2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Anyone ever get bored?

Search this Thread

Old 11/19/06, 03:23 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anyone ever get bored?

So I waited for 2+ years after the concept to order and get my Mustang. It's the first brand new car that I've owned, and have been extremely happy with it. Runs great, sounds great, handles great, people always give me compliments, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

But sometimes, I miss my Expedition. And sometimes I wish I had a pickup. And sometimes I wish I had a performance luxury car. You get the drift.

Now I'll be the first to admit that I'm a psycho when it comes to cars, and I have changed cars more than most people have changed preferences for ice cream. But after 26K miles, and the old familiar rattles start to pop up every now and again, and I hear a creak or groan here or there from the suspension, I think "hmmm, maybe it would be nice if I had a..."

Not selling it, not even thinking about it. I'm just wondering if it's just me, or does anyone else ever get that "feeling" towards a different vehicle? Don't say "just buy another car and have both!" because I'm house Capital P Capital O Capital O Capital R. Regardless, anyone else in my boat or am I just a head case?
Old 11/19/06, 03:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Save some money and another ( used)Expedition. They are pretty cheap now. I am glad I kept my Explorer, makes driving the stang that much better
Old 11/19/06, 03:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bored of the Mustang... Heck NO!

If you need a change get some aftermarket parts to liven up what you already have.
Old 11/19/06, 04:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Little Black Pony
Bored of the Mustang... Heck NO!

If you need a change get some aftermarket parts to liven up what you already have.

Good advice. Go-fast parts bring back that new-car thrill.
Old 11/19/06, 05:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

Yeah buy a beater and park the stang for a few weeks, let me tell ya it's awesome!
Old 11/19/06, 05:29 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Not being a daily driver I always look forward to sliding behind the wheel and driving it on the weekends. Lots of compliments and now that there are more GT's on the road I sometimes have GT owners wanting me to pull into a parking lot just so they can ask what I have done to my car. Probably the most fun car I have had in many years. Thanks Ford!
Old 11/19/06, 05:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Rapture
Save some money and another ( used)Expedition. They are pretty cheap now. I am glad I kept my Explorer, makes driving the stang that much better

I'm with ya. Got the 'ole Silverado 4X4 w/ 110K miles inside the garage. We got a Camry for comuter and a 4 Runner 2 WD. The Stang has the best parking place though. I did trade in a 20 foot ski boat and a swimming pool for the Stang. It would be pretty hard if that was the only car I owned though.
Trucks seem to always be useful.
Old 11/19/06, 06:04 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by GRAYPNY
Not being a daily driver I always look forward to sliding behind the wheel and driving it on the weekends. Lots of compliments and now that there are more GT's on the road I sometimes have GT owners wanting me to pull into a parking lot just so they can ask what I have done to my car. Probably the most fun car I have had in many years. Thanks Ford!
This is my situation as well..weekend driving keeps the boredom at bay. I will admit,I'm getting used to the 93 octane tune and wonder what it would be like to have more power but I'm not getting a supercharger..I have 2 small kids and am house poor as well..
my wife has a brand new f150 supercab,so that meets my truck needs...
Old 11/19/06, 06:49 PM
V6 Member

Hey Azoufan do you have any pictures of your white gauges?
Old 11/19/06, 06:57 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
My daily driver is an 06' Freestle LTD.(AWD).It comfy cozy and has a ton of geezer gadgets like bun warmers and a dash board I've yet to figure out.But when the weekend rolls around its Mustang Time! I actually drove the Mustang to work(construction site) the other day and really enjoyed the ride home. I get bored because when the weather gets bad all I can do is tell myself ,"Summer is coming",sure its a long ways off but I can only hope for warm sunny days so I can romp and stomp the ol gas peddle some.
Old 11/19/06, 07:04 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It's not an S-197, but after 10.5 years I still love my 96GT. This is partly due to the fact that I've only put 64K miles on it and 5 years after I got it I added a supercharger. It was like getting a new car again.

I won't miss my jitterery, bone jarring ride (lowered springs and aftermarket shocks) though; and am looking forward to my new stang next year.
Old 11/19/06, 07:14 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I've got my two dream car's. I have a 2001 silverado lifted 10 in and my stang. I never get bored I really love the new linclon navigators and the new yukon denali. A black one lowered on 22in black wheels . I think when me and my f'iance are done paying on her jetta I am going to sell my truck and the jetta and get upgraded
Old 11/19/06, 07:15 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by azoufan
So I waited for 2+ years after the concept to order and get my Mustang. It's the first brand new car that I've owned, and have been extremely happy with it. Runs great, sounds great, handles great, people always give me compliments, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

But sometimes, I miss my Expedition. And sometimes I wish I had a pickup. And sometimes I wish I had a performance luxury car. You get the drift.

