2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: To Mod Or Not To Mod
All Out Mod (Gt500 bumber and motor)
4.88%
Sleeper Mod (Just Motor leaving outside alone)
68.29%
Leave it alone
26.83%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

2008 bullitt mod

Search this Thread

Old 4/1/10, 01:16 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 bullitt mod

I dont plan on ever getting rid of it.. I been rollen around the idea i moding it up and what not. What do you guys think?
Old 4/1/10, 02:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
I voted for "sleeper mod." Bullitt's are cool and have their own mystique, IMHO. Why change that? FWIW, very few know what it is and what is special about it. So when you smoke someone who doesn't know, they'll wonder what they got smoked by. Which is very cool.

GT 500's have an awesome look but a Bullitt isn't a GT500, nor is my CS. If you go with the GT500 body stuff, please don't put Cobra badges on it!!!

But, If you decide to mod it (it's your car after all) keep all of the original parts so you can put it back to original at some point.

My 2c.
Old 4/1/10, 09:58 PM
Bullitt Member

A Bullitt being transformed to a GT500 just wouldn't be right. Like John said, it's got it's own mystique. This isn't a normal GT and it's in its own class that, in my eyes, makes it just as desirable as a GT500. Changing it over to a GT500 would be taking away what makes the Bullitt a special car.
Old 4/1/10, 11:14 PM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
I agree with the sleeper mods
Old 4/2/10, 07:43 AM
Bullitt Member

Its your car and I would mod it to what ever makes you happy.

That being said, if you had wanted to mod a mustang I'm not sure I would have gotten a Bullett. I'm assuming you had to pay more money up front considering it was being sold as a 'Bullett' and therefore might have gone for more than the typical equivilant GT might have. If you are determined to mod it, I would typically agree I'd go the 'sleeper' route and maintain its current look since you likely paid to get a Bullett.

I considered getting a roush stage 3 numerous times prior to buying my stock GT. Why? Cause I eventually realized I was going to mod the hell out of it and why spend money for the 'Roush' name to change the hell out of it so it in no way would resemble one anymore anyway...

Just food for thought

Andretti
Old 4/2/10, 10:06 AM
Pov

I say leave it alone. It's a classic.
Old 4/2/10, 10:27 AM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Why not just by a GT500 and paint it green?

I say leave it alone. If you wanted a GT500 should'a just bought one.

however, if money is no object, and you just want something different.... I say change the drive train out and go all out on speed and power.

Last edited by codeman94; 4/2/10 at 10:28 AM.
Old 4/2/10, 11:03 AM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I would put GT500 bumpers on the bullitt. I dont even see it as buildign a clone as long as you leave the rest alone. the GT500 body pieces are pretty classy and clean; it'd look fantastic on there

I wouldnt, however, swap a GT500 motor in. the 3v is a pretty bomb motor as it is and you can make tons of power with it. mod the crack out of it
Old 4/3/10, 02:21 PM
Bullitt Member

Doing a GT500 engine swap can be a big expense, and a lot more work than a 4.6 build.

If you get the itch to modify your Bullitt. I would suggest you build your existing engine. A forged and F/I'd 3V can make all the power you'd ever want.
Old 5/26/11, 11:52 AM
V6 Member

a picture of my baby.
Old 5/26/11, 11:59 AM
V6 Member

So I going to go sleeper mod.. i want to do very little to the oujtside of the car. I think i will lower it, and then i'm thinking about replacing the grill with a black crome grill. The platic one is just blah.. So i think if i can find a black crome one of the same style it will boost it's sexy appile 10 fold.

Proformance wise im not sure what i want to get into first.
Any ideas, websites and items you guys think i should check out would be sweet.
Old 5/26/11, 01:31 PM
Bullitt Member

Sleeper. You will have a very sneaky car!
Old 5/26/11, 01:45 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TangNStang
So I going to go sleeper mod.. i want to do very little to the oujtside of the car. I think i will lower it, and then i'm thinking about replacing the grill with a black crome grill. The platic one is just blah.. So i think if i can find a black crome one of the same style it will boost it's sexy appile 10 fold.

Proformance wise im not sure what i want to get into first.
Any ideas, websites and items you guys think i should check out would be sweet.
I voted for sleeper mod... if I were you I would put a blower on the car with some mid-range boost (7-8 lbs) and leave it at that. If you can get one that will clear the strut brace even better but I don't know if you can... I love the strut brace on the Bullitt... well I love the Bullitt period hehe... steering wheel, seats, dash... all of it.

I have some lowering springs for sale right now H&R that are excellent and basically brand new if you're interested.
Old 5/26/11, 11:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Just to throw it out there, one of the best looking Bullitts I've ever seen used GT/CS bumpers. Subtly different, but noticeable in a good way. A little tint, lowering and some deep dish bullitt wheels and wow. One heck of a sexy improvement over an already sexy car IMHO.

However I agree, mostly what matters will be underneath.
Old 5/27/11, 08:58 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mackitraz
Just to throw it out there, one of the best looking Bullitts I've ever seen used GT/CS bumpers. Subtly different, but noticeable in a good way. A little tint, lowering and some deep dish bullitt wheels and wow. One heck of a sexy improvement over an already sexy car IMHO.

That sounds like a good idea... GT/CS bumper... subtle but a little more aggressive.
Old 5/27/11, 06:13 PM
Cobra R Member

I think the perfect exterior mods would be quarter window louvers like the '68, and an induction hood like the '68.
Old 5/27/11, 07:44 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Mackitraz

Even though I'm GT/CS bias, I would agree that the C/S bumpers would be a subtle improvement. Even the side scoops would look good as well with out taking away the Bullitt DNA. After all it's that Highland Green that really makes the Bullitt what it is. Subtle mods would just make it that much more unique.
Old 5/27/11, 08:06 PM
GT Member

Also you can see the thread dated May 26 for "finally pulled the trigger on a c/s front". You will see a Bullitt there with some added touches. Nicely done but I would leave out the fogs on the Bullitt IMO.
Old 5/30/11, 08:21 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 114 Likes on 88 Posts
I say leave it alone exterior wise. The Bullitt doesn't have sacred status or anything like that were it would be sacrilegious to mod the exterior, but I think messing with it too much would just ruin the mystique like everyone said. I think you could dress it up with LED turn signals, Agent47 mirrors, louvered quarter windows, and the '68 style hood. But I wouldn't do much more than that.

One of my buddies has a Bullitt, and if anything, it needs to be lowered. You would be amazed what that does for looks alone, not to mention handling.

As far as power goes, I wouldn't do anything that changes that sweet exhaust note. It sounds incredible from the factory.