2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Aggression towards my Mustang?

Search this Thread

Old 7/20/06 | 05:10 PM
Cobra R Member

Ok, I have to add to this post. The other day I'm stopped at a light, and some idiot behind me in a Chevy Blazer or something starts attempting to "burnout" behind me, and I can see his car just lurching forward in my rearview. I was pissed cause that *** coulda hit me. I didn't see the point in wasting any gas (or rubber) in showing him up, so I just proceeded normally and ignored him. What a SPAZZ!!
Old 7/20/06 | 05:34 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I get that all the time at stoplights. Ricer will pull up next to me in his park bench and fart-can outfitted Civic/Integra/Kia and start revving obnoxiously, sounding for all the world like a lawnmower on crack.

Reverse baseball-hatted punk behind the wheel glares at me and revs even more. Light turns green, rice-mobile snarls and farts as he floors it and tries to race me. They sure will red line their P.O.S. ricer garbage in the most idiotic locations in order to try to feel superior!

I usually just point and laugh at them and let them go. If they are glaring at me I will usually mouth the word "rice" and shake my head sorrowfully. One of these days I'm hoping one of those rice boys will either drive into a tree or blow by a cop in their attempt to "beat" the Mustang.

Utterly pathetic.
Old 7/20/06 | 05:44 PM
GT Member

I seem to get a lot of drivers who drive AT me. I got a lot of beemers, dodge trucks, and ricers in the first few months with my car. Now I get buzzed, rev'ed at or baited to race by chargers and those caddilac CTS's (4-door and 2-door versions). I also have a 6.0 GTO nemesis on my way to work that likes to rev at me while he flies by as I'm stopped in traffic. Someday I'm going to squash that fly!
Old 7/20/06 | 06:41 PM
Team Mustang Source

In Hartford 84E merges over 4 lanes to route 2 and there are also 2 lanes of traffic entering on ramps in the same place.
I had a old Galant beat to heck almost push me back into 84 East.
I also had a large VAN try to race me , I just laughed.
Cars try to follow mine...must admit also guilty of that but only to a point for a minute.
FORD truck drivers are always polite and thumbs up.
Everyone wants a race or a burnout. or to run you off the road.
Old 7/20/06 | 06:59 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by SonicStanGirl
I also have a 6.0 GTO nemesis on my way to work that likes to rev at me while he flies by as I'm stopped in traffic. Someday I'm going to squash that fly!
I'm not sure what you're running, but my money is on the GTO. I know. My brother handed me my azz last Saturday night in his 2006. He didn't smoke me, but beat me in every contest we had (0-60, 5-60, 30-80, you name it).
Old 7/20/06 | 09:06 PM
I Have No Life

And you are assuming all GT drivers are stock?
Old 7/21/06 | 07:16 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Boomer
And you are assuming all GT drivers are stock?
I'm assuming BOTH are stock. Think about this, if you can modify the Stang to match/beat a stock GTO, the stock GTO owner can do the same. Stang owners are starting out 100hp down. Let's put the GTO on hold for just a minute.

Answer this scenario (anyone): If you take a 2007 GT and put the supercharger of YOUR choice on it, where do end up if you go head to head with the Shelby? If we go by average published times from all our [sarcasm] favorite [/sarcasm] magazines, and a stock GT (manual) is 5.0 secs in 0-60 and the Shelby (only avail. as stick, thank gawd) is 4.5 secs 0-60, how close do you come in a 4.6l supercharged GT to that Shelby? Are you shaving 3 tenths? Shaving 4 tenths? The Shelby is almost 4000 pounds and 500 hp. The GT is 3400 pounds and LET'S SAY 400 hp for sake of argument (depending on boost, 375-400). How close does your modified GT come the the Shelby.

Please don't take this as me starting a p*ssing contest, treat it as an adult converstation and not some newb just posting to kick off an argument. I truly want to hear what other TMS members have to say. Getting back to the GTO, most people here have conservative mods, not superchargers. I still believe that any mods less than an SC will mean you MIGHT stay with that GTO, and even then, I'd want to see it. So in direct answer to the quote above, I feel a Stang with mild mods will only match the 400hp GTO, never win. If you don't agree, please correct me. I'd love nothing more than modding my Stang SHORT of supercharging and go down and kick the little bro's fanny.

Normally I don't stick up for GM products, but my brother bought one because he can have a 'corvette' for $32 large (engine, anyway). I ran him hard last Sat. nite, and I gotta tell ya. The car is one tough muthah. And if I mod the poop outta mine (SC) I might take him. But all he has to do is mod his and the game of leap frog has come to the end of the first round.

I love my Stang. I'm just being objective. That car kicks azz (stock for stock) and maybe (I SAID JUST MAYBE) stock (GTO) vs. mild mods.
Old 7/21/06 | 11:13 AM
Cobra R Member

hmmm,

I read the Motorweek road test on the 400hp GTO. The stats are pretty comparable to the Stang.

0-60 - 5.1
1/4 - 13.5

Should be a driver's race, no?
Old 7/21/06 | 11:52 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Rebel73
hmmm,

I read the Motorweek road test on the 400hp GTO. The stats are pretty comparable to the Stang.

