2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Anyone have info on tracking transit on trains etc?

Search this Thread

Old 8/7/06, 04:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone have info on tracking transit on trains etc?

ERL never updated me but called today told its on a ramp in Ohio. Does erl update from here on at all?

If I get a railcar number or something where would I go to track it on in...

please help...

Thanks in advance...

waiting in NJ here...
Old 8/7/06, 05:52 PM
GT Member

I'm wondering the same thing myself. I just got the railcar number.
Old 8/7/06, 06:16 PM
GT Member

I used this website back when I was tracking my railcar in September. I believe you click on New trace and type your railcar # and search. Hopefully I attached this link correctly.

http://c01.my.uprr.com/pet/PetServle...topt=unordered
Old 8/7/06, 06:26 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Whitestang06
I used this website back when I was tracking my railcar in September. I believe you click on New trace and type your railcar # and search. Hopefully I attached this link correctly.

I get an "Invalid STCC Code for Public Trace" with my railcar number. Oh and hack that URL back to the /pet/ Otherwise we are tracking your old car. Which by the way says "parked in driveway, needs to be driven
Old 8/7/06, 06:35 PM
GT Member

I have been tracking my railcar since Sept. Just kidding. I am not sure if it is the way you type the number. Notice my old number had letters if yours did not. I just drove about 800 miles this weekend to Virginia. I am not driving again until I can get all the bugs off the front of my car.
Old 8/7/06, 06:41 PM
GT Member

I have been tracking my railcar since Sept. Just kidding. I am not sure if it is the way you type the number. Notice my old number had letters if yours did not. I just drove about 800 miles this weekend to Virginia. I am not driving again until I can get all the bugs off the front of my car.
I've tried a bunch of variations, but only get this specific error when I type what I was given. If I change a digit or letter I get "No Data Available." So, I'm thinking that the number is right. Mine is ETTX 901227 (tried it with and without a space). I also found another ETTX car online and found it's status without a problem. Man oh man, only meee!
Old 8/7/06, 06:45 PM
GT Member

You might try a search on Blue Oval Forums for Rail Car information as there were alot of posts about different ways to find your train. Good Luck.
Old 8/7/06, 07:14 PM
GT Member

You might try a search on Blue Oval Forums for Rail Car information as there were alot of posts about different ways to find your train. Good Luck.
Thanks for the tip. One thing that I did find interesting is that some of the rail cars over there gave the same error, but others did not.
Old 8/7/06, 07:16 PM
GT Member

I know they look like this http://railfan.ca/miniature/Burlington_West_21.08.04_7059.jpg now!!
Old 8/7/06, 07:26 PM
GT Member

Seems like I may remember that even after I had my railcar number I could not find it immediatly. Maybe your information has just not loaded in the system yet. I know it's painful but it will get there and you wont be able to peel the grin off your face. I still have my grin.
Old 8/8/06, 06:48 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by hojo07
ERL never updated me but called today told its on a ramp in Ohio. Does erl update from here on at all?

If I get a railcar number or something where would I go to track it on in...

please help...

Thanks in advance...

waiting in NJ here...
The problem that you are going to face is that the shipping is handled by many carriers. Union Pacific delivers to the West Coast and they have a good way to track online. CSX delivers along the East Coast and they have squat...
Old 8/8/06, 12:16 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
CSX has a phone number to call in to. That's where your car probably is. That number is 800-235-2352, and there's a nicce tutorial to figure out how to enter the rail car number. My car was coming west, so I followed it on here for a while, then when it stopped updating (it had moved to a union Pacific line) I went back to the web link above and tracked it further there.

Good luck, hope it arrives soon!
Old 8/8/06, 07:16 PM

Thanks guys.... called CS today, nice lady called ramp and they said I should be loaded tommorrow. How long can it be NJ... goes to Neward yard i'm told (yikes)... think it can take a day at most not sure...
once in yard it has to be trucked to dealer about 20 miles away.

Hoping to get rail info tommorrow and will attempt to track somehow.
either way it on its way to its new home.
Old 8/11/06, 05:55 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
In the GT/CS forum, I have some info on my trials and tribulations of tracking the rail cars. I have found a number for Norfolk Southern for tracking for them. 1-800-635-5768. It works like a ERL, only nicer..lol.
Also it seams they can track stuff on other rail lines also. Mine went through three different ones, and I was able to back track for a while. As of 8/10/06 my GT/CS is in the local rail yard ready to be put on a truck to my dealer. looking at pos. monday.
Old 8/11/06, 02:01 PM
V6 Member

I just tried the link, "clicked " on "new trace" link, entered my railcar info and vola! it worked!

Jeff
Old 8/14/06, 03:43 PM
V6 Member

Good evening. Hey - you guys are terrific, don't know where or how you come up with all this info. I got my rail car number from Customer Relationship this morning - called CSX and after listening to the directions thre or four times (slow learner) I found out that my rail car was shipped on Aug 9 and as of Aug 12 is in Sharonville, Ohio. Guess that's good, however message was "bad ordered - no ETA or ETI on this car." I know they are talking about the rail car but does anyone have any idea what bad-ordered means???? FUNNY THING IS - about an hour after I got the rail car number from the CR, y dealer called to tell me the rail car number - duh!!
Old 8/15/06, 04:38 AM
GT Member

Talking

Originally Posted by 66FastbackGT
Good evening. Hey - you guys are terrific, don't know where or how you come up with all this info. I got my rail car number from Customer Relationship this morning - called CSX and after listening to the directions thre or four times (slow learner) I found out that my rail car was shipped on Aug 9 and as of Aug 12 is in Sharonville, Ohio. Guess that's good, however message was "bad ordered - no ETA or ETI on this car." I know they are talking about the rail car but does anyone have any idea what bad-ordered means???? FUNNY THING IS - about an hour after I got the rail car number from the CR, y dealer called to tell me the rail car number - duh!!
Its amazing what you can find out when you have Mustang fever.
Old 8/15/06, 08:24 AM
V6 Member

I just found out my car is "on the ground" waiting to be placed on the truck to the dealer. Man it's great to be able to get all the info, but, tough to wait on other people to get it done when you know it's only a few miles to the dealer. I have been told I "could go to the transport company" and pick up the car but I would be responsible if any damage occured during transport from the factory. So I wait impatiently for the transport company to deliver.
Old 8/15/06, 04:11 PM
V6 Member

Congratulations PapasMachOne!! Gotta be double difficult knowing its so close. If the CSX website is correct there is something wrong with the rail car mine is on. The rail car has been in Sharonville, Ohio since Saturday. I guess my 07 is still on it. Maybe give it another day or so and contact the dealer.

Whitestang06,

You're right on with the Mustang fever!!!
Old 8/15/06, 06:02 PM
GT Member

You guys will have a very large grin soon. Enjoy!!