2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Almost did it

Search this Thread

Old 11/13/04, 07:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Only waiting for Monday now. But having bought my 04 Mach1 in July and at that time trying to decide wether to wait on the new 05 GT I finally gave in and went to the dealer. They had only 1, a torchfire red GT. By trading mine I will end up owing around 8500.00 plus tax. ( Seems the Mach 1 just isn't worth as much to the dealer when they buy them back!! ) Funny thing is the dealer trying to act like they know so much about the cars, when we know more than they do from this site! LOL However as late as it was have to wait till Monday for the bank to be open and give the final ok on the deal. Still kind of torn on if I should go through with it. My thoughts are I love the inside better on the 05, yet love my shaker hood. And having drove both the Mach really does have more power, which of course I knew but it seems or feels like alot more. Well alot to think on till Monday huh? The handling is alot better for sure.
Old 11/13/04, 07:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

Personally, I'd wait. Unless the money is really no issue to you, no car is worth taking an 8500 dollar hit on just to upgrade to a one year newer vehicle. At least wait a year before selling your current vehicle yourself. By retailing it yourself you'll get a higher price and there will be enough Stangs on lots in a year that you can find the one you want without difficulty.

Jason
Old 11/13/04, 07:27 PM
Banned

Or sell the car privately, or to a different dealer. You shouldn't be losing 8500+ on the deal in less than 6 months.
Old 11/13/04, 07:31 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I would enjoy the Mach for a couple years and pick up the next SE that comes along. Its too soon to trade. The Mach is one of the few Fox's I would still like, it really shines out of all of them. Wait it out, the Mach still rocks!

As for same-year values, you always have to figure the invoice minus holdback, minus all possible rebates offered through the year(the largest was 4000) is the maximum it could possibly be worth wholesale, so that would be about 6000 under invoice. From a person that is supposed to tell you 'GREAT!!' I would say hold out. Otherwise put your car up for sale for a price that you can live with and take your time selling it.
Old 11/13/04, 07:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

:nono: See wahat happens when you get impatient!!!!

Ya shoulda waited and preordered an 05 GT than get the Mach. The 05 is nice, but I'd keep the Mach if I were you cuz down the line it'll be worth a lot and would be a highly collectible car. But what's more important to you...having an 05 GT that everyone and their grandma will own or driving an 04 Mach 1, where in a few months you know won't be too many of those on the road? JMO though. B)
Old 11/13/04, 07:43 PM
Banned

I think the most important question is: can you take an 05 GT without much trouble? Or is it close? Because if its close, once they get modded that mach won't look so hot.
Old 11/13/04, 07:44 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by RollingStoneStang@November 13, 2004, 6:20 PM
They had only 1, a torchfire red GT.
Do you mean 'Torch Red' or 'Redfire'? I know the dilemma you are facing......it's the same kinda crazy that most of the country is under right now: The New Pony is a Ford HOMERUN.....
Old 11/13/04, 07:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

Another important fact that you might want to take into consideration is the price of both cars. Are you willing to take the 05 GT and pay nearly $30K for it with dealer mark-ups, even though it is just a "GT"? Or do you feel that for almost, if not less than what you would pay for the 05, you get a limited S.E. with almost equal peformance and the best thing is that it puts the exclamation point at the end of a model run....meaning...would you rather live with an exclusive car that you know won't be too many of? Think about it....both are great, but one will have better value at the end than the other.
Old 11/13/04, 08:27 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by 03muzzy6@November 13, 2004, 6:59 PM
Another important fact that you might want to take into consideration is the price of both cars. Are you willing to take the 05 GT and pay nearly $30K for it with dealer mark-ups, even though it is just a "GT"? Or do you feel that for almost, if not less than what you would pay for the 05, you get a limited S.E. with almost equal peformance and the best thing is that it puts the exclamation point at the end of a model run....meaning...would you rather live with an exclusive car that you know won't be too many of? Think about it....both are great, but one will have better value at the end than the other.
Good points Buddy..... but tomorrows aren't guaranteed for any of us. I'm not saying impulsive is the way of the day, but live for the day, and own the one that is the most fun now IMO.
Old 11/13/04, 08:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Giddyup+November 13, 2004, 9:30 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Giddyup @ November 13, 2004, 9:30 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-03muzzy6@November 13, 2004, 6:59 PM
Good points Buddy..... but tomorrows aren't guaranteed for any of us. I'm not saying impulsive is the way of the day, but live for the day, and own the one that is the most fun now IMO. [/b][/quote]
True....I agree with you 100%. I mean, if you had a choice between an 04 Mach 1 and an 05 GT, which would you pick? Both are great cars, have almost equal performance and price, and both are very fun to drive....it really is a hard choice, isn't it? For me though...I would definately pick the Mach 1 over the 05 anyday. Not that I don't like it at all (05 GT), I know with a few mods that it will certainly kick the Mach's butt, but it's the fact that 04 is an S.E. that really makes it interesting and that once they're gone - they're gone! But then again...who am I to make that call, since I have neither 05 or Mach 1.

RollingStone.....just sayin that since you have the Mach right now, you should just keep it a while until it grows on you more. I mean you've only had it since July right? I'd say keep it for a couple years, mod it out and have some fun in it (not that you haven't had already), but let the car grow to be boring and dull, which will make you want more later. JMO. B) Have fun with whatever car you decide to go with!