2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

2009 backup camera install

Search this Thread

Old 8/19/15, 04:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 backup camera install

What wires do I need to tie into for the power and the backup signal when I put it into reverse ? I will be doing a wired one , I plan on routing the wires through the inside to the trunk and through one of the grommets to the tag area .
Old 8/19/15, 07:05 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 781 Likes on 570 Posts
What about grabbing one of the reverse light bulb wires right by the tail light? Where are you going to mount the camera?
Old 8/19/15, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by Glenn
What about grabbing one of the reverse light bulb wires right by the tail light? Where are you going to mount the camera?
On the bolts for the tag .
Old 8/20/15, 09:18 AM

I bought the Pyle brand back up camera off of Amazon. It is great super clear picture and does great at night. I ran the power to the reverse lights and then the A/V cord thru trunk under seats. The only place you can see the wire(which you can't see cause of the lip of seat) is gap from middle of back seat to under the center console. From center console it run around shifter to behind right side inner kick panels and plugs into the radio plug for back up camera. The radio is a kenwood, it was 275 at best buy.
Old 8/20/15, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by dawg93
I bought the Pyle brand back up camera off of Amazon. It is great super clear picture and does great at night. I ran the power to the reverse lights and then the A/V cord thru trunk under seats. The only place you can see the wire(which you can't see cause of the lip of seat) is gap from middle of back seat to under the center console. From center console it run around shifter to behind right side inner kick panels and plugs into the radio plug for back up camera. The radio is a kenwood, it was 275 at best buy.
Thanks , I will look at this . Thanks for the Info.
Old 8/20/15, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by bigdaddy51200
Thanks , I will look at this . Thanks for the Info.
Your welcome it was very simple to hookup only problem is on that radio you have to put car in reverse and press the A/V button on radio face for the camera to come up on screen it isn't like factory that auto turns to camera when put in reverse. But isn't a problem at all. I only use mine in parking lots to get that angle to see around bigger trucks and suvs that I can't see around.