2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

4 MONTHS NO CAR

Search this Thread

Old 5/17/05, 07:49 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ordered mid-january, no dealer phone calls, nothing.............anyone else in the 4+ month club and still no build date?-----------
Old 5/17/05, 07:53 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm fast approaching it. :cry:
In week 14
Old 5/17/05, 07:57 PM
jon

mine took 6months and six days from order to delivery. good things come to those who wait.
Old 5/17/05, 08:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

You know that is hard to believe. 4 months!!! I cant see how you guys do it. You have much more patience than I do.

I was going insane after 1 month. At month 2 I called the dealer. He said it might be 1 more month. I told him that I think I had my current car sold and could not wait 1 week due to transportation purposes. He called after 2 hrs and said my car would be in the next day. Well, guess what....it sure was. I know you guys dont want to hear this but I wish you all the best of luck. I will be thinking of you guys and say a few prayers. Take care and let me say that the car is all that. You will not be dissapointed. Whatever you do dont go with another car.
Old 5/17/05, 08:10 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by dtdebuty@May 17, 2005, 8:06 PM
You know that is hard to believe. 4 months!!! I cant see how you guys do it. You have much more patience than I do.

I was going insane after 1 month. At month 2 I called the dealer. He said it might be 1 more month. I told him that I think I had my current car sold and could not wait 1 week due to transportation purposes. He called after 2 hrs and said my car would be in the next day. Well, guess what....it sure was. I know you guys dont want to hear this but I wish you all the best of luck. I will be thinking of you guys and say a few prayers. Take care and let me say that the car is all that. You will not be dissapointed. Whatever you do dont go with another car.

man, i just got back from a beautiful caribbean vacation and forgot about it all(the wait, the crappy sales service, the disappointment, the lack of communication, etc) for two weeks, now, if i do not have positive news waiting for me when i get to work tomorrow, its go time, and i have plenty of ammo in the wings---------
Old 5/17/05, 08:13 PM
Mach 1 Member

Good luck. No messages on the answering machine from your dealer? I would drive down their and demand some answers. Let us know what the turn out is.
Old 5/17/05, 08:23 PM

Hang in there! My last car took 21 months!!

[attachmentid=21474]

Just got rid of my 2003 Vintage Spyder (550 Porsche replica). It was a really fun car, though--1400 lbs. with 165 hp. You do the math... But, no radio, no top, no heater... heck, it didn't even have windshield wipers! It always drew A LOT of attention, so I was always paranoid about the cops. My wife never really liked it (too loud and windy) but she's given me the green light on the Mustang. I was able to make some money on the sale, so I just recently bought a 1959 3/4-ton Chevy Apache. It's a fun piece of nostalgia and a great hauler for Home Depot runs, but I am looking forward to having the goo-gobs of power that the Spyder did, but in a new, reliable car.

With a radio, too.
Old 5/17/05, 08:35 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by dtdebuty@May 17, 2005, 8:16 PM
Good luck. No messages on the answering machine from your dealer? I would drive down their and demand some answers. Let us know what the turn out is.

well, tomorrow we shall see..my lease is up end of May, consequently my insurance policy will need to be renewed as well------i have been pretty much hands off for the past 4+ months, but its time to escalate the issue----as a consumer, i deserve answers, communication and the attention i am deserved to about 25+ purchases/leases trough this dealer by my family in the past 15 years....
Old 5/17/05, 08:58 PM

Originally posted by Draftin'@May 17, 2005, 7:38 PM
well, tomorrow we shall see..my lease is up end of May, consequently my insurance policy will need to be renewed as well------i have been pretty much hands off for the past 4+ months, but its time to escalate the issue----as a consumer, i deserve answers, communication and the attention i am deserved to about 25+ purchases/leases trough this dealer by my family in the past 15 years....
Hey Draftin',

I hope you get your car soon. Just curious--Did your dealer put down an estimated arrival date down on the order? I'm planning on ordering an '06, and was wondering if Ford offers some sort of delivery date or just leaves it blank to cover their ***.

Joe
Old 5/17/05, 10:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

Man mine took 5 months & I started calling my dealer right after I ordered like every other week. Then at about the 1 month mark I started calling him once a week usually on Mon. Until I learned his system got updated every Thur & then I would call every Fri.

Then around the 3 month mark I started calling every 3 or 4 days. Let's just say that by the time my car came in 1 of the women who answered the phone knew my voice. I would call & say "I need to talk to Joe(he's the gm)" & her reply was "Sure, is this Kera?".

At the 4 month mark you should have already been calling & bugging the stew out of them. I would go down or call tomorrow & demand the GM & demand they find the story out that day. Just my 2 cents.

Good luck to you.
Old 5/17/05, 10:56 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by kerafaith@May 17, 2005, 10:05 PM
Man mine took 5 months & I started calling my dealer right after I ordered like every other week. Then at about the 1 month mark I started calling him once a week usually on Mon. Until I learned his system got updated every Thur & then I would call every Fri.

Then around the 3 month mark I started calling every 3 or 4 days. Let's just say that by the time my car came in 1 of the women who answered the phone knew my voice. I would call & say "I need to talk to Joe(he's the gm)" & her reply was "Sure, is this Kera?".

At the 4 month mark you should have already been calling & bugging the stew out of them. I would go down or call tomorrow & demand the GM & demand they find the story out that day. Just my 2 cents.

Good luck to you.
I ordered last week. I called twice on Monday and twice today. Just trying to get them to actually put the order through. I dont see the harm in calling all the time..
Old 5/17/05, 11:28 PM
Cobra Member

ordered nov. 23rd... they droped my car at the rail yard.. building me a new car still waiting and still getting no answers,ready to remove dealership from the face of the earth..
Old 5/18/05, 01:55 AM
Cobra R Member

*does the math....1400 lbs...165hp....*
Bout half the horsepower to weight ratio as our replica (no not a kit, hand built replica, 11 years) cobra (which is stupid to drive, 1900 lbs, 385hp)
Old 5/18/05, 02:31 AM
Mach 1 Member

Daniel1981 ~ You're right. There is nothing wrong with calling all the time. I just gave them time to get the order in. I ordered on a Wed & called the following Monday to make sure it went through. Of course after the order went through & was c/u that's all they could tell me for nearly 3 months.

But again nothing wrong with calling every week as soon as you order. I was just giving them alittle breathing room. I mean the dealer can really only do soo much. It's not as if the can go to MI & pull your order & build it themselves.

Again just my 2 cents.
Old 5/18/05, 06:47 AM
V6 Member

I have been c/u since 1/17 for my '05 GT vert, with no hope in sight of it being serialized. I have decided to place an order with Yeoman Ford in Daytona Beach, which will go in today, be serialized tomorrow, and I will have a build date early next week. The deal is at MSRP, which I had from my existing dealer. I will not cancel my existing order, on the longshot that it will get built, then sell it and try to make up the shipping difference. For all those that are sitting in c/u land and want a car ASAP, call Carlos at Yeoman Ford in Daytona Beach. For those who doubt that this is possible, I can confirm around 5 instances of this happening in the last two weeks at this dealer.
Old 5/18/05, 07:23 AM
Mach 1 Member

I have been C/U for 15 weeks as of this coming Friday. I call about every 2 weeks. It was said in an earlier post the dealership can only do so much.

Since I understand that the Ford only pulls and updates on Thursday I don't see how that is possible. But, Maybe they have something SPECIAL going on.
Old 5/18/05, 07:46 AM
V6 Member

4 1/2 months for me and still waiting...