2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Agent 47 High Flow Grill Install

Search this Thread

Old 8/30/07, 03:46 PM
TMS West Coast Correspondent

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Agent 47 High Flow Grill Install

I recently added Agent 47s new High Flow Grill to my car and was very pleased with the added classy and more aggressive look over the stock grill. The changes are subtle at first glance but with the fogs further spaced apart from one another and the grill being more recessed then the OEM one, it ultimately really changes and adds to the overall look of the car. The install is very straight forward and simple as well. Here is a simple write up on the installation:

http://www.auto-focus.us/autoblog/?p=120

THE GRILL:

1.Remove the plastic cover that sits above the stock grill. The fasteners are easily removed by using a little leverage with a small flathead screwdriver to pop them up and then lightly removing the rest of the way by hand. They are reusable so make sure to not destroy them by forcing them out.

2.Unplug the harnesses from the back of the driving lights.

3.Remove the stock upper grill. This will take some finessing. You will need to bend the female tabs on the bumper back away from the grill while pulling the male tabs out. I used a screw driver to assist in this. Also you will want to pop the tabs but not pull on the bumper because you might scratch the bumper. To avoid this you might want to put a clean towel or microfiber on the bumpers edge, or just make sure to carefully remove the grill lifting upwards as you pull it away.

4.Remove the 4 screws that hold the driving lights to the grill.

5.Place the lights on the new A47 grill. The 2 inner mounting tabs will line up with the bosses and the 2 outer ones will overhang and the holes will not line up. These tabs will be modified.

6.Screw down the two mounting tabs that line up to hold the lights in place. Make a mark around the boss on the 2 overlapping tabs; I used a silver Sharpie. Remove the lights from the grill for cutting and I recommend making a vertical line just outside the area you just marked. Make it parallel with the outside edge of the grill and then cut the tabs on that line.

7.If you have marked the tabs accurately you can find the center of the arc you drew and drill a hole there. Use a punch to make an indentation in the plastic so the drill doesn't walk and proceed to drill a 1/4" hole.

9.You will also need to cut a 1/4"x3/8" notch out of the outside corner of the taller of the two tabs for clearance.

10.Mount the driving lights using the supplied #10 screws and washers. DO NOT USE THE FACTORY SCREWS!

11.Insert the grill into the bumper. This is done by simply pressing it into place, being careful to again not scratch the bumper. Do not use excessive force.

12.Take this time to step back and examine the alignment of the grill to the bumper, you may need to loosen the screws holding the mesh to the grill to allow for the grill to expand and fit flush to the bumper, or you may need to tighten it up a bit. But this is much easier to do now, instead of having to then again remove everything after reassembly to make these adjustments.

13.Now with everything fitting perfectly, plug the electrical harnesses back into the lights and remount the plastic cover above the lights.

**The BAT emblem is optional and can be removed if youd prefer**

THE FINISHED PRODUCT!

Old 8/30/07, 03:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

looks amazing
Old 8/30/07, 04:39 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Freakin Sinister
Old 8/30/07, 04:47 PM
Bullitt Member

That thing looks bad a$$! Is there no way to still have the pony on it though?

Thanks.
Old 8/30/07, 04:58 PM
GT Member

looks interesting...are you going to keep the emblem or change it
Old 8/30/07, 05:53 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This is a nice write up, seems to be a great mod and I would think you could mount your pony in this anywhere with the correct hardware.
Old 8/30/07, 05:58 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Rice. Pure rice.

just kidding. but everyone keeps calling stuff in your posts rice, so I figured why not?

Looks great, man. Wonder how that would look with a running pony emblem, or even a vintage GT emblem.
Old 8/30/07, 06:03 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The pics of the grill before the install look interesting, However the pics of your car you cant see anything og the grill. Are you using force flash (yeah I know their daylight pics) but you gotta use force flash to pic up details esp in a dark colored car.
Old 8/30/07, 06:17 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by DarkFireGT
Wonder how that would look with a running pony emblem, or even a vintage GT emblem.
It would look like this;

I used the CDC emblem but Kevin Casey also has one available that's a bit smaller.
Awesome looking car rrobello!
Old 8/30/07, 08:58 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Thunder Road
The pics of the grill before the install look interesting, However the pics of your car you cant see anything og the grill. Are you using force flash (yeah I know their daylight pics) but you gotta use force flash to pic up details esp in a dark colored car.
I'd like to see an HDR picture of a car with one. That would give you the perfect look at the grill on the car.

Originally Posted by garyb900
It would look like this;

I used the CDC emblem but Kevin Casey also has one available that's a bit smaller.
Awesome looking car rrobello!
Yeah, that's a bit large, but I love the emblem itself. Again, though, the pictures are just too dark to really get a good feel for it.
Old 8/30/07, 09:49 PM
Cobra R Member

Nice but i dont think the blue lights wouldnt fit behind that grill
Old 8/30/07, 10:24 PM

thanks everyone I am sure it would not be hard at all to mount the stock pony onto this new grill and at least on my black car in person you cant see much behind it just by looking at the car, youd have to get down and stare at it from a couple inches away to make it look like the first pic garyb900 posted. For the most part if you are just standing next to it at any angle it looks deep and solid like in my pics.
Old 8/30/07, 10:57 PM
Cobra R Member

I would definatly relocate the horn so it doesnt look so wierd behind the grill.
Old 8/30/07, 11:19 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

i am thinking about this grill and adding a regular tribar pony whitout the border
Old 8/30/07, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by rrobello
thanks everyone I am sure it would not be hard at all to mount the stock pony onto this new grill and at least on my black car in person you cant see much behind it just by looking at the car, youd have to get down and stare at it from a couple inches away to make it look like the first pic garyb900 posted. For the most part if you are just standing next to it at any angle it looks deep and solid like in my pics.
Your car looks great!

Mind you now that Jessyca isn't standing in front of your car I can finally focus on your car, mind you I don't know if that's a good thing or not
Old 8/31/07, 02:47 AM
Team Mustang Source

Old 8/31/07, 03:57 AM

Old 8/31/07, 09:06 AM
Mach 1 Member

I love this grill. I'm not so big into cutting up the fog brackets though...
Old 8/31/07, 09:29 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Phorty
If you wanna get a really high flow grill that you dont need to modify anything check out CDC's replacement grill. Only thing is that you lose the fogs
Old 8/31/07, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by Phorty
it really is a piece of cake to do

Quick Reply: Agent 47 High Flow Grill Install