2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Active Anti Theft Question

Search this Thread

Old 3/16/05, 10:12 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i have this feature in my car.....well i think i do. window sticker says yes but how can i be sure. ive tried to set off the alarm deliberatly by shaking the car, arming it with me in the drivers seat and moving around a lot and nothing. i cant get the darn thing to go off. do you think even tho it was on sticker it might not have been installed?
Old 3/16/05, 10:22 PM
GT Member

I don't know, I unlocked my door today with the keyless entry, got in and it started going off. As soon as I stuck the key in the ignition it stopped. Shouldn't it dissarm when you unlock the car? I've never had an alarm that worked as expected every time.
Old 3/16/05, 10:31 PM
Legacy TMS Member

this doesnt seem to ever work
Old 3/16/05, 10:36 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by 94tbird@March 16, 2005, 10:34 PM
this doesnt seem to ever work
Sounds like you may need to make a trip to the dealer. Based on what my car does, you set the alarm by clicking the lock button on the remote once. When you do this the parking lights blink. If you click the button a second time the horn will honk. Either way the alarm should now be set.

After about 30 seconds the alarm should be active. If I stick my hand in an open window this will set my alarm off. I haven't tried shaking the car but one would have to wonder if the alarm has a motion sensor OR a shock sensor. I recall that the alarm should be smart enough to detect when the vehicle is being jacked up or towed.
Old 3/16/05, 10:44 PM
Legacy TMS Member

ill have to try the open window thing
Old 3/17/05, 09:50 AM
Legacy TMS Member

ok that set it off haha. doesnt sound like the horn tho sounds different. maybe it has a seperate alarm sounder.
Old 6/6/05, 03:03 PM

According to product literature, the 2005 Mustang's "Active Anti-theft" system includes a "seperate alarm sounder". The thing is, it's not actually on the car!

I've talked to 2 dealers, and 3 Ford customer service representatives, and none of them are aware of this issue, and NONE of them had even ever heard of a "seperate alarm sounder". I can always direct them to the literature documenting that it's sup mad.gif posed to be there, and then they see it and beleive me, but they dont know anything about it and apparently no on else has complained. They dont seem able to do anything since no technical bulletin exists on the subject.

Can anyone in this forum say for SURE that their alarm includes the seperate sounder? Has anyone else succeeded in getting a dealer to install one for free after the fact?

An interesting twist on events... I called Ford Customer Service yet again today, and mysteriously, the records for my VIN now claim that I do NOT have the "Active Anti-theft", even though the records claimed differently the last time I called, and even though my Window sticker and Dealer contract all say I do. Oh, and also, the motion sensors, which only come with the Active Anti theft system are plainly visible in the car sad.gif

I'm really starting to feel that Ford isnt playing fair here and I dont know how to resolve the issue. I've been polite and very patient (I contacted them originally 6 months ago). Does anyone have info on this? Anyone offer me advice on how to get this resolved?

Thanks
Old 6/6/05, 04:24 PM
V6 Member

easy way to tell if you have active alarm or not...........where the inside lighte are (near rear view mirror) you can see 2 sensor holes on the active alarm cars. The regular alarm does not have these sensors. Mark
Old 6/6/05, 05:13 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by kivnic@June 6, 2005, 4:06 PM
According to product literature, the 2005 Mustang's "Active Anti-theft" system includes a "seperate alarm sounder". The thing is, it's not actually on the car!

I've talked to 2 dealers, and 3 Ford customer service representatives, and none of them are aware of this issue, and NONE of them had even ever heard of a "seperate alarm sounder". I can always direct them to the literature documenting that it's sup mad.gif posed to be there, and then they see it and beleive me, but they dont know anything about it and apparently no on else has complained. They dont seem able to do anything since no technical bulletin exists on the subject.

Can anyone in this forum say for SURE that their alarm includes the seperate sounder? Has anyone else succeeded in getting a dealer to install one for free after the fact?

An interesting twist on events... I called Ford Customer Service yet again today, and mysteriously, the records for my VIN now claim that I do NOT have the "Active Anti-theft", even though the records claimed differently the last time I called, and even though my Window sticker and Dealer contract all say I do. Oh, and also, the motion sensors, which only come with the Active Anti theft system are plainly visible in the car sad.gif

I'm really starting to feel that Ford isnt playing fair here and I dont know how to resolve the issue. I've been polite and very patient (I contacted them originally 6 months ago). Does anyone have info on this? Anyone offer me advice on how to get this resolved?

Thanks

It does have a seperate alarm sounder i will psot a pic
Old 6/6/05, 05:22 PM
Legacy TMS Member

pic
Old 6/6/05, 05:23 PM
Legacy TMS Member

if i remember right left one was horn, right one was the alarm. id test it again n tell you which was which for sure but im deaf
Old 6/6/05, 05:29 PM
Bullitt Member

The active anti-theft is only activated by the key fob, not by using the keys to lock the door.

This has been discussed before on this forum. The manual explains how to work this system.
Old 6/7/05, 12:48 PM
GT Member

Open the lock with a slim jim.. and get in. It will sound.

Long story made short... It was raining really hard, my wife goes to open the trunk to get the baby's diaper bag out. Drops the keys in the trunk and then shuts the trunk. Fortunately we were at the dealer looking at my wife a new car ( had to get here one too since I just got one). Those guys really know how to break into a car.

Anyway the alarm sounded nicely until i could crawl through the back seat and retrieve the keys from the trunk.

At least I know the active anti-theft system works now.

And yes I stil bought the care she wanted even after locking the keys to my new mustang in the trunk.

Oscar
Old 6/7/05, 01:02 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by 94tbird@March 16, 2005, 11:15 PM
ive tried to set off the alarm deliberatly by shaking the car
This particular alarm does not have shock sensors, so you could beat the car with a baseball bat and not set off the alarm, it simply monitors, the trunk, doors, hood, motion inside the vehicle, and angle of inclination.
Old 6/7/05, 02:30 PM
Cobra Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by Montrose@June 6, 2005, 5:32 PM
The active anti-theft is only activated by the key fob, not by using the keys to lock the door.

This has been discussed before on this forum. The manual explains how to work this system.

Using the keys to lock the door will arm part of the system. It will not arm the motion or inclination sensors but the door, hood and drunk sensors will still work.

I have not tried just pushing the lock pin (not the power lock button). Will try soon, cuz now i'm curious.
Old 6/7/05, 04:18 PM
FR500 Member

open the windows and activate the alarm. wait a few minutes for the car to arm then stick ur hand thru the window. the motion sensors will trip the alarm and off it goes
Old 6/8/05, 01:10 PM
Bullitt Member

darn, I've had my car since november and just realized I don't have the active anti-theft even though I ordered it!Don't see it on the invoice either :angry:
Old 6/9/05, 07:21 AM
Cobra Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Ok I tested it out. If you just push the lock pin down and shut the door the lights don't flash and the alarm won't go off if you open the door (after waiting more than a minute).

So it looks like if you want to lock the car and not arm any of the alarm, push the locks down manually.