2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

ACCIDENT IN THE RAIN! STUPIDITY!

Search this Thread

Old 11/29/05, 11:32 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well it was raining. i pull out of an autozone on to a street and this tiburon that was behind me at the light speeds up in the rain just to get in front of me to make a left as I was also to make the next left onto a bridge. I road raged and got pissed off. I was behind him on a bridge and when he changed lanes I halfway floored it to get in front of him and my car fishtailed and i hit the curbing of the bridge to my right really hard. I thought I totalled my whole right side. I get out and both my rims are severely scratched and cracked but my bodypanels were all fine. since the curb was low what hit first were my 18x9's..thank goodness they are wider cause if I had my stock rims on my bodypanels would be scratched up. I put my stock bullits on. I need an alignment too. my steering wheel is now pointed to the left when going straight. well I learned a lot today. 1.I'm stupid to road rage, I should of just not got mad and let him go his way 2. I'm stupid to halfway floor it in the rain..3. I'm stupid to have turned tcs off in the rain(habit to turn it off once i get in my car) 3. I thank God that I"m ok and I didn't hit anybody else due to my road rage and stupidity..I was humbled today..I should not let other crazy drivers get to me which turns me into a crazy unsafe driver. I will post pics later..I have to head to work now :bang:
Old 11/29/05, 11:39 AM
Mach 1 Member

Ouch, at least the lesson wasn't too expensive. I got pissed when someone sped up to keep me from moving over and I ended up with a 70 in a 45 ticket. Live and learn. At least nobody was hurt.
Old 11/29/05, 11:59 AM
Team Mustang Source

I know where your comming from. Glad to hear your damage isn't too bad. Some people though,,,,,
Old 11/29/05, 12:03 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Coulda been worse.

now learn from the lesson

Glad you're ok
Old 11/29/05, 12:11 PM
MSP
Banned

Originally posted by cambostang@November 29, 2005, 10:35 AM
well it was raining. i pull out of an autozone on to a street and this tiburon that was behind me at the light speeds up in the rain just to get in front of me to make a left as I was also to make the next left onto a bridge. I road raged and got pissed off. I was behind him on a bridge and when he changed lanes I halfway floored it to get in front of him and my car fishtailed and i hit the curbing of the bridge to my right really hard. I thought I totalled my whole right side. I get out and both my rims are severely scratched and cracked but my bodypanels were all fine. since the curb was low what hit first were my 18x9's..thank goodness they are wider cause if I had my stock rims on my bodypanels would be scratched up. I put my stock bullits on. I need an alignment too. my steering wheel is now pointed to the left when going straight. well I learned a lot today. 1.I'm stupid to road rage, I should of just not got mad and let him go his way 2. I'm stupid to halfway floor it in the rain..3. I'm stupid to have turned tcs off in the rain(habit to turn it off once i get in my car) 3. I thank God that I"m ok and I didn't hit anybody else due to my road rage and stupidity..I was humbled today..I should not let other crazy drivers get to me which turns me into a crazy unsafe driver. I will post pics later..I have to head to work now :bang:

How long do you think it was, that you could visably see the Tiburon? He was probably in your life for about maybe 20 to 30 seconds at the most right? I mean, lets say he was actually in your life for 1 to 2 minutes...

Life is too short to get really upset with someone you dont know, or will ever see again..

I know you want me to say everything will be ok, but I wont.. You already know this.. I will however tell you that the guy in the Tiburon hated the fact that your driving a really nice Mustang, and he is stuck with the Tiburon for now..

Well, I guess I'll cut it short.. You already accepted responsibity for your actions, and the lesson is learned.. Learned at the expense of a Brand new stang, but learned none the less..

There are 2 type of R&R in life.. One you must give up for the other...

1. Rest and Relaxation

2. Rain and Rage

If you allow number 2 to happen, it will be a long time before number 1 can happen..

I want to say I'm sorry for the incident but I cant.. I cant.. You need someone to be alittle harsh on you.. LOL!! Dont look for sympathy from me.. LOL!! Boy thats just to brutal... Ok man, hope everything works out..
Old 11/29/05, 12:16 PM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
That was dumb.

