2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Anti-Theft Shortage....

Search this Thread

Old 9/14/05, 09:00 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

A little background first. I haven't really posted here much, but I read pretty much every day. I have been waiting since early June for my 2006 Vista Blue Mustang GT. As of right now, I am still C/U from my original dealer in Indiana. :bang: 2 weeks ago I went home to Michigan and ordered another Mustang from a dealer there (I got a recommendation to talk to Mary Waxer at Varsity Ford, but I can't remember if it was on this board or StangNet). She has been really great and is pushing my order as fast as she can b/c of the competition from the original dealer. Anyways, this dealer has a HUGE allocation and she told me today that they could get it pulled this week if I was willing to give up the active anti-theft because there is a shortage of that at Ford. If I do this, there is a good chance that I could finally have my GT about 3 weeks from now, resulting in a whole bunch of these Do you guys think that I should stick with my original order and wait it out, or just bite the bullet and skip the anti-theft? Is this system really worth it for the price (X-Plan)???
Old 9/14/05, 09:05 AM
Cobra R Member

Jason, have you been told approx. how long a wait it would be if you held out for the active anti-theft? You may want to consider grabbing the car now if the wait could be long, and then installing it later.
Old 9/14/05, 09:07 AM
GT Member

She didn't know how long that it could take. It could be as early as next week (that's what I'm hoping for). I don't really like the idea of installing it later. It just seems like the factory installed package will be a benefit in the long run, but I am SOOOOO sick of waiting.
Old 9/14/05, 10:21 AM
Queen Of Nascar

I have read that you can install an aftermarket system that is better.

Welcome & Good Luck!!
Old 9/14/05, 07:52 PM
GT Member

Normally I'd wait to get the car with all the options I want, but that's probably one of the few options I would sacrifice to get the car quicker and install something aftermarket.

Consider yourself lucky to have a dealer who is working hard for you!
Old 9/14/05, 11:08 PM

I decided to skip the active theft on the car I just ordered a couple of days ago in the hope of speeding things up. But then again, I also believe that locks and alarms only keep honest people honest. If somebody wants my car bad enough, I don't think a loud noise would stop him/her.

Now, if I got some fancy after-market alarm that would message me somehow when my car was being stolen, I would not have to wait to know that I need to find another way home.

In the end, it is you who will have to live with the choice, not some people on the internet. Or maybe this will be an early Christmas present for me?

-tbone
Old 9/15/05, 03:57 AM
Cobra Member

the real question you should ask yourself is do you want your wires cut to install a after market system..you may never have electrical problems but you never know...that`s the main reason i got every option..everything is factory and covered under warranty
Old 9/15/05, 11:18 AM
GT Member

I think I have decided to wait it out since I've waited this long for the darn thing. I just hope the supply jumps back up in a week or two. And yes, I am very grateful for having a helpful dealer. Thanks for the replies.
Old 9/15/05, 04:29 PM
Bullitt Member

My GT just slipped this morning to week of 3 Oct. Maybe my AAT caused it . I'll wait. I originally prepped myself for Thanksgiving so any earlier is gravy.....
Old 9/16/05, 11:13 AM
V6 Member

Get it now. I did the same thing in August when my dealer said if I delete anti theft it would be built that allocation period. I did it and had my GT home on Sep 10th. If you wait, there might be a commodity issue on something else. As someone already stated, that is one option I didn't mind giving up. As far as cutting into your wires, if you look at the Ford install for their code alarm unit they have to cut into some wires as well. As long as it is a good alarm installed by a reputable installer you will be good to go. 2 way paging with remote start is what I bought. It tells me temp inside car and what zones are triggered. Also someone can page me by tapping on the windshield (Have not found a use for that yet)
Old 9/16/05, 12:46 PM
GT Member

Well, my original order from the dealer in Indiana (The one in MI is the one that said there is a shortage on Anti Theft) got serialized today!!!! The order from MI did not get serialized. I'm just gonna wait it out for a week or two until I get an actual build date. How long after you got serialized did it take for you to get a build date or week?
Old 9/16/05, 01:27 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by atomicskiier01@September 16, 2005, 1:49 PM
Well, my original order from the dealer in Indiana (The one in MI is the one that said there is a shortage on Anti Theft) got serialized today!!!! The order from MI did not get serialized. I'm just gonna wait it out for a week or two until I get an actual build date. How long after you got serialized did it take for you to get a build date or week?
I got my build date the day after I was serialized.
Old 9/16/05, 10:29 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by ualpow@September 16, 2005, 1:16 PM
Get it now. I did the same thing in August when my dealer said if I delete anti theft it would be built that allocation period. I did it and had my GT home on Sep 10th. If you wait, there might be a commodity issue on something else. As someone already stated, that is one option I didn't mind giving up. As far as cutting into your wires, if you look at the Ford install for their code alarm unit they have to cut into some wires as well. As long as it is a good alarm installed by a reputable installer you will be good to go. 2 way paging with remote start is what I bought. It tells me temp inside car and what zones are triggered. Also someone can page me by tapping on the windshield (Have not found a use for that yet)
There was no AAT shortage in August. I had a car scheduled for 8/29 with AAT which was built on time and will be here within a week.

Wonder if dealers are trying to drum up business for their aftermarket installers...
Old 9/17/05, 07:15 AM
GT Member

I feel really comfortable with this dealer and can pretty much guarantee that they are being honest. They didn't even offer me the option of anything aftermarket. They took X-Plan without question and pushed my order through as fast as possible.
Old 9/17/05, 08:45 AM
NJ3
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Is the "Vehicle Security System" listed on page 7 of the 2006 Mustang Accessory Catalog the same system as the factory installed system?
Old 9/17/05, 09:39 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by DiamondBlue@September 16, 2005, 10:32 PM
There was no AAT shortage in August. I had a car scheduled for 8/29 with AAT which was built on time and will be here within a week.

Wonder if dealers are trying to drum up business for their aftermarket installers...
Commodities can be short by region according to isellford. They might be available in one place but not another. I am pretty sure how that's how he described it.
Old 9/17/05, 09:46 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by NJ3@September 17, 2005, 8:48 AM
Is the "Vehicle Security System" listed on page 7 of the 2006 Mustang Accessory Catalog the same system as the factory installed system?
Look here for info http://www.fordfad.com/documents/powercode_base.pdf
Old 9/17/05, 01:06 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by ualpow@September 17, 2005, 11:42 AM
Commodities can be short by region according to isellford. They might be available in one place but not another. I am pretty sure how that's how he described it.
OK, hadn't considered that. Since everything is built in the same plant, wonder why commodities would be region sensitive, but if Ed says so, I'll take his word.
Old 9/26/05, 12:10 PM
GT Member

I ordered this past Saturday, and today I get a call from my salesperson about material holds. She claims that the Active Anti-Theft and the MANUAL 5-SPEED have material holds on them. Therefore my order would be delayed and I would get it in mid December, which is a total change from the "You'll have it in 3-4 weeks..." she gave me this past weekend.
Old 9/26/05, 01:05 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Strange. My V6 Pony was built 10 days ago with Active Alarm. I was never told there was a Material Hold.

Quick Reply: Anti-Theft Shortage....