2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Active Anti-Theft Global Open feature

Search this Thread

Old 4/6/05, 11:40 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

My car has the Active Anti-Theft option, including the inoperative Global Open feature, so I took my car to the local Ford dealership to be fixed. A long story short is, that Ford has totally deactivated this feature effective 12/17/05 (my car was built 2/3/05) and will not authorize my dealer to repair/activate it. This is the Ford Hotline speaking. They (Ford or the Ford dealership) do not want to be liable for any damages, i.e. soaked interior, should the feature malfunction and lower the windows without anyone around. I spoke to the Ford Motor Company Customer Relationship Center and expressed my dissatisfaction with Ford, #1 for not informing their customers that the feature nolonger is a part of the Active Anti-Theft option and #2 for not delivering what I paid for. Ford has instructed me to contact the dealer where I purchased my car and explain things to them, as they may be able escalate the issue with Ford through different channels and possibly offer some me some form of compensation. This really stinks!! :angry:
Old 4/6/05, 11:42 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Yup, this has been posted before. Ford has the disclaimer that says; options subject to change without notice.
Old 4/6/05, 11:59 AM
Mach 1 Member

What I don't get is, why is that feature useful in the first place?
Old 4/6/05, 12:15 PM
FR500 Member

Man, I'm glad I have it on mine. I use it all the time, especially now that it's getting hot again down here. I just stand by my office window and roll down the windows about 10 minutes before I leave and when I get into the car, it's a lot cooler. You don't get that inital blast of heat when you first get into a hot car. You have the breeze blowing through the car for a little while before you get in it. I've also used it when I have my hands full of drawings (rolls of Architectural drawings) and don't want to fool with opening the door. I'll just roll down the windows as I'm walking up to the car and then throw the drawings in the car before I open the door. It's also kinda cool when others are walking with you to your car and you hold down the button with the keys in your pocket... opening the windows and they are like wow, how'd you do that?
Old 4/6/05, 12:16 PM
Bullitt Member

Come on, I bet you still love your car and if it doesn't have that feature, the difference between what you were expecting and what you have really is microscopical...
Put it in perspective and enjoy your car...
PS: mine was built 12-09-04 and I didn't even know it had that feature...
Old 4/6/05, 12:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by wjones14@April 6, 2005, 12:02 PM
What I don't get is, why is that feature useful in the first place?
Why is MyColor useful? Its not, just like most "features" they make the car cooler, which this does. And from reading acadian's post, there are some useful applications of the option. It can help cool the car off ( I know, you can turn the AC on), and this way its ready to go when you get there.

I ordered the option, not really for the so called better alarm system, but for this feature. I think its cool, and if I had known that this isn't working, I wouldn't have. I'm still C/U, but I'm scared to even touch my order now. Not everybody is in the same boat, so they won't care, but there are people that ordered this specifically because of the open/close bit.

I just love how instead of fixing it, Ford just disables it. Great job Ford! Maybe next time I have a review with my boss, and I'm not doing somethig correctly, I'll just tell him that I won't do that function anymore instead of doing it correctly.
Old 4/6/05, 12:29 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by moc1976@April 6, 2005, 12:25 PM
I just love how instead of fixing it, Ford just disables it. Great job Ford! Maybe next time I have a review with my boss, and I'm not doing somethig correctly, I'll just tell him that I won't do that function anymore instead of doing it correctly.
LOL. Put that on my performance review!
Old 4/6/05, 12:54 PM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dang Steve - sorry that was your final answer - stinks bro!

