2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Another soon to be '06 GT Owner!

Search this Thread

Old 3/10/06, 10:57 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Well, I finally broke down and decided to order a '06 GT.

When I first saw the concept car I told my wife that it would be the first new car I would purchase (if they build it). So... Can't back out on that promise. I am 37 and everyone seems to think I have waited long enough to buy a new car, so I figured I better do it while I can! I have had several Mustangs over the years. 76,77,78,80,83,84,88 (not in that order), and current car is a '95.

They placed the order on February 27th and I got a call from them today with the VIN # and they told me that they expect it to arrive the week of March 27th! Sounds more like it should be the build week. Hmmm... This dealer has been easy to work with. If everything continues to go smoothly, it will have been an awesome experience. They gave me no crap, were straight with the numbers, and worked a trade deal that they were willing to stick to while my car gets built. 2 other major dealers in my area would not lock numbers for me.

Redfire Met with Charcoal int. I stuck with the Satin IUP as I plan on adding a little aluminum trim to brighten it up a little. No spoiler and just the standard Bullit wheels (I just really like those).

I need to find a good shop for stripes now too. I may see how much it will cost to have them painted on.

Just wanted to share and didn't want to ride on the 40 page thread. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
Old 3/12/06, 09:21 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ttbit @ March 10, 2006, 10:00 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Well, I finally broke down and decided to order a '06 GT.
Just wanted to share and didn't want to ride on the 40 page thread. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/welcome3.gif[/img] Don!

I have to be honest, just about every question you may have (or will have) about ordering, the build process, tracking that process, railcar tracking, etc. etc. will be answered in that 40 page thread. How do I know that? Well, I'm one of the contributors to that thread.

So if you have the time, pull up a comfy chair and start here. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 3/12/06, 09:55 AM
NJ3
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Kewl, kind of like the one I ordered!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool.gif[/img]