2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air Conditioner

Search this Thread

Old 12/7/05, 10:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So, I was ecstatic the day my dealer called (Sept 26.), and said my mustang had arrived (VB GT Loaded). I got it on a Wednesday and decided to make the 2+ hour drive to San Antonio to surprise my girlfriend with a dinner date. On my way back home, about 1 hour into the drive the a/c stopped blowing cold air. Within 5 minutes it stopped blowing air all together. I had less than 200 miles on it. Drove it straight to Ford. Dealer kept it 3 days only to say they couldn't reproduce the problem. I chalked it up to engine and computer components working itself out. Sure enough, I took a trip to Austin, also 2+ hours, and the a/c stops about an hour into the trip. I forget to mention this is October, and can still reach high 90's on a near everyday basis. This time I take it to dealer on my return trip to Victoria, and I leave the car running so that they can see for themselves that the a/c is not working properly. Again, I leave the car for about 3-4 days. They replaced part, I believe the compressor,I have the records at home. I feel good this time because I believed the service guy to have a genuine interest in my vehicle. As you probably have guessed, I now have a Lincoln town car in my parking spot, and the car is at the dealer again. I love everything about the car, plus its my first new car. All I want is a working stang with cold air when its hot, as it often is in Texas, plus I have leather. Does the a/c problem fall under the lemon law in Texas? I find it greatly undervalues the car, as per statute.

Opinions greatly appreciated!