2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

70 MPH / SEAT BELT CHIME

Search this Thread

Old 11/3/04, 08:56 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by holderca1+November 3, 2004, 8:20 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (holderca1 @ November 3, 2004, 8:20 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by ace0215@November 3, 2004, 8:11 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Badandy
@November 2, 2004, 7:35 PM
What kind of retard doesn't wear a seatbelt.

You are very stupid Mongoose!

this forum is NOT for calling people names. Who are you to judge somebody as a retard or stupid? Please think before typing
I think he did think, it's the person that didn't buckle up that didn't think. [/b][/quote]
You obviously missed the point. There is just NO NEED for name calling. It is childish and gets nothing accomplished.
Old 11/3/04, 09:02 AM
She's Back and Strapped!

jgsmuzzy, funny you ask that.

I think if I light the cigarette, I am damaging my own body. HOWEVER, as a smoker, I NEVER smoke when children are present, non-smokers are present, or where it is illegal to smoke.

As a smoker I understand the non-smoking laws here in Cali. I also know of establishments where the government shut them down. I dont agree. The story: A local bar decided that they would allow smoking. All the employees were offered jobs at non-smoking establishments if they didnt want to work there. The ones who stayed, all smoked, and signed a waiver. They thought it was all good to go. They posted signs everywhere, and even in thier ads, that they allowed smoking, and to avoid it if you had issues.

ABC shut them down, and they lost thier liquor license. I fully disagree. If adults make a choice, then they should be allowed to do it. We allow adults to drink alcohol dont we? Smoking is legal, isnt it? Well, barely, in California.

And yes, I understand that I pay more for health insurance, and life insurance. And I AM OK with that. I made the choice to smoke, I get to pay for it. Over and over, LOL. We pay a lot in luxury taxes, BTW. If it werent for us smokers there would be some things the rest of Cali wouldnt be getting.

Why not charge me more for my car insurance because I am not as diligent with my seatbelt? I can accept that.
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by HairyCanary+November 3, 2004, 9:46 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (HairyCanary @ November 3, 2004, 9:46 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JessicaRabbitt@November 3, 2004, 7:39 AM
I know a really good way to lower your premuims... keep your record clean. I only pay about $700 a year for my insurance. Wow, and the cool thing is, you dont have to worry about blood on your car either.
You apparently have no understanding of insurance -- it's called SHARED RISK. Which means that what you do affects me. Insurance is partially based on what I do, and partially based on what YOU do.

Keeping my record clean won't keep your blood off my bumper... keeping you off the road, however, will .... [/b][/quote]
but you only have control over what you do, so to keep your rates down, keep your record clean. That is exactly what JessicaRabbitt said, so don't jump to conclusions about what somebody understands.

and your statement about keeping her off the road??? I think I'll take my chances with her on the road over you
Team Mustang Source

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally posted by JessicaRabbitt@November 3, 2004, 9:56 AM
NP Mas35NYR, I am not an evil person. Just like to keep people on thier toes.
It's fun to play devils advocate every now and then!

You're absolutely right in feeling that there is no need to insult someone in order to get your point across.

That's what is so great about our counrty, you can have your OWN opinion! :usa:
Old 11/3/04, 09:07 AM
She's Back and Strapped!

Mas35NYR, it can be fun. Sometimes it gets the hackles up, and I end up in the middle of a feeding frenzy, its a good thing I am tasty! LOL
Old 11/3/04, 09:13 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by ace0215@November 3, 2004, 8:05 AM
but you only have control over what you do, so to keep your rates down, keep your record clean. That is exactly what JessicaRabbitt said, so don't jump to conclusions about what somebody understands.
Ignorance is bliss, eh? Go on believing whatever you want to believe, for that will make it true. Must be a republican .
Old 11/3/04, 09:20 AM
She's Back and Strapped!

HairyCanary, is it possible to actually disagree without being ignorant, or not understand something? Seriously, you as well as some others around here seem to think thier word is gospel, if someone disagrees they are ignorant or dont understand something.

Is it not true that you only have control over your own actions? That is all Ace and myself are saying. Yet, you counter that ignorance is bliss?

Is calling someone a republican an insult? Seems our country just elected a republican to office, so maybe you outta save the comments about them.
Old 11/3/04, 09:43 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by HairyCanary+November 3, 2004, 10:16 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (HairyCanary @ November 3, 2004, 10:16 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ace0215@November 3, 2004, 8:05 AM
Ignorance is bliss, eh? Go on believing whatever you want to believe, for that will make it true. Must be a republican . [/b][/quote]
huh...???

I have no idea what you are talking about? What ignorance? Do you even know what ignorance means? Well let me help clarify that for you... It means lacking knowledge. So, what knowlege am I lacking? Surely i don't think I am lacking any.

Must be a republican???? Do you just pull these statements out of your ****? If you must know, I am a democrat, but that has no bearing on this situation! Please stop with the childish posts and let's get back on track.
Old 11/3/04, 10:19 AM
Banned

WEAR YOUR SEAT BELT, ANSD THEN IT WONT BE A PROBLEM!!

REMEMBER..................."BUCKLE UP FOR SAFTY"
Old 11/3/04, 10:21 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Lol where is the arguement. He DOES wear his seatbelt, its the DOG setting it off.
Old 11/3/04, 10:21 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Old 11/3/04, 10:42 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by kevinb120@November 3, 2004, 11:24 AM
yes...please!
Old 11/3/04, 10:52 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by ace0215@November 3, 2004, 8:46 AM
huh...???

I have no idea what you are talking about? What ignorance?
That makes two of us .

