2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

aerial

Search this Thread

Old 1/19/05, 04:32 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did a search.

Is the aerial easily removed/removable for when the car is parked, etc?

Thanks
Old 1/19/05, 04:46 AM
FR500 Member

Yup, just unscrew it! Might need a wrench the first time. After that just make it hand tight for easy removal.
Old 1/19/05, 04:53 AM
Bullitt Member

Thanks!
Old 1/19/05, 05:14 AM
GT Member

Dumb question....Aerial?!?! Waz that?
Old 1/19/05, 05:17 AM
FR500 Member

The antenna
Old 1/19/05, 05:20 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Rogue6@January 19, 2005, 6:17 AM
You must be from Texas.
Old 1/19/05, 05:32 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by Montrose+January 19, 2005, 6:23 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Montrose @ January 19, 2005, 6:23 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Rogue6@January 19, 2005, 6:17 AM
You must be from Texas. [/b][/quote]
What's wrong with Texas? :tex:
Old 1/19/05, 07:46 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Joe L+January 19, 2005, 6:35 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Joe L @ January 19, 2005, 6:35 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Montrose@January 19, 2005, 6:23 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Rogue6
@January 19, 2005, 6:17 AM

You must be from Texas.
What's wrong with Texas? :tex: [/b][/quote]
Nothing really. Nice place from what I hear. I just felt like saying that.

If I can ask a dumb question, then I can make a dumb comment, also.

Edit:

Now that I re-read Rogue6's post, it looks like he meant that his question was a 'dumb question', and not my original one.

If so, my apologies to anyone and everyone
Old 1/19/05, 09:15 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
Went for a weekend hated it. I have never seen a rainstorm that bad in my life. I was going 10mph on the highway because I couldn't see more than 5 feet in front of me. Speaking of highway, who designed some of the onramps in Dallas/Ft. Worth and what the heck was he smoking. You're going down a road parallel to the highway and then you have to quickly swerve left crossing the oncoming lane just to get on the highway! Without a traffic light! Plus, the people were real jerks to me. For example, I was sitting in the parking lot at Texas Speedway waiting to leave after the race (waiting is what we did for 5 straight hours, not a car moved) when this "Cowboy" in a big Dodge ram pickup truck starts squeezing in front of me. Mind you I was in park at the time, this being a parking lot until 5:30 PM, and he comes within a few inches of hitting me while still not going anywhere for another 2 hours. Then to top it off and say "I'm better than you" he flips me the bird. For sitting there not doing anything because that was the most that could be done. I was flipped off a total of 9 times while I was there, not exactly sure what I did each time to warrant such an insult. I've decided never to set foot in that state again.
Old 1/19/05, 09:48 AM

Oh, not all of us texans are angels, that's for sure. I just moved back here (D/FW area) after 11+ years away, including the past 7 in northern Florida. You want some heavy rain storms? Go there, especially the panhandle. I'm not just talking about during hurricanes either. By the way, 4 in one year?!
Okay, and now...
I admit, aerial is not a term that most Texans have heard referring to an antenna. Of course most also wouldn't have a clue about "boot", "bonnet", or "petrol". Having owned several British cars gave me that insight long ago.
Old 1/19/05, 09:53 AM
Bullitt Member