Maybe something will happen with the dealership?.... Let us know!
Old 4/6/05, 01:12 PM
Cobra R Member

Well I just went to my dealer about 2 weeks ago. They said they spoke to hotline and the gave instructions on how to reflash module to reactivate it. They had it done in like an hour. Probably took seconds once they talked to hotline. I would go to another dealer. Sounds like your dealer is crazy. They are still reactivating them as far as I know.
Old 4/6/05, 01:50 PM
V6 Member

I went to my dealer and he said that it didn't have the feature. I informed him that I have the active anti-theft and the global window down feature was part of that, and he said that I should go aftermarket if I wanted that because it's not standard. I got frustrated so I just left.
Old 4/6/05, 01:59 PM
FR500 Member

this is the least of my concerns.....i JUST WANT MY CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 4/6/05, 03:47 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by KenW@April 6, 2005, 3:53 PM
I went to my dealer and he said that it didn't have the feature. I informed him that I have the active anti-theft and the global window down feature was part of that, and he said that I should go aftermarket if I wanted that because it's not standard. I got frustrated so I just left.
Look on page 65 of your owners manual. Take the manual to your dealer. Show it to them. Tell them to activate it if you've got the active anti-theft option on your car.

I hate how some dealer service depts, out of laziness, just won't make one itty-bitty bit of effort for their customers.
Old 4/6/05, 04:06 PM
V6 Member

They just replaced the junction box on mine and the feature works as advertised. My car was built 1-27. You should go to another dealer.
Old 4/6/05, 04:10 PM
Cobra R Member

Most just have to be reactivated. I believe it is done for safety to vehicle during shipping. In case they accidentally open. Like I said my dealer called hotline, they new immediately what to do. Took no time. Good luck, yah take him the owners manual or the sales brochure, coupe brochure only tho. The convertible brochure says nothing about it. But the coupe brochure definitely does.
Old 4/6/05, 04:58 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Steve mine works and was built Jan 26 05 . It was held for Quality check for 3 weeks with about 900 or more other mustangs with the same feature for the window drop problem ( from what I was told) .As far as i know it has been working properly and the windows have not dropped by themselves yet .
If they did fix it at the factory there should be a fix for yours ,check around and talk to a regional rep if you can he might know about this and what can be done .
Old 4/6/05, 07:38 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Ripstang@April 6, 2005, 6:01 PM
Steve mine works and was built Jan 26 05 . It was held for Quality check for 3 weeks with about 900 or more other mustangs with the same feature for the window drop problem ( from what I was told) .As far as i know it has been working properly and the windows have not dropped by themselves yet .
If they did fix it at the factory there should be a fix for yours ,check around and talk to a regional rep if you can he might know about this and what can be done .
Craig, Thanks for sharing the info on your car. I'll try using the dealer where I purchased my car (Metro Ford, Miami). I didn't go to them in the first place, only because they are so far away. World Ford / Pembroke Pines now knows that my car has the feature and even how to reactivate it. However, they won't do it, because the Ford Hotline would not authorize the reactivation.
Old 4/7/05, 12:23 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Miami? Check out my thread about dealers who know how to reactivate it. There's one in Miami that knows how.
Who's reactivated their Global Window feature?
Old 4/7/05, 07:47 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by StangNut@April 7, 2005, 1:26 PM
Miami? Check out my thread about dealers who know how to reactivate it. There's one in Miami that knows how.
Who's reactivated their Global Window feature?
Thanks Jason,

Yes, I saw your posting earlier. I even contacted Louis, who got his car reactivated at World Ford / Kendall (in Miami). I was hopeful that World Ford / Pembroke Pines (the sister dealership) would take their lead. However, because the Ford Hotline said the reactivation would not be unauthorized, AND, because I didn't purchase my car from World Ford / Pembroke Pines, they just didn't want to help me out. World Ford / Pembroke Pines told me to take the car back to where I bought it. Ford Customer Relationship Center also told me this was the best thing to do. :angry:
Old 4/8/05, 06:26 AM
V6 Member

Steve,

I told Eric at World Ford in Kendall about your situation. He told me all they have to do is activate it in the computer. Maybe you should drive down and have them (Ford in Kendall) do it.

Luis
Old 4/8/05, 07:14 AM
Mach 1 Member

Mine is in the shop today to have this feature activated. Sure hope I don't run into the problems that you did.

Quick Reply: Active Anti-Theft Global Open feature