2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

9 days old and vandalized

Search this Thread

Old 5/1/05, 11:11 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I took the car to a premium car wash center today to have it cleaned in preparation for 3M film protection for the front end. When I got home I took the usual number of pictures.

Later in the afternoon my car alarm was going off and so was the neighbours. Some little terd keyed the right rear bumper in two places about 2-3 inches long and also left two marks on the tail fin. Looks like the active anti theft sytem was a good purchase after all.

I got the scratches out / covered with NuCar finish. What I'd give to get my hands on the creep and ring his jealous neck.

:angry:
Old 5/2/05, 05:59 AM
GTR Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Sorry to hear about your car some people can't stand to see other people have something nice. Its jealousy, pure and simple.

Solution: act crazy/wierd enough that all your neighbors think your nuts. :crazy: This way all the neighborhood kids/ neighbors keep their distance. i.e. stare at every car that goes by suspiciously, talk to yourself while mowing the lawn, etc. It works for me, the kids don't come anywhere near by property.
Old 5/2/05, 06:17 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry to hear about your pony getting keyed. If you eventually find the kid that did it, I would approach his/her parents, provided they are not drug users or alcoholics, and get the kid to tell them what he did. They may even make it worth your while.

EK
Old 5/3/05, 02:19 PM
Team Mustang Source

I've just gone through the same problem, but with the maintenance people in my complex. Some kids don't understand that they can still be arrested even if they're not 18. We had the kid down the street placed under arrest on multiple charges when he put a firecracker under my dad's old Taurus. I've never seen him since. He went away to reform school, flunked out or something and hasn't ever returned!
Old 5/3/05, 02:21 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by mr-mstng@May 2, 2005, 6:02 AM
Sorry to hear about your car some people can't stand to see other people have something nice. Its jealousy, pure and simple.

Solution: act crazy/wierd enough that all your neighbors think your nuts. :crazy: This way all the neighborhood kids/ neighbors keep their distance. i.e. stare at every car that goes by suspiciously, talk to yourself while mowing the lawn, etc. It works for me, the kids don't come anywhere near by property.

Old 5/3/05, 03:48 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

ahhh, now i remember why i like to own firearms. man that stinks, too many ***** around here
Old 5/3/05, 04:49 PM
GTR Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I really feel for you bud, I has someone take a pan scraper to my rear bumper........... I would hapilly kill them all!

Gonna move this to 2005,but the link will be left here
Old 5/3/05, 04:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

this is the exact reason they should legalize murder...
LOL, okay that was a joke so all the liberals hold back
Old 5/3/05, 04:56 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by mr-mstng@May 2, 2005, 7:02 AM

I've got a neighbor I don't trust. I make it a deliberate attempt to carry a rifle out to my trunk, along with a couple of targets, earmuffs, etc, when he's out... just making it look like I'm going to the range. No one's messed with my car yet!
Old 5/3/05, 05:03 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
some people are just idiots. That is why I had to install surveillance cameras years ago.
Old 5/3/05, 05:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by 05GT-O.C.D.+May 3, 2005, 5:59 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(05GT-O.C.D. @ May 3, 2005, 5:59 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-mr-mstng@May 2, 2005, 7:02 AM

I've got a neighbor I don't trust. I make it a deliberate attempt to carry a rifle out to my trunk, along with a couple of targets, earmuffs, etc, when he's out... just making it look like I'm going to the range. No one's messed with my car yet!
[/b][/quote]

I just act like I'm trying to eat my own face... nobody comes close to me.
Old 5/3/05, 05:06 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

I'm designing a way to hook up a second car battery to the car...so when armed....it will shock anyone who touches it.

ie....little kids, neighbors cat.

I just need to figure out a way to isolate all the delicate electronics in the car...

hmmm
Old 5/3/05, 05:06 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by poldrv@May 2, 2005, 1:14 AM

I got the scratches out / covered with NuCar finish. What I'd give to get my hands on the creep and ring his jealous neck.

:angry:

I'm reminded of Vincent Vega's quote from Pulp Fiction:

"Man I wish I could of caught him doin' it. It'd be worth him doin' it, just so i could catch him"

Sorry to hear about this, glad it seems that you got the scratches out.
Old 5/3/05, 05:14 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by Section8@May 3, 2005, 6:09 PM

"Man I wish I could of caught him doin' it. It'd be worth him doin' it, just so i could catch him"

..."What's more chicken s--- than f------ with another man's automobile? ... It's just against the rules."

That about sums it up too.
Old 5/3/05, 07:30 PM
Team Mustang Source

Pulp Fiction - #1 movie, can never get tired of watching that.

sorry about your damage, that is my biggest fear here, so many people are just jelouse.
Old 5/3/05, 07:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by 05GT-O.C.D.+May 3, 2005, 5:17 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(05GT-O.C.D. @ May 3, 2005, 5:17 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Section8@May 3, 2005, 6:09 PM

..."What's more chicken s--- than f------ with another man's automobile? ... It's just against the rules."

That about sums it up too.
[/b][/quote]

....what he said!

it is sad that you can't have something nice without having to worry about A-holes who are jealous and just want to destroy something that they cannot have. Some people just stink! PIGS...people who do sh!& like that are just pigs.....sorry about the damage to your car.
Old 5/3/05, 08:13 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

That stinks man, so sorry. The one thing that seems to keep working well and strong in our country is the MORON MACHINE. It seems each day, more and more morons are out and about. It's this kind of stuff that actually makes me nervous to take the car anywhere where it's going to sit alone for any length of time. I feel as if I will continue that behavior just because you just can't trust people to leave your stuff alone.

Old 5/3/05, 08:41 PM
I'm people, and I like.

Originally posted by mr-mstng@May 2, 2005, 5:02 AM

Good pointers. I might use those when I get a stang
Old 5/3/05, 09:31 PM
Big Falken Tires

Originally posted by 05GT-O.C.D.+May 3, 2005, 4:59 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(05GT-O.C.D. @ May 3, 2005, 4:59 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-mr-mstng@May 2, 2005, 7:02 AM

[/b][/quote]

John that ROCKS.

I like the way you think - when we finally get you over here for a Source meet up... dang we might have to go the the range bro!

(By the way - looking at first weekend in June for the next one considering May looks to be too busy for most..... you available??... Lemme know!)
Old 5/3/05, 10:51 PM
AJC
Mach 1 Member

I have had similar problems .. it really stinks..

Luckily I live in a house and have a 2 car garage..

But when I park at stores or even at work... people lookie loo... and usually cause scratches leaning up on the car peering in etc....
2 days ago some woman walked by the car as I sat in a restaurant (and I watched the whole affair ) as she ran her hand across the length of my spoiler .. when I went to go home I discovered she had left a scratch with a piece of jewelry the entire length of it.. Fortunately it came out with buffing...

People just wont keep their hands off our cars...

Quick Reply: 9 days old and vandalized