30/04, 03:39 PM

First time poster but long time lurker. Ordered 5/24/04 from Marshall Ford in Hempstead TX. (Redfire GT) was built 9/22/04 with shipment listed as TBD.
Old 9/30/04, 03:50 PM

I ordered from Prestige Ford In Garland with a build date of 10/11.
Old 9/30/04, 04:23 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
I ordered from Andrews County Ford in Andrews, TX in June with a build date of 9/20/04. Shipping is still listed as TBD.
Old 9/30/04, 05:05 PM

I orderd mine the second day orders were available and a build date of 9/13. I orderd from 5 Star Ford in North Richland Hills. Assuming Ford is going to honor X-Plan right off, I will get mine at X-Plan price. I ordered a Black GT Premium with Med. Graphite Interior, IUP and Polished Wheels. My vin is 1ZVFT82H455102136.

Cody
Old 9/30/04, 05:14 PM
V6 Member

I ordered from Mac Haik in Georgetown in late June. I'm told my car has been built, but they have not ETA on it yet. VIN ends in 2196.... Wow Cody that's really close to yours! I also ordered a Black GT Premium with the IUP and upgrade wheels, but my seats are the red leather.
Old 9/30/04, 05:19 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Andypsk@September 30, 2004, 10:34 AM
I hear so much about other states other than Texas, Has anyone heard anything about shipments? If so whats your city?
I ordered my from Karl Klement Ford in Decatur, Tx

Ordered 6-21-04, Built 9-17-04, Shipped TBD

Cant be long now.
Old 9/30/04, 05:42 PM
V6 Member

I ordered mine on 6-23-04 from Bob Francis Ford in Rusk Texas. I have a full Vin Number, but no build date yet. I ordered a Black Gt Premium 5 speed manual with medium parchment interior and bullit wheels.
Old 9/30/04, 06:59 PM
Team Mustang Source

i ordered mine in may.

katy texas. champion ford on the katy freeway.

Old 9/30/04, 07:10 PM
GT Member

Ordered my Mustang in May from Tommie Vaughn Ford in Houston. It was built during the week of September 6th. The delivery status is showing TBD (to be determined).
Old 10/1/04, 06:45 AM
Mach 1 Member

Ordered mine in May from Bay Area Ford in Clear Lake.
Still Unsceduled/Clean and dealership still has no info.
I have been talking to another dealer this past week because I don't feel good with Bay Area. I will let you know how it goes.
Old 10/1/04, 08:30 AM
GT Member

Bay area ford as well here. Only ordered last week, so no info yet, but your reply concerns me a bit sc. You ordered all the way back in may and have nothing? No VIN no status, order hasnt even been picked up by Ford yet?

I did notice that when I placed my order they gave me a 60 priority by default, I had to have them re do it as a 10, hope that didn't happen to you. Who is your salesman?

Anyways, keep us updated on your order, always good to know who is taking care of the customers and who isn't.
Old 10/1/04, 09:36 AM
Mach 1 Member

Hey Mellow, hope they are treating you better than I have been treated.
Milton Perdue is my salesman. He really hasn't been any help at all.
they ordered 2 GT's with the same options in two colors and both are still Unsceduled/Clean on the reports. Since then they have build dates for at least 2 V6's and I think one other GT. Hope that is yours. You may want to stay on them.
I have asked them to look into my order several times since others have been moved ahead of mine and they never can give me any info.
I am also talking with AC Collins in Pasadena for my back-up incase Bay Area falls down on the Job.
Good Luck Mellow.
Old 10/1/04, 10:32 AM
V6 Member

I have been dealing with Bay Area Ford for a GT. They gave me a VIN and a build date of 8/31 - so I don't have a lot of confidence in the info they've given me. I have had to repeatedly call and stop by to get any information at all. I am trying to remember that I am an enthusiast and that not everyone is, but I would rethink dealing with them if I was just starting into the process.

A word an AC Collins - I had the worst experience I have ever had with a dealer there. [Edit: rant removed. I'll PM you with the details.]
Old 10/1/04, 12:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

Mellow and Texas Flood,
Who are your salespersons?
Maybe we should all meet and gang up on them to see if we can get anything out of them. I may go to see them again Saturday some time. I can't even seem to get them to call me back when they say they will.

P.S. It didn't help talking to the Manager. He just gave me some lame excuses
and kept eating his food.
I didn't have that problem 3 years ago when I bought my truck from them.
Old 10/2/04, 08:08 AM
GT Member

Well I only ordered on Monday Sept. 25th, so I will give them 2 weeks or so to get the ball rolling before I start putting some pressure on them. They have been good in the past and I will give them a chance to go through on their word. I did see my order sheet, I was right by the manager when he logged on to the ford website and ordered it, I have a copy of the order printed up with priority 10 on it, so I am not exactly sure what else the dealer can do past that, unless there is another step I am missing.

I will say this, there are way to many dealers in the Houston and surrounding areas to put up with any bs, if it goes 3 weeks with no VIN, no status, not pulled, anything, I will just take my order somewhere else.

I read in another thread that for about 300 bucks(delivery charge)you could order from one of the good guys here on the forum (BEK or Kevin) and have it delivered, which I may do, if things dont go well with Bay area ford. Id rather give them my money for all the great info and insight they have given.
Old 10/2/04, 09:07 AM
V6 Member

At this point I think that I've probably got all the information that they have on my vehicle; it just took quite a bit of effort on my part to get it. It seems like there is only one guy at the dealership who can check the order statuses - if that guy is out, they have no way of getting you any information. One tidbit: they run updated reports once a week late on Wednesday afternoons, so there's no point in checking more often than that.

All this being said, no one there has ever been impolite or less than friendly with me despite my asking a lot of questions and showing up or calling once a week to check status. It seems to me that a "great" dealer would give you information before you asked for it (if you had shown an interest in having it), would call you back when they say they will, would be knowledgeable enough to know that information they have doesn't sound right, and would have multiple people who could access the information in case someone got sick. Unfortunately, I have never heard of a dealer like that in Houston. I grew up in Detroit, and generally had far better experiences with dealers there than I have here.

Quick Reply: Anyone in Texas order a Mustang?