You defined ignorance correctly, which I find confusing since you continue to question the meaning of my comments. I'll try once more, but then I'm done because you are just attacking, and I really don't want to waste any more time on this.

What someone else does absolutely has an effect on my insurance, and yours. If it were as simple as keeping your own record clean, then we would all pay much higher insurance premiums. But it's not, because the risk is pooled, and in addition to bringing down everyone's rates as a whole, it also means that what you do affects me. It is precisely the reason I pay as much to insure a 10 year old Mustang GT as I do to insure a brand new Mustang Cobra -- I have not wrecked either one, or any other car for that matter, and so the GT should cost me much less (since it is worth much less). But statistically the GT is more likely to be involved in a claim, because of the type of people likely to own it. That is out of my control, and has nothing to do with my own record. So wear the darn seatbelt, because refusing to do so adds to the cost insurance companies have to pay out, which they in turn pass along to their other customers like me.

This seems like such a simple concept to me, perhaps I am not explaining it in a way that makes sense to you. Someone else can try, I have work to do.

Dave
Old 11/3/04, 11:00 AM
She's Back and Strapped!

Dave, that is the first post (in this thread) you have made without a rude, or insulting comment. Impressive.

Yes, you explained several points, HOWEVER, just wearing a seatbelt is not going to lower your premuims. If that were the case you would be paying less, due to several states having mandatory seat belt laws. In addition, yes those laws have lowered the amount of injuries, etc.

I dont get why you all are paying so much anyway... $700 a year is so affordable for me, and my GT.
Old 11/3/04, 11:03 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by HairyCanary+November 3, 2004, 11:55 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (HairyCanary @ November 3, 2004, 11:55 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ace0215@November 3, 2004, 8:46 AM
huh...???

I have no idea what you are talking about? What ignorance?
That makes two of us .

You defined ignorance correctly, which I find confusing since you continue to question the meaning of my comments. I'll try once more, but then I'm done because you are just attacking, and I really don't want to waste any more time on this.

What someone else does absolutely has an effect on my insurance, and yours. If it were as simple as keeping your own record clean, then we would all pay much higher insurance premiums. But it's not, because the risk is pooled, and in addition to bringing down everyone's rates as a whole, it also means that what you do affects me. It is precisely the reason I pay as much to insure a 10 year old Mustang GT as I do to insure a brand new Mustang Cobra -- I have not wrecked either one, or any other car for that matter, and so the GT should cost me much less (since it is worth much less). But statistically the GT is more likely to be involved in a claim, because of the type of people likely to own it. That is out of my control, and has nothing to do with my own record. So wear the darn seatbelt, because refusing to do so adds to the cost insurance companies have to pay out, which they in turn pass along to their other customers like me.

This seems like such a simple concept to me, perhaps I am not explaining it in a way that makes sense to you. Someone else can try, I have work to do.

Dave [/b][/quote]
yeah i questioned the meaning of your comment. No where did i say that the method an insurance company uses to determine rates did not take into account the type of person likely to drive a car etc...Nor did I mention anything about Shared Risk! I said i agree with jessica when she said that keeping your record clean will help keep your rates lower. THIS IS THE ONLY THING UNDER YOUR CONTROL. the cleaner your record the lower your rates. Do you not understand that???
Old 11/3/04, 11:04 AM
Mach 1 Member

oh and BTW... please
Old 11/3/04, 11:08 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally posted by JessicaRabbitt@November 3, 2004, 12:03 PM
I dont get why you all are paying so much anyway... $700 a year is so affordable for me, and my GT.
WHAT? $700 per year full coverage? WOW! I have a clean record but insurance rates are so high here in Brooklyn, NY that GEICO wants almost $5k per year for full coverage. :scratch: I gotta move to NJ ($2300) to afford my GT plus insurance plus rent and bills nevermind being able to eat!
Old 11/3/04, 11:13 AM
She's Back and Strapped!

Mas35NYR, for both my husband I and myself we pay a total of $1500 a year for insurance. I have AAA, full coverage, as does my husband. He drives a V8 truck.

Its cheaper to insure these vehicles, than it is to put gas in them!

Maybe its our age, in combination with good records?? I dunno....
Old 11/3/04, 11:43 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by ace0215+November 3, 2004, 8:59 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ace0215 @ November 3, 2004, 8:59 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by holderca1@November 3, 2004, 8:20 AM
Originally posted by ace0215@November 3, 2004, 8:11 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Badandy
@November 2, 2004, 7:35 PM
What kind of retard doesn't wear a seatbelt.

You are very stupid Mongoose!

this forum is NOT for calling people names. Who are you to judge somebody as a retard or stupid? Please think before typing

I think he did think, it's the person that didn't buckle up that didn't think.
You obviously missed the point. There is just NO NEED for name calling. It is childish and gets nothing accomplished. [/b][/quote]
I thought it was obvious enough that I was saying that under the assumption (like many other people) that he was not wearing his seatbelt. Yay for reading comprehension...
Old 11/3/04, 11:49 AM
Cobra R Member

This is strange indeed. I must have the only GT that sounds a chime when shifting to reverse and at 70 MPH. Chime only, no flashing lights.I thought everyone had this. This is a very bad owners manual. The manuals with my two other Ford products are great but not this one. Case in point. Radio/ CD player. The manual does not tell you what the AUX switch is for or where to plug it in even if you had one. LOL. I will order a shop manual for this car for sure.
I do not understand why people start the nasty name calling here without even reading the whole reply or knowing the facts.

Quick Reply: 70 MPH / SEAT BELT CHIME