2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Anybody stuck in"shipped by convoy carrier"?

Search this Thread

Old 3/9/05, 05:56 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
It shipped via convoy carrier 3/1. My initial ETA was 3/12 and then it was bumped up to 3/9. The car won't make either one of those ETA's. In fact it doesn't look like it'll even be close. I'm tracking the railcar and it's been in IN for the past week. with it's next destination being Flatrock.

With all the rumors about railcar shortages, I was wondering how many other people's cars are in limbo like mine.
Old 3/9/05, 06:00 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I was to convoy 3/1 and then to rail 3/3... South Florida. Looking at ETA 3/20, but dealer says this week... who knows.(?)
Old 3/9/05, 06:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mine has been in that status since 3/3. Who are you contacting to get actual rail car status info?
Old 3/9/05, 06:02 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
How are you tracking a railcar? Does CSX or whichever rail carrier have a tracking service?
Old 3/9/05, 06:04 PM
GT Member

I've been "Shipped by Convoy Carrier" since February 16th. So I finally got tired of hearing the same thing for weeks and decided I'd speak to the analyst on the 800 number. She told me that it is in a quality hold? :scratch:

Not sure whats going on.
Old 3/9/05, 06:12 PM
GT Member

I got the "rail car" excuse and the "quality control" line yesterday, only to hear today the car isn't even built!

Everyday is a new and different excuse on why it's not ready.

:angry: :bang: :bang: :bang: :flame2:

I feel better now!
Old 3/9/05, 06:15 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by bigfoot1141@March 9, 2005, 6:15 PM
I got the "rail car" excuse and the "quality control" line yesterday, only to hear today the car isn't even built!

So who told you today that the car wasn't even built? Did the analyst say this? What the heck is going on at Ford?
Old 3/9/05, 07:18 PM
GT Member

My car has been stuck on "convoy carrier" since Feb. 5. I have called customer service 12 times and written emails twice with no answer about what is going on. I finally found someone with a friend who works in quality control. My car was pulled off the line for inspection and placed in a holding lot with no orders to ship it. Supposedly, they are going to put it on a train today and ship it to be here in 10-14 days. That would make it one day short of six months since I ordered the car.
If I wouldn't have run into this person, I would have no hope of getting it anytime soon. And I'm still not convinced it's coming.
Old 3/9/05, 07:47 PM

To track the rail car, first you need the rail car #. Only way I know to get it is from the dealer. I think it's on their daily status report. Ask Karpro. He gave me mine since he's my dealer.
Here's the link to the websit where you can track the car.
http://c01.my.uprr.com/pet/PetServlet.jas?...rtopt=unordered

OCD, looks like you're definitely ahead of me now. It was a blessing in disguise that your build week got put back to 2/28. If it would have stayed bumped up with mine, you might have to wait as long as I will... FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(Yeah, I'm getting a littled pissed off)
Old 3/9/05, 07:59 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by StangNut@March 9, 2005, 9:50 PM

OCD, looks like you're definitely ahead of me now. It was a blessing in disguise that your build week got put back to 2/28. If it would have stayed bumped up with mine, you might have to wait as long as I will... FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(Yeah, I'm getting a littled pissed off)
The whole system's poor IMO, right from order to delivery. For 3 bucks, UPS can ship something and I can track it every step of the way. For 30,000 bucks, Ford can't track a 3,400 pound car. You're built before me, shipped out the same time, and I get my car, further away, first. :scratch: Hopefully it's only a matter of days now.
Old 3/9/05, 08:40 PM
V6 Member

Yeah I'm stuck in the convoy carrier since 3/2. Talked to the dealer and they dont have a railcar # yet, It was supposed to arrive this Friday, looks like another weekend without the convertible.... :bang:
Old 3/9/05, 08:43 PM
Queen Of Nascar

If it makes you feel any better, my status was still shipped to convoy and my car was at the dealership. I'm not so sure about their update system.
Good Luck to all waiting.
Old 3/9/05, 10:42 PM

Just called. It's on the train according to the robot lady. Rail car still seems to be in IN. The trucking company that will get it after the train doesn't have a record of it yet.
I really don't want to be surprised by it's arrival. I'm the one who will be checking the car in and signing for it. And sometimes they drop them after hours. That would stink!
Old 3/10/05, 07:38 AM

I'm in South Florida as well and mine is stuck somewhere. Dealer told me 1500 cars were stuck and didnt have a delivery date yet. All I know for sure was that it is built and was pulled for testing on Feb 22...
Old 3/10/05, 08:19 AM
Mach 1 Member

I'm sure most of you know the process by now (convoy to rail to convoy to dealership). What my educated guess is (from experience) is that Ford will list it as shipped the day after it is built. They give custody of the car to the carrier. Unfortunately, with the shortage of railcars, some cars are piling up at storage facilities. Often that is where the car will get lost in the mix. They don't care which car got there first. They just fill the available railcars and off they go. I sat in convoy carrier status for almost 3 weeks. Finally I changed to rail-carrier so I knew the car had left MI. Unfortunately I still have not seen it, but it should be here any day.
Old 3/10/05, 08:32 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Convoy carrier here as well.
Old 3/10/05, 10:40 AM

Sorry, I didn't make it clear. I realize it goes convoy, rail, convoy. In fact I have already contacted the final convoy carrier to try to find it. I've heard too many stories about people who's status was well behind where the car was actually located. Like their status is released from plant and the car arrived yesterday. I'd hate for the car to come in after hours so I'd really like to know when the "local" carrier gets it.
Old 3/10/05, 10:57 AM

Originally posted by StangNut@March 10, 2005, 12:43 PM
Sorry, I didn't make it clear. I realize it goes convoy, rail, convoy. In fact I have already contacted the final convoy carrier to try to find it. I've heard too many stories about people who's status was well behind where the car was actually located. Like their status is released from plant and the car arrived yesterday. I'd hate for the car to come in after hours so I'd really like to know when the "local" carrier gets it.
Stagnut, I feel your pain. Mine has been sitting in Jessup Maryland since march 1 and was told by the dealer yeasterday they had 15 car there. Now today they said that 8 were released but mine was not on the truck. They also said 3 more autos come in yeasterday so they still have 10 cars to get to the dealership. I am getting UPSET too. I ordered Nov. 4. :angry:
Old 3/10/05, 11:07 AM
Mach 1 Member

I'm still in this stage also. I called customer service today and all they could tell me my car had been moved by haul away carrier. They couldn't tell me if it was going to go by rail or if it had reached the rail yard. The sales manager told me last night all their cars go by rail. Seems like I have a ways to go before it gets here.

Added: I think my distribution point is Jessup also. I am in the same vicinity of PA as Hellcat6 and he heard from his dealer that his distribution point is Jessup.
Old 3/10/05, 11:21 AM
Mach 1 Member

Steve,

I talked to the driver last night when the car was dropped off. It did indeed come from Jessup.

I only have my limited experience, but here it is. Convoy, rail, ramp then final convoy. Ford does indeed seem to be at least a day or two behind on status all along the trip. Like Wendy, I hit the ramp on March 1st. I pick my car up today but called today just for fun and the fembot says I am still at the ramp. Since it is a simple, less then a day trip from as least some ramps to final destination, it is very likely you may never hear that last convoy status and delivery could be a surprise. I suppose someone at the dealer normally knows when a truck is due in.

Grinch173 - pulled for testing on 22 Feb? That sounds like quality hold. Sorry to say but that seems to normally result in further delays. But you will have a thoroughly inspected car in the end.

Quick Reply: Anybody stuck in"shipped by convoy carrier"?