But i'm sure you know by now.
Old 11/29/05, 12:21 PM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Glad to hear you are ok

If possible hand over cash instead of a credit card when you pay for any repairs... it makes it more painful that way. I did that when my immaturity got the best of me
Old 11/29/05, 01:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You know, "it takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man." Jack Handy SNL

Live and learn. Tough to admit fault, good man.
Old 11/29/05, 01:22 PM
V6 Member

Yea I know how you feel, Today on the way home in the rain I came upon the right side of a truck hauling branches, He was doing 60 and branches and leaves were flying everywhere. So I decide to get ahead of this bozo and speedup, just as I got up to him a large log rolled from the bed of the truck right in my path, if I were going slower I may have avoided the log; nope... Ran right over it, tore up the front bumper, dented floor pan, and tore through the rear valance. I heard the noise and got next to the hiney Wipe and started yelling obsenities and birds were flying. I should have some how stopped him but I was so mad I stepped on it and got off at my exit. I noticed all the damage when I got home a few minuets ago.

Called police to file a claim, but I never got his plate because of my anger.
Old 11/29/05, 02:26 PM

It amazes me that if a cop saw the whole thing unfold he would not give the Tiburan a ticket for aggressive driving but he would give you one in a second. For every cause there is a reaction. If we enforce laws against the cause there would be no reaction.
Old 11/29/05, 02:30 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Originally posted by MSP@November 29, 2005, 2:14 PM
If you allow number 2 to happen, it will be a long time before number 1 can happen..
I've always heard if #2 doesn't happen, you need an enema to clear the problem up. Doesn't sound pleasant either way.

I'll be here all week. Thank you.

Seriously, sorry to hear about that. Remember, TCS on in the rain=good. Still shouldn't have gotten so angry, but TCS may have saved some damage to the rims.
Old 11/29/05, 02:51 PM
Cobra Member

TCS off + Pirelli PZero + rain = danger
Old 11/29/05, 02:59 PM
Needs to be more Astony

Originally posted by Louie@November 29, 2005, 3:54 PM
TCS off + Pirelli PZero + rain = danger
Only to a unskilled driver.
Old 11/29/05, 03:04 PM
My C/T is cooler than Arin is.

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Old 11/29/05, 03:18 PM
Bullitt Member

Sorry to hear your misfortune. I can't say anything, I ran over a curb, bent 2 rims, and ruined both tires on a 240sx I owned one time all because an 18 wheeler pulled out in a parking lot in front of me and I raced to get in front hitting the curb in the process. Instead of losing 30 seconds, I lost 2-3 hrs plus the cost of rims/tires
Old 11/29/05, 03:23 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I had my car about 1 week and I down shifted to 3rd on a wet bridge to pass someone. Timing has it that right when I popped the clutch and stepped on the gas, the rear tires went over the end seam of the bridge and the beginning of the road, the bump, acceleration, and wet road made my back end get loose and start to fishtail, but I had TC on and it cut off my power for a second. Scared the crap out of me. Needless to say, no more down shifting and stepping on it on wet roads. Well, O.K., not on public roads anyway. :-)
Old 11/29/05, 04:25 PM
Cobra Member

Sorry to hear about your car and rims. Hopefully, the rest of the suspension is ok and an alignment will take care of it, but it sounds like it could be a little worse.

Most of us have done stupid things that we've luckily gotten away with including me, and at least you've learned from it, but maybe the Tiburon owner saw your mishap it and soiled his pants.
Old 11/29/05, 06:17 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Many people would still be raging about the "idiot" in the other car, and how it was "all their fault". You screwed up but you took a lesson away from it, so you've salvaged some positive out of the bad, and demonstrated real integrity as well.

Glad to hear your car wasn't badly messed up.
Old 11/29/05, 07:11 PM
Team Mustang Source

I drive a crummier car with the worst tires known to man and don't have near the problems some seem to have. Is this your first high powered RWD car?

Sucks it got smashed up, I hope the front suspension is ok. Turned wheel = bent stuff.
Old 11/29/05, 08:00 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Knight@November 29, 2005, 5:02 PM
Only to a unskilled driver.

that`s not true..i my opinon these tires just plain suck....................even for the most skilled driver....

Quick Reply: ACCIDENT IN THE RAIN! STUPIDITY!