Now I'll be the first to admit that I'm a psycho when it comes to cars, and I have changed cars more than most people have changed preferences for ice cream. But after 26K miles, and the old familiar rattles start to pop up every now and again, and I hear a creak or groan here or there from the suspension, I think "hmmm, maybe it would be nice if I had a..."

Not selling it, not even thinking about it. I'm just wondering if it's just me, or does anyone else ever get that "feeling" towards a different vehicle? Don't say "just buy another car and have both!" because I'm house Capital P Capital O Capital O Capital R. Regardless, anyone else in my boat or am I just a head case?
For about a year or so after I bought my house, I only had one vehicle.
Other than that, I have had at least 2 or 3 cars for the past 25 years (I've got 3 now plus the wife's VW turbo).
I can't be bored that way.
Old 11/20/06, 08:48 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Well sometimes I wish I had a car that would actually fit stuff that I buy in it.
Old 11/20/06, 11:31 AM
Bullitt Member

the week after i bought my car, i thought, hmm.. i want a beater truck too... LOL.. i thought i had problems too. I'm in the same boat as you azoufan b/c this is my first NEW car. but literally that week i was thinking hmm.. i want a jeep i can put a slight lift on for beating up in the snow/off-roading etc. so right now i'm dying to get a 96-98 Grand cherokee. but by no means am i bored with the Mustang.. but it does make me want to cry everytime it gets rained on when its parked at the train station.. plus winter is coming. my internal strife is that i keep wanting to buy go-fast parts for the stang when i really need to save for another used truck..

i figure in the long run it might actually save me a few bucks b/c i won't be putting 93 octane in the jeep, i MIGHT get better mpg (cuz i tend to drive my stang very spiritedly), and it actually saves me $50/yr to add a vehicle to my insurance policy as long as theres no collision on the extra vehicle - basically b/c i'd be driving the expensive to replace new mustang 50% less. oh and plus my stang's paint, wear and tear, and mileage would be better
Old 11/20/06, 08:03 PM
Bullitt Member

My "driver" is a 97 Ranger with 130k on it. No way I could get bored driving my stang. Of course, my "new" 2006 already has 16k on it!
Old 11/20/06, 08:26 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Mine is a weekend driver as well...AND the weather has to be good. So the novelty has not worn off yet. Typically I would get bored, as I usually do with everything else, but as explained, the thrill is still there... For me, the car is more of a toy than a conveyance.
Old 11/20/06, 09:14 PM
FR500 Member

well its understandable cuz people r different but there hasnt been a day where i have sat in that car and been tired of it. u see so many of the same cars on the road everyday everyone with their lexus and mercedes and this and that around here in jersey and i mean year i see plenty of mustangs but honestly i feel like im 1 in a million on the road. just the fact that i have some power at my finger tips and just to be behind the wheel of an absolute masterpiece and a car that people drool over and its just a ford...well that tells u something. i run skip and hop to my car in excitement cuz im just glad to be owning something like it. honestly, if u think about it, it really is an amazing machine
Old 11/21/06, 05:20 AM
GT Member

I bought my vert as a toy or something to pass along to the boys maybe...(not). But 5 months after we bought mine, my wife wanted one. So we traded her low mileage 98 Navigator and now have two Mustangs, I still have a 91 POS Acura Integra I drive to work everyday and a 93 Chevy 2500 4x4 that I keep at the shop to haul stuff for work. But when it comes to taking a weekend get away with the wife and 2 boys the only option is the Mustang. The Navigator had it beat hands down for this chore. So I guess the logical thing to do is get rid of the Acura and find an older SUV to fill in the hole.

But to say bored with my Mustangs, no way.
Old 11/21/06, 05:34 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

I drive the crap out of both my mustangs. I love the (good)attention I get in mine.

Wouldn't say bored, I will say I need more space sometimes.I have fit some amazing things in my car, but sometimes there just isn't room.
I have gotten trees, patio sets, big Tvs, Guitars................

Quick Reply: Anyone ever get bored?