Never heard of aerial either. Maybe it's something not familiar to southerners or something.
Old 1/19/05, 12:23 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by Maverick128@January 19, 2005, 10:18 AM
Went for a weekend hated it. I have never seen a rainstorm that bad in my life. I was going 10mph on the highway because I couldn't see more than 5 feet in front of me. Speaking of highway, who designed some of the onramps in Dallas/Ft. Worth and what the heck was he smoking. You're going down a road parallel to the highway and then you have to quickly swerve left crossing the oncoming lane just to get on the highway! Without a traffic light! Plus, the people were real jerks to me. For example, I was sitting in the parking lot at Texas Speedway waiting to leave after the race (waiting is what we did for 5 straight hours, not a car moved) when this "Cowboy" in a big Dodge ram pickup truck starts squeezing in front of me. Mind you I was in park at the time, this being a parking lot until 5:30 PM, and he comes within a few inches of hitting me while still not going anywhere for another 2 hours. Then to top it off and say "I'm better than you" he flips me the bird. For sitting there not doing anything because that was the most that could be done. I was flipped off a total of 9 times while I was there, not exactly sure what I did each time to warrant such an insult. I've decided never to set foot in that state again.
Sorry you had a bad experience, but there are a few good people in Texas. B)
Old 1/19/05, 12:36 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by am1scott@January 19, 2005, 10:51 AM
Oh, not all of us texans are angels, that's for sure. I just moved back here (D/FW area) after 11+ years away, including the past 7 in northern Florida. You want some heavy rain storms? Go there, especially the panhandle. I'm not just talking about during hurricanes either. By the way, 4 in one year?!
Okay, and now...
I admit, aerial is not a term that most Texans have heard referring to an antenna. Of course most also wouldn't have a clue about "boot", "bonnet", or "petrol". Having owned several British cars gave me that insight long ago.
I can validate the rain in the Florida panhandle. During the summer, we will have a downpour nearly every day around 3 or 4 in the afternoon. Hurricane Ivan was something else, watching the rain and wind while it was coming on shore was amazing.
Old 1/19/05, 12:37 PM
V6 Member

Heh, I was in DFW during the new year, and invited a few of the guys from out there to come experience what good drivers and a decent layout are like.
Old 1/19/05, 12:55 PM
Cobra Member

I agree with the statements about the freeway onramps, wth?!

Other than that I LOVED it. I got a complete oposite opinion of the people there, everyone was so friendly. I couldn't get over it. Passing beers in the line to the restroom at the Texas motor speedway when the race was canceled because of rain.

Even the police were way cool there. I was like OMG my out look on humanity has been saved. But then again I guess living in Southern cal can give you a jaded outlook on things.

As for the topic, Aerial is the correct name but most people just refer to it as an antenna (however it's spelled). Wonder why they did't intigrate it into the rear glass? They just screw off, 1/4 inch open end wrench if it's tight IIRC.

Good idea to lock it down to keep it from vibrating loose and keep fools from stealing it just to be a mule/horse hybrid.
Old 1/19/05, 12:59 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Not sure about the side roads in Dallas, the side roads in San Antonio are one way and going in the same direction as the highway they are next to, you only take an onramp to get on the highway and an offramp back to the side road, you don't have to cross oncoming traffic.
Old 1/19/05, 01:24 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Stangfriik@January 19, 2005, 11:56 AM
Never heard of aerial either. Maybe it's something not familiar to southerners or something.
The word aerial is used in many terms. Years and years antennas were referred to as aerials because they received air waves for sound and video reception. I guess one needs to be old remember something as that. An aerialist is one who preforms in the air. An aerial pass, is a pass like in football made in the direction of the opponents' goal. An aerial tram, a cable car. Aerial transportation, an airplane or helicopter. An aerial ladder on a fire truck.
Not an unusual word just not used much in todays world.
Old 1/19/05, 02:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Joe L+January 19, 2005, 1:26 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Joe L @ January 19, 2005, 1:26 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Maverick128@January 19, 2005, 10:18 AM
Sorry you had a bad experience, but there are a few good people in Texas. B) [/b][/quote]
Few nothing, There are great people in texas. if you were flipped off a total of nine times chances are you did something. It was like this girl i had when i helped teach drivers ed, the teacher asked what bugs you about other drives on the road, and she stood up an said " i don't like how they are always honking and yelling at me"... clueless. If you don't like the highways or people in texas try living in california. I had to leave texas 6 years ago and would give just about anything to get out of the orange county bubble and go back home. Now don't get me wrong, there are bad apples everywhere and maybe you met nine of them in a row on the way to a bad apple convention or something, but as soon as my girlfriend and i are our of school i am hitting the ground running.:tex: