2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone ordered a Mustang in Western Canada?

Search this Thread

Old 10/2/04, 03:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was just wondering if anyone had ordered and heard anything about their vehicle in Western Canada? When I go to the dealers in my area I leave wondering what just happened? They told me nothing...they didn't have any clue? I go home and rnd up doing this.... :bang: Any Help Thanks
Old 10/2/04, 03:54 AM
Cobra R Member

i hear ya...seeing how where at far left corner,im thinking where gonna get ours last :-(

ive been to a couple dealers out here in vancouver and they knew nothing...ive had my best luck with the sales manager at richmond ford,he told me he would keep me informed via email as too when we might at least get in showrooms to have a look...
Old 10/2/04, 08:33 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by tom_vilsack@October 2, 2004, 3:57 AM
i hear ya...seeing how where at far left corner,im thinking where gonna get ours last :-(

ive been to a couple dealers out here in vancouver and they knew nothing...ive had my best luck with the sales manager at richmond ford,he told me he would keep me informed via email as too when we might at least get in showrooms to have a look...
Hello Canucks! Same out here on the east coast. Believe me, you know more than the dealers do! Sales manager says they will be in in 2 weeks, but he does'nt know the war is over. My salseman tells me that when they do come in, they will be msrp! Right! Might have to hold off a bit for a better price! Has anyone been quoted prices in Canada yet? Dan?, Boomer?
Old 10/2/04, 09:03 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am in Victoria and I got a call from my salesman on Wednesday to come in, he has all the pricing. I am heading there now (Saturday) to crunch numbers. With the options I want, the mark up on the car is $3800 so I am going for $1000 over invoice. Any salesmen out there in BC, I will travel for the best deal!!!!

I will post what I come up with. Oh, Suburban is the dealership I am going to.
Old 10/2/04, 09:27 AM
I Have Admin Envy

Another canuck here,

The first batch of Canadian cars will trickle in a bit later than when the americans get their first batch. I heard early November.

I have gotten quotes on the car from two dealers. One dealer said no Xplan, no discount. The other dealer said they may only discount a small amount, but they will take Xplan. I assume this will be the case the first few months.
Old 10/2/04, 09:29 AM
I Have Admin Envy

Originally posted by cop on my back@October 2, 2004, 10:06 AM
With the options I want, the mark up on the car is $3800 so I am going for $1000 over invoice. Any salesmen out there in BC, I will travel for the best deal!!!!

PM 67GTA on our boards, he is a salesman somewhere in Victoria I believe.

You have a good dealer if they will go $1000 over invoice.
Old 10/2/04, 09:33 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey Galaxie, I agree with ya and that kinda bites because getting my car in November was the last thing I planned on. I really hoped to get it in October. I just hope I get a few weeks of driving before the snow falls
Old 10/2/04, 10:14 AM
Mach 1 Member

Sorry guys, here in Victoria I should be able to drive it year round!
Old 10/2/04, 02:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

Well, the dealer here won't budge from MSRP and the trade in offer was nothing short of brutal. So....looks like I am shopping around!
Old 10/2/04, 05:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Galaxie@October 2, 2004, 9:30 AM
Another canuck here,

The first batch of Canadian cars will trickle in a bit later than when the americans get their first batch. I heard early November.

I have gotten quotes on the car from two dealers. One dealer said no Xplan, no discount. The other dealer said they may only discount a small amount, but they will take Xplan. I assume this will be the case the first few months.
Galaxie, Your probably right on with the November timeline. We won't get them before the U.S. About 3 weeks ago, I asked my salseman what 1 would come in at loaded with all the options. He said probably around $38000.00 Canadian. Last week when I asked him, he said msrp. No deals! Has anyone worked out all the options on the gt. in Can. dollars? I just feel to lazy to do it tonight!
Old 10/2/04, 05:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by adrenalin@October 2, 2004, 9:36 AM
Hey Galaxie, I agree with ya and that kinda bites because getting my car in November was the last thing I planned on. I really hoped to get it in October. I just hope I get a few weeks of driving before the snow falls
yeah, that kinda stinks! You would think that ford would send the first shipment to Canada, so we can get to drive them a bit, where we have long winters!
Old 10/2/04, 05:11 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by Merlot+October 2, 2004, 5:05 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Merlot @ October 2, 2004, 5:05 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Galaxie@October 2, 2004, 9:30 AM
Another canuck here,

Galaxie, Your probably right on with the November timeline. We won't get them before the U.S. About 3 weeks ago, I asked my salseman what 1 would come in at loaded with all the options. He said probably around $38000.00 Canadian. Last week when I asked him, he said msrp. No deals! Has anyone worked out all the options on the gt. in Can. dollars? I just feel to lazy to do it tonight! [/b][/quote]
I was thinking our wonderful canadain dealers might try and screw us for msrp only.Why im holding out till at least spring,there is no way im paying 2k more then what ive got worked out for a V6 stang.

When guy said msrp only,was that a salesman,or was it dealships sales manager?
Old 10/2/04, 05:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by tom_vilsack+October 2, 2004, 5:14 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (tom_vilsack @ October 2, 2004, 5:14 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Merlot@October 2, 2004, 5:05 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Galaxie
@October 2, 2004, 9:30 AM
Another canuck here,

Galaxie, Your probably right on with the November timeline. We won't get them before the U.S. About 3 weeks ago, I asked my salseman what 1 would come in at loaded with all the options. He said probably around $38000.00 Canadian. Last week when I asked him, he said msrp. No deals! Has anyone worked out all the options on the gt. in Can. dollars? I just feel to lazy to do it tonight!
I was thinking our wonderful canadain dealers might try and screw us for msrp only.Why im holding out till at least spring,there is no way im paying 2k more then what ive got worked out for a V6 stang.

When guy said msrp only,was that a salesman,or was it dealships sales manager? [/b][/quote]
salseman! not salsemanager !
Old 10/2/04, 05:32 PM
I Have Admin Envy

tom

when I talked to my salespeople, one was the internet sales person, the other was a saleslady when I walked in after going to the parts dept.

According to them, one sales manager said MSRP or nothing. Dealer #2 said maybe very little discounting or Xplan is fine.

Part of the reason for this is most dealers around here are not getting many cars initially and supply and demand takes over as a result.

For Canadians, I think the best bet is to try and order the car in the winter. I can get an Xplan PIN and I doubt I will come close to getting a deal at $700 over invoice, even with grad rebate. Because of that, I will probably order in a few weeks, that way I force myself to save $$.

Here is my order codes & final cost:
Coupe Body Code T82
Mustang GT Order Code 130A
Sonic Blue Clearcoat Metallic SN
Dark Charcoal Leather KW
17" Bright Machined Wheels 64D
Wheel Locking Kit 17L
Active Anti-Theft 14A
Leather Seats K
Interior Upgrade Package 18G

MSRP - $35,910
Xplan - $32,957.60
(dealer invoice + holdback is 32,211) so about $740 over invoice
Old 10/2/04, 09:17 PM

I am seriously thinking about waiting till spring b/c there really isn't any point to getting 1 in the prairies where I'm from. We already have had snow. Tonight is supposed to be -7 and its not looking to get any warmer. So hopefully I'll be able to get a better deal come winter or spring.
Old 10/3/04, 02:11 AM
Cobra R Member

ouch -7 already,gonna be 22 tomm so no complaint here...(vanc)

maybe all us canadains should buy old stangs this winter and wait till spring for 05...what with no hockey this year ahhhhhhhhh!!!!! im gonna need something to fill time,and fixing up a old stang might just be the ticket...
Old 10/3/04, 03:33 AM

That sounds sweet, but I already have a project on the go...don't know if the misses would like another in the garage. She OKs a new pony but another old horse might her on my case. Uh well all the rest of you go right ahead.
Old 10/3/04, 01:24 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I might have missed it some where in the forums (I did a search cannot find) a Canadian price guide Like the american one showing MSRP /Dealer /Invoice and all options / codes /And levels of priceing .Thanks
Old 10/3/04, 02:33 PM
Bullitt Member

Here is an Excel Spreadsheet I created with all the codes & prices (CDN):

Build Your Canadian 2005 Mustang

Adjust your tax for your province accordingly. Be careful the way the tax is calculated. In Quebec, we pay taxes on taxes !! :angry:

Here is a PIC of my potential order for next spring :

BTW, sorry if it has been asked before but what are all those plans (X, Y, Z, etc.) and how can you qualify for them ? :scratch:
Old 10/3/04, 03:27 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks Martin at least this gives me a better idea of what to expect before seeing the dealer

Quick Reply: Anyone ordered a Mustang in Western Canada?