2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Any scratches or dings yet?

Search this Thread

Old 11/11/04 | 01:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

Just wonering how many if any on here have their new mustangs and have got a ding or a scratch in it already? I have to believe I'll be parking at the back of the parking lot to keep away from the shopping carts and other car doors--at least for a while anyway.
Old 11/11/04 | 02:19 PM
Cobra R Member

Jason, what color interior are you gonna get with the 'Torch Red'? Jay Leno got the Red on Red......and my local dealer has this same combo coming in next week. I will wait impatiently for my Silver on Red.......
Old 11/11/04 | 03:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Giddyup@November 11, 2004, 3:22 PM
Jason, what color interior are you gonna get with the 'Torch Red'? Jay Leno got the Red on Red......and my local dealer has this same combo coming in next week. I will wait impatiently for my Silver on Red.......
I'm going for a red on red combo. That interior was love at first sight for me.

Silver will look great too though! That's probably my second choice but I already have a silver f-150 so I wanted something different.
Old 11/11/04 | 03:56 PM
Queen Of Nascar

No dings or dents here yet, knock on wood!!
I always park waaaaaaaaaay out in the parking lot and never fail, I will come back and all these parking spaces are all around and someone will be right next to me. They must think its cool to park next to it but it kinda ticks me off. I will probably park far away for a long time.
Old 11/11/04 | 04:44 PM
Mach 1 Member

I just noticed a chip in the windshield. Very small for now.

:angry:
Old 11/11/04 | 04:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Donna@November 11, 2004, 4:59 PM
I always park waaaaaaaaaay out in the parking lot and never fail, I will come back and all these parking spaces are all around and someone will be right next to me. They must think its cool to park next to it but it kinda ticks me off. I will probably park far away for a long time.
My wife is terrible about parking close to the store. She will drive back and forth to find the very closest spot. It drives me friggin nuts! Not because I'm afraid of someone bumping into our explorer but come on what's extra 30 foot walk. The stang will be a different story though. Needless to say I will be driving *and parking* the stang when we go shopping. B)
Old 11/11/04 | 07:40 PM
Cobra Member

My trick is to find a right end spot next to the curb. If the driver of the car that parks next to you, doesn't have a passenger, this minimizes the chance of a door opening on your car. I have a great relationship with one of the dent removal places in my area. They've never let me down. I asked them about the aluminum hoods and they said dents could carefully be removed from them too, if you happen to get hit on the hood by a stone.
Old 11/11/04 | 07:48 PM
Mach 1 Member

I drive my car....alot.... always have all ways will...
I've got more than 3-thousand miles on it and....
YES I have some small stone chips in the front....
Great Ford Paint....??
I had a Vette... 100-Thousand plus miles... nothing....
Old 11/12/04 | 07:38 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by Donna@November 11, 2004, 4:59 PM
I used to know people that would see someone parked far away in atempt to protect their car, then they would park really close to them just to be a jerk.

Ahh the joys of being young and inmature. Those days are long gone.

I usually park towards the end also. Not out in the boonies, just not in the first spot. I like to walk so I don't mind parking farther out. Usually I can park and get in the store faster than the guy circling around 100 times looking for that one spot closer.
Old 11/12/04 | 08:32 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Kluski@November 12, 2004, 8:41 AM
I usually park towards the end also. Not out in the boonies, just not in the first spot. I like to walk so I don't mind parking farther out. Usually I can park and get in the store faster than the guy circling around 100 times looking for that one spot closer.
It works for me too, but it is hard to convince the person riding with you that you really save time by parking further away and walking a little, rather than circling the parking lot for a space closer to the door like a vulture looking for a meal.
Old 11/12/04 | 09:15 AM
Mach 1 Member

I still and will park far away. I saw a bunch of seagulls swarming really close. They must have liked the car too!
Old 11/12/04 | 10:41 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Kluski+November 12, 2004, 8:41 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Kluski @ November 12, 2004, 8:41 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Donna@November 11, 2004, 4:59 PM
I used to know people that would see someone parked far away in atempt to protect their car, then they would park really close to them just to be a jerk.

Ahh the joys of being you an inmature. Those days are long gone.

I usually park towards the end also. Not out in the boonies, just not in the first spot. I like to walk so I don't mind parking farther out. Usually I can park and get in the store faster than the guy circling around 100 times looking for that one spot closer. [/b][/quote]
You think that's immutaure. I once found a burn mark on my 2002's spoiler where some jackhiney had put out their cigeriatt. All I can say is that if I see someone doing that to my car. They will finally understand just how dangerous smoking can be to their health.

On another note. I work at a Wal-Mart Supercenter that is surrounded by a hill. And down at the end of the parking lot where employees are supossed to park there are pretty big rocks. And I have heard stories from other walmart asociates about people comeing down the hill & throwing rocks onto their cars. Again. If I see this then they will know exactly what a rock is when I am finished.

So, no matter where I park it seems as though I amputting my car in harms way. I had rather park closer & deal with a few dings & scratches. I mean you can always buy a ding king & touch up paint.

Good luck with the cars guys. Cheers mates
Old 11/12/04 | 06:08 PM
Bullitt Member

When I finally get my new Mustang I hope I don't have the same experience I had when I had my '91 Firebird. I'm driving thru New Hope. Those in eastern PA know this is a nice drive to break in your new car. Scenic winding roads, nice shops. etc. Well I'm stopped at a red light when a horse & carriage comes up directly behind me. While waiting for the light to change, the horse starts chewing on my rear spoiler :shock:
Old 11/13/04 | 07:37 AM
Queen Of Nascar

Originally posted by jimascenz@November 12, 2004, 8:11 PM
When I finally get my new Mustang I hope I don't have the same experience I had when I had my '91 Firebird. I'm driving thru New Hope. Those in eastern PA know this is a nice drive to break in your new car. Scenic winding roads, nice shops. etc. Well I'm stopped at a red light when a horse & carriage comes up directly behind me. While waiting for the light to change, the horse starts chewing on my rear spoiler :shock:
:shock: is right!! I was going to say a pony chewing on a pony but I see it was a Firebird. That would be bad.
Old 11/13/04 | 11:28 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Donna@November 13, 2004, 10:40 AM
:shock: is right!! I was going to say a pony chewing on a pony but I see it was a Firebird. That would be bad.
LOL. I can understand there being a rivalry between Mustang & Firebird owners. But when the actual species gets in on the act, I have to surrender :worship:
Old 11/13/04 | 12:38 PM
FR500 Member

i learned from my dad about parking next to the end spot with the curb. i always used to be like "DAD WE HAVE TO WALK SOO FAR"!! it could be the middle of winter and he would still do it. then he explained to me when i was able to understand that people would be less likely to damage it and his cars r always in perfect condition. now i will take after him. and parking too far is a risk too cuz people may go near it since its in the open