0-60 - 5.1
1/4 - 13.5

Should be a driver's race, no?
Dang. I forget the source now. I read it was 0-60 in 4.65. I will have to re-trace my steps and name names. Don't forget the 2004's had 350hp. I'm thinking the 5.1 sec time was for the 350hp version??!! If your numbers are true, then it would be a driver's race... I'm guessing I need to do some more homework if you found those figures so easily.
Old 7/21/06 | 11:57 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by pitpup
Dang. I forget the source now. I read it was 0-60 in 4.65. I will have to re-trace my steps and name names. Don't forget the 2004's had 350hp. I'm thinking the 5.1 sec time was for the 350hp version??!! If your numbers are true, then it would be a driver's race... I'm guessing I need to do some more homework if you found those figures so easily.
http://www.mpt.org/motorweek/reviews/rt2423.shtml

The '05 GTO, 400hp.
Old 7/21/06 | 12:04 PM
Cobra R Member

However, there IS another review on Forbes autos that puts it at 4.7 seconds, so I guess it depends on who's doing the testing..

if this one is accurate, then yeah, the 400hp GTO should take a Stang.
http://www.forbesautos.com/research/...stdrive_4.html
Old 7/21/06 | 12:22 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Rebel73
However, there IS another review on Forbes autos that puts it at 4.7 seconds, so I guess it depends on who's doing the testing..

if this one is accurate, then yeah, the 400hp GTO should take a Stang.
http://www.forbesautos.com/research/...stdrive_4.html
Thank you for the extra effort. As I've posted in another thread, my brother won every race we ran (six). And I noted that while he did not smoke me, he did indeed open the margin little by little with each shift. I was not embarrassed, BUT. A loss is a loss is a loss. I lost alot, but was impressed with how little I lost by. I win on style, he wins on performance, plain and simple. I guess it's all what's important to you.

That said, where do you stand on the "supercharged GT versus the Shelby" question???

Stan
Old 7/21/06 | 12:26 PM
GT Member

Ya...that Goat will most likely wipe my GT..... and I know I'm dreamin....but I'd just love to find a way to take that guy with some driver finesse. Cuz he really is like a fly that you just can't get to leave you alone. A real pain. A super poser dude who has had the car for months and months and won't put the license plates on it.

Aren't there a couple of engine options for the GTO? This guy's car is badged with 6.0 on it.
Old 7/21/06 | 01:10 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by SonicStanGirl
Ya...that Goat will most likely wipe my GT..... and I know I'm dreamin....but I'd just love to find a way to take that guy with some driver finesse. Cuz he really is like a fly that you just can't get to leave you alone. A real pain. A super poser dude who has had the car for months and months and won't put the license plates on it.

Aren't there a couple of engine options for the GTO? This guy's car is badged with 6.0 on it.
2004 had the LS-1 (5.7L, 350hp), 2005/6 have the LS-2 (6.0L, 400hp). Here is a website I like to use to get realistic 0-60 times. I think they're a pretty fair accumulation of what I've read in all the rags:

http://www.albeedigital.com/supercou...0-60times.html
Old 7/21/06 | 01:10 PM
Cobra R Member

Thank you for the extra effort. As I've posted in another thread, my brother won every race we ran (six). And I noted that while he did not smoke me, he did indeed open the margin little by little with each shift. I was not embarrassed, BUT. A loss is a loss is a loss. I lost alot, but was impressed with how little I lost by. I win on style, he wins on performance, plain and simple. I guess it's all what's important to you.

That said, where do you stand on the "supercharged GT versus the Shelby" question???

Stan
well, I must confess I'm a little jealous of the Shelby's power - that motor is a beast - but I still prefer the GT's styling and lighter weight. With the price differential between a Shelby and a GT, us GT guys could do ALOT to our Stangs.

I wonder if a 5.4 motor swap would be a viable option?
Old 7/21/06 | 04:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

Finally got my shaker hood scoop installed. It looks awesome!
Old 7/21/06 | 05:14 PM
Cobra R Member

Stan
Hey pitpup, so you have no mods? It was stock for stock, right?
Old 7/21/06 | 06:36 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Originally Posted by FireFighterHill
Finally got my shaker hood scoop installed. It looks awesome!
Are we getting a little off thread here?
Old 7/21/06 | 06:53 PM
Number Cruncher

I'm not sure what you're running, but my money is on the GTO. I know. My brother handed me my azz last Saturday night in his 2006. He didn't smoke me, but beat me in every contest we had (0-60, 5-60, 30-80, you name it).
Okay, okay...

He's bigger and he's faster.

But no way is he prettier.
Old 7/21/06 | 06:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by GrayBeardGT
I've noticed that all I have to do is drive moderately on almost any street and all the younger drivers have to speed past to show me that their 10 year old stock Civic can drive 20 mph over the speed limit, all while blowing a cloud of oil smoke out of their 8 inch exhaust tip. Kinda makes you laugh.
Yeah, I keep reminding them that no matter what you do to it, its still a Civic for christ's sake...

Quick Reply: Aggression towards my Mustang?