2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Am I getting BS`ed

Search this Thread

Old 2/18/05, 08:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After going to the Chicago auto show and talking to 4 different salesman from different dealers around Chi I got an offer of $500 under MSRP and 4-6 weeks delievery on a ordered GT. The other dealers at the show were at MSRP and 90 days. The salesman I talked to was from a town about 50 miles from where I live so I went to a local dealer and asked about delievery time and was told 4-6 weeks, after he met the $500 under MSRP offer, I agreed to order the car. As I was doing the paperwork the salesman came back and asked if I could take the car earlier. He explained that there was a order in the pipeline and that they could change the specs to the options I wanted and the car would be here in 3-4 weeks. Is this true ? or am I getting a line of crap ? Can a dealer do this with car they have been alloted. This sounds to good to be true. By the way, they had a GT prem with just a auto added on the showroom floor the sticker said 26675 and the price of the car said 31000
Old 2/18/05, 08:15 AM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Yes, it's true. They can make changes up until the order is actually pulled.
$500 under MSRP doesn't sound to great though.
Old 2/18/05, 08:21 AM
Bullitt Member

I guess I don't see why not. When I went in to order my dealer let me look through their book of stock orders already in system. There were several close matches however, close is not what I wanted.
Old 2/18/05, 08:24 AM
Bullitt Member

Also, there were two orders that people had walked out on. Both were V6's again, not what I wanted.
Asking to see what unclaimed cars are already on order seems like a good way to get your car a little sooner.
Old 2/18/05, 08:30 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The only time they can really lock you in a date is when it has been serialized. Once that happens though, there is no changing the order. Then things change. Quality control gets there hands on your car or 6 more inches of snow gets dumped on the ground somewhere between here and there. I was promised I would have my order before the 23rd of this month.
The evil recorder lady says they will build it on the 28th.
I guess it will be a belated birthday present.
Who know how long the wait will be after that.

I guess I am trying to say dont get tooo hung up on promises from different salesmen over delivery times.

Grabbing someone elses abandoned order could cut a few weeks off though
Old 2/18/05, 08:41 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
They can make changes to an order however I believe it does reflect on the build date. Each time I made a change, and I made 2, it bumped my order.
Old 2/18/05, 11:02 AM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
It's not